PDA

View Full Version : Voice and text chat? PC UNITY

Vinny322
03-22-2015, 02:35 PM
I'm new to unity, but I love it so far...despite the many..many bugs in the game, for example I slid down a rooftop and tried to grab on, and I got stuck, unable to move and feeling quite annoyed.

But hey, I'm here because I want to know how to start a voice chat in Co-Op or multiplier, I've been looking all over the option, but I can't find it, and I would hate to think some of the people heard the things I called them if my mic is always on in MP lol !!

and no text to chat either??? REALLY??!!

Whats the point of an mMORPG (mini-multiplier-online-role-playing-game) if no one can even talk to each other? <<-- Please patch in at least a text box for Co-Op, and given the bandwidth we are using anyway, surely there could be a 16 bit channel built in to it, and ofc a STFU button for the idiots who like to sing when they're playing ,- also known as mute -

Also, I am in a club thingy and there are a few members in it, but I can't invite them to play with me, I looked in every shiny glowy portal thingy in the cafe's and the theater and I can't invite anyone. I see the dudes standing there, I walk over and there is no option to join their mission or invite them to mine.

So again whats the point of a club if, I can't talk to anyone in it? not even remotely it's bizarre how uplay finally give us a game we can really sink our teeth into and then not give us the options to play with, or speak to, anyone ever........

WEIRD !

Vince

EDIT: I checked the uplay settings and the mic does work just fine, if anything, a little too loud, and it's set to always on because the keyboard buttons are all used up. - at least the reachable ones are-

Alphacos007
03-22-2015, 04:01 PM
There never was voice or text in previous AC multiplayers, so I don't think it'll happen this time.
About inviting, you can invite them through the pause menu. Press ESC > Play with friends > Invite

Vinny322
03-22-2015, 05:26 PM
I tried that, it doesn't work. there is only one option and it's greyed out, there is a panel on the right with 3 free slots, but again I can't do anything with it. clicking doesn't help, and pressing inv players brings me back to the greyed out single option screen.

Do I need to have them on a list, list friends or something? Shouldn't clan mates be always eligible to join missions. I know I am missing a piece of the puzzle, but I don't know what that might be.

YazX_
03-23-2015, 01:47 AM
There never was voice or text in previous AC multiplayers, so I don't think it'll happen this time.
About inviting, you can invite them through the pause menu. Press ESC > Play with friends > Invite

There has been always voice chat in AC MP since ACB by pressing "G" button (default) and later versions of AC MP had the option to "push to talk" or "auto", however, in ACU they took it out from the game and integrated voice chat within UPlay itself, so you need to setup voice chat in UPlay settings to be able to talk in game.

Regarding Text Chat, you can only talk to your contacts/friends in UPlay by bringing UPlay overlay (Shift + F2) while in-game, you cannot text a stranger or public chat unfortunately.

Note, any player can disable voice chat from menu, so even if you talk they will not be able to hear you if they have it disabled, to know if he/she has it disabled/enabled, just look next to their names while playing CO-OP, if there is a speaker icon next to their names then they have it enabled and can hear and talk to you, otherwise (no speaker icon) they will not be able to hear nor talk to you.

Now for inviting players to play, you cannot invite a stranger, they should be in your friends list in UPlay, otherwise you have to join public session where you can play with randoms, anyway, to add friends while in game, bring UPlay overlay (shift+f2) and type the name in "Find Friends", then click on the name you want to add and press "Add to friends", a friend request will be sent to the person you chose, once he/she accepts, it will be listed under your friends list and then from game you can invite him/her to play.

Vinny322
03-23-2015, 08:15 AM
Well that's disappointing, about the voice chat, uplay really went out of their way to screw the pooch on this one.

So if what I'm hearing you saying is correct,
To Voice chat, I must ensure both parties ara using voice on uplay overlay shift + f2 which I can't do until AFTER I send a friend request via the uplay overlay, which I cant do until AFTER I decide if I want to play with these people again and send them club invites.

ok got it...

Wouldn't it be easier if all your in game contacts were stored in a place they were actually usable? like I don't know.... THE UPLAY OVERLAY SCREEN. Recent contacts <- send a message <-- invite to play <--request voice chat.

Then I wouldn't looking all over the in-game settings looking for a way to play co-op missions with people who actually don't suck at the game more than me,

It truly is a bizarre setup, but now at least I can make some head way and play the game properly
Thanks
Vince

EDIT: It's like showing up to work, and no one will speak to you, until you ask why can't I communicate with these people?? and the boss says, you need to fill out this form, and send it to them for approval, then if all goes well you will be able to speak to at least someone very soon" In the mean time, get those boxes ready for dispatch to an other country, you know how to do that right? just ask if you need help, maybe someone will approve yuor friend request.

this stuff is bananas:
B
A
N
A
N
A
S
!!

YazX_
03-23-2015, 10:05 AM
Well that's disappointing, about the voice chat, uplay really went out of their way to screw the pooch on this one.

So if what I'm hearing you saying is correct,
To Voice chat, I must ensure both parties ara using voice on uplay overlay shift + f2 which I can't do until AFTER I send a friend request via the uplay overlay, which I cant do until AFTER I decide if I want to play with these people again and send them club invites.

ok got it...

Wouldn't it be easier if all your in game contacts were stored in a place they were actually usable? like I don't know.... THE UPLAY OVERLAY SCREEN. Recent contacts <- send a message <-- invite to play <--request voice chat.

Then I wouldn't looking all over the in-game settings looking for a way to play co-op missions with people who actually don't suck at the game more than me,

It truly is a bizarre setup, but now at least I can make some head way and play the game properly
Thanks
Vince

EDIT: It's like showing up to work, and no one will speak to you, until you ask why can't I communicate with these people?? and the boss says, you need to fill out this form, and send it to them for approval, then if all goes well you will be able to speak to at least someone very soon" In the mean time, get those boxes ready for dispatch to an other country, you know how to do that right? just ask if you need help, maybe someone will approve yuor friend request.

this stuff is bananas:
B
A
N
A
N
A
S
!!

i dont think you got it correctly, let me re-explain:

UPlay: its a software than manages your games, friends and online services.
Any Ubisoft Game: you need UPlay to launch it.

now since UPlay manages your friends and online services, to be able to play online with FRIENDS, you need to add those FRIENDS first to your UPLAY FRIENDS LIST, either by bringing UPlay Overlay in-game , using the software itself outside of the game or using UPlay website.

now once you add your friends, you can send them invites to play with you with any Ubisoft game that support multiplayer/co-op.

so UPlay is the container or place you are asking for in your last message to show friends.

regarding recent players, in previous ACs, there was something like "Recent Players" and you could send them invites, but it turns out to be very annoying and too many complaints, i'm not sure if this is the reason on why its not in Unity.