PDA

View Full Version : Moriarty could be grand master of Templar order in AC V?

Defalt221
03-22-2015, 11:54 AM
Think about it. The most dangerous (fictional) criminal in the planet whose crimes can never be traced back to him (Even Sherlock failed to link him to crimes although he solved the crimes) . This would lead him to frame assassins for every political murder and assassins would therefore have to trace down and kill him. From the Conan Doyle book,Moriarty falls over the cliff but his body is never found. This could continue his secret life of how he operates hidden. Thus peace would be hampered due to smart criminals and assassins would face a terrible threat. Yeah,he's a fictional character but then again Ubisoft always brings fictional protagonists and antagonists. And given their tendency to twist history (or revealing parts of it historians never knew) like in AC U,I think it could be cool. Maybe he's behind Jack the ripper events?(after all those crimes were never solved).
Also we need really really smart assassins and Templars who would have to destroy evidences to prevent London police to track them down. Also it'd be absurd for an assassin to wage a killing spree in London at a time period like in Victorian era. Unity made sense because there were too many murders always going on. Also Sherlock Holmes assisting the assassins (Just so you know, Sherlock Holmes is reputed to use his "homeless networks" of unknown and unseen people to track down criminals.And assassins could be part of that "homeless network") in Murder Mysteries. What do you think?

BTW watch BBC Sherlock if you want to know how dangerous Moriarty is.The Doyle books don't show much about him (only one chapter-the final problem). But the best depiction of Moriarty is in Sherlock Holmes A game of shadows. Most of you may have seen that film.

wvstolzing
03-22-2015, 12:10 PM
I'd prefer Skeletor. (Just so you know, he lived in Snake Mountain.)

JamesFaith007
03-22-2015, 12:29 PM
No, thanks.

Using fictional character from famous book as main antagonist in AC would be very bad joke for me. There are plenty historical figures who can take this part in story, no need to borrow them from classical books.

D.I.D.
03-22-2015, 12:32 PM
No need. Look up Adam Worth, the Victorian master criminal on whom Moriarty was based.

Xstantin
03-22-2015, 12:43 PM
No. I do really really hope they don't jump on BBCSherlock's popularity to please the fans anyway
Some Holmes easter egg is probably going to be there anyway

VestigialLlama4
03-22-2015, 02:43 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cecil_Rhodes

This guy is a better fit for Templar Grandmaster.

At his death he was considered one of the wealthiest men in the world. In his first will, written in 1877 before he had accumulated his wealth, Rhodes wanted to create a secret society that would bring the whole world under British rule.[4] The exact wording from this will is:

To and for the establishment, promotion and development of a Secret Society, the true aim and object whereof shall be for the extension of British rule throughout the world, the perfecting of a system of emigration from the United Kingdom, and of colonisation by British subjects of all lands where the means of livelihood are attainable by energy, labour and enterprise, and especially the occupation by British settlers of the entire Continent of Africa, the Holy Land, the Valley of the Euphrates, the Islands of Cyprus and Candia, the whole of South America, the Islands of the Pacific not heretofore possessed by Great Britain, the whole of the Malay Archipelago, the seaboard of China and Japan, the ultimate recovery of the United States of America as an integral part of the British Empire, the inauguration of a system of Colonial representation in the Imperial Parliament which may tend to weld together the disjointed members of the Empire and, finally, the foundation of so great a Power as to render wars impossible, and promote the best interests of humanity.[40][41]

LoyalACFan
03-25-2015, 10:46 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cecil_Rhodes

This guy is a better fit for Templar Grandmaster.

No need. Look up Adam Worth, the Victorian master criminal on whom Moriarty was based.

What's better, they both died in the same year. If it uses these targets (who are both fine candidates) Victory could probably span from the 1880s to 1902. Maybe less if the rumors about the protagonist being middle-aged in the beginning are true.

Megas_Doux
03-25-2015, 11:44 PM
No. I do really really hope they don't jump on BBCSherlock's popularity to please the fans anyway
Some Holmes easter egg is probably going to be there anyway

Easter eggs in AC have been rather bad, a lot of wasted opportunities.....