PDA

View Full Version : spoilers*** So how does this one work?

Selian DeSang
03-20-2015, 08:51 PM
okay so i'm embarrassed to say it took me this long to think of this, and there may be a thread about it already, but the beginning character we play as, the templar knight. how are we able to see his memories?

1. we see him for about an hour of his life right before he dies from his point of view.... i doubt he spawned a child three seconds after thomas kills him.

2. even if it was a spin off of thomas' memories... How? genetic skulldruggery?

i find this somewhat confusing, could anyone explain in case there was something i missed?

Altair1789
03-20-2015, 09:05 PM
Most likely they got a DNA sample from the templar you were playing as. You see him burning, so Thomas didn't kill exactly him. The reason the animus does what it does is because your DNA is recording your memories 24/7, so if you have a DNA sample of someone who died, you can view his life up to right before he died. Either way, abstergo allegedly does a lot of tampering with these memories. I think the bigger question is why was that memory showing the sword of Eden and the codex available to all Helix users? Not sure if I missed something about that

Selian DeSang
03-20-2015, 10:40 PM
what did they do find some hair with viable dna after seven hundred years? but that is a good question if the helix users know they are reliving actual historical memories, why on earth would they show a powerful piece of eden in what is supposed to be viable historical fact (enter sarcasm)... on one hand if you show it it degrades the reliability of this being history and not just a really real looking video game... on the other hand helix users are going to be idiots.

Altair1789
03-20-2015, 10:53 PM
They probably got some cells from his skull or bones, as they planned to do with Germain