PDA

View Full Version : How can I write this book WITHOUT ripping off AC?

DangerDrago2015
03-21-2015, 11:53 PM
Basically, I'm writing a book consisting of some relatively assassinscreed-esque concepts: technology left by ancient supreme beings, ancient ninja-style orders, Knight's Templar, looking into the past, etc.

Now, I plan on this becoming an actual published work, and when it does I don't want to be sued or discredited, so: what are the trademark ideas and parts of Assassins Creed that, if used in my book, would make my work a rip off?

P.S. Is there any way of making the Hashashin Order of real history look like good guys without heavily fictionalizing them like Ubisoft did?

P.P.S I'm trying to find a good, original way of looking into the past, obviously withoout using an Animus. Maybe, one of the Supreme Breings (Ethereals, as I plan to name them) kind of sneaks into your mind, allowing you to view the memories of past warriors he did the same thing to? Any other ideas?

M3gaToxic
03-22-2015, 12:11 AM
Don't know too much about literature, however since Ubisoft does research of actual history and events for their games...you should be fine in that part since they can't copy right history (I hope). Just don't use the characters they created for the games that are not real. Like Ezio, Connor, etc. I mean Templars and Assassin's a real. However the whole Assassin and Templar conflict may be an AC/Ubisoft thing. You could also try writing Ubisoft and asking them what material you could use for your book and what not.

Xstantin
03-22-2015, 12:14 AM
Rename Ezio into Pippy Boom Boom :rolleyes: also good characters always have some unusual eye color like purple
Seriously though, write it however you want it's your story. I think not basing your research on AC would be helpful

Democrito_71
03-22-2015, 12:52 AM
P.S. Is there any way of making the Hashashin Order of real history look like good guys without heavily fictionalizing them like Ubisoft did?

Well, the tricky part is that the Hashashins actually ate hash(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hashish) which was a way to dove the senses of fear before they assassinated targets in public and the word hashashins comes from the word hashishin which means "users of hashish" which is basically, hash. So, the hashashins were a secret order who ate hash and assassinated targets publicly & the very large majority of the hashashins were killed by the guards/soldiers right after the assassinations. I think it's quite difficult to make the actual Hashashin Order to look like good guys cause reading deeply about their history, they are like a worser version of crazy, drug addicted, murderous, suicidal hippies imo.

My tip for you is to not basing your research on AC, as KEVT2011 said earlier. Use your imagination and base your research on something else your interested in. Try to read literature about historical events from different centuries and perhaps you find something that you like:)

Templar_Az
03-22-2015, 01:30 AM
No offense but from the way you wrote your post you seem to have written an assassins creed novel? lol

maybe be a bit more original and make up something a little different?

Altair1789
03-22-2015, 03:23 AM
Rename Ezio to Lothario de Lalala