PDA

View Full Version : Was Connor a virgin up until meeting this blond wife?

EmptyCrustacean
03-20-2015, 07:46 PM
I think so. There are some clues.

For instance, he confesses that he doesn't have time to have a woman because of his commitments as an Assassin. And Connor is NOT the type of guy that would have loads of one-night-stands (far too noble and gentleman-like)

He also had to ask Patience "what do you women like?" when trying to get Myriam to fall in love with Norris - proving he has very little experience with women.

Discuss.

GunnerGalactico
03-20-2015, 07:48 PM
He also had to ask Patience "what do you women like?"

Lol... I think you mean Prudence. :p

Shahkulu101
03-20-2015, 07:53 PM
It's definitely implied, and Corey jokingly confirmed it when speaking to Noah as revealed by Loomer. So it's safe to assume that he probably is, yeah.

Deezl-V
03-20-2015, 07:58 PM
I think so. There are some clues.

For instance, he confesses that he doesn't have time to have a woman because of his commitments as an Assassin. And Connor is NOT the type of guy that would have loads of one-night-stands (far too noble and gentleman-like)

He also had to ask Patience "what do you women like?" when trying to get Myriam to fall in love with Norris - proving he has very little experience with women.

Discuss.

This topic is too creepy. You actually care about a fictional characters love life which has nothing to do with the game? Lol.

Weird.

M3gaToxic
03-20-2015, 07:58 PM
Ain't nothing wrong with that. He is saving himself for Aveline. ;)

Xstantin
03-20-2015, 08:00 PM
He is saving himself for Aveline. ;)

Not according to writers. Different motivations something something.
I'm too lazy to look for a quote

STDlyMcStudpants
03-20-2015, 08:11 PM
Does it matter? Lol
I guess youre asking because youre interested in blood line....
I think we are done with Assassins Creed being anything more than lets go to this time period and pretend it has anything to do with the story and at the end be like 'Templars are too lazy to go uncover what you found, good work spending 40 hours of your life to help us come to this conclusion.'

M3gaToxic
03-20-2015, 08:27 PM
Not according to writers. Different motivations something something.
I'm too lazy to look for a quote
Forget what they say, I know what you are talking about. Connor and Aveline are right for each other. They know it...who cares about the different motivations. Real humans have that but they are still together. So it can happen.

wvstolzing
03-20-2015, 08:35 PM
Ezio's mother would've said that he had other 'vents' for his self-expression.

Like raising a barn, chasing little piggies, churning lotsa butter.

I'm so lame I need to point out the Weird Al reference in that last sentence. :(

M3gaToxic
03-20-2015, 08:37 PM
Ezio's mother would've said that he had other 'vents' for his self-expression.

Like raising a barn, chasing little piggies, churning lotsa butter.

I'm so lame I need to point out the Weird Al reference in that last sentence. :(
Don't forget Ezio needed more "outlets" besides...well you know (not sure I can say that on the forums)

GunnerGalactico
03-20-2015, 08:37 PM
Forget what they say, I know what you are talking about. Connor and Aveline are right for each other. They know it...who cares about the different motivations. Real humans have that but they are still together. So it can happen.

I don't mean to shoot you down (lol :p), even the writers thought it was a bad idea. Aveline was meant to be Connor's love interest in TOKW, but they decided against it because they are wayyyy too different from each other.

Xstantin
03-20-2015, 08:38 PM
Connor and Aveline are right for each other.

Just like Shaytham for many out there on Tumblr. Doesn't mean a thing XD

EmptyCrustacean
03-20-2015, 09:46 PM
Lol... I think you mean Prudence. :p

freudian slip ;)

EmptyCrustacean
03-20-2015, 09:47 PM
Ain't nothing wrong with that. He is saving himself for Aveline. ;)

I don't get the Aveline/Connor ship. They have no chemistry and neither of them seemed the slightest bit interested in one another.

wvstolzing
03-20-2015, 09:52 PM
What do you guys have against Geralt? He'd like to have a 'playing card' of Aveline, for sure.

Though I'm probably mixing up two people here. What was the name of the protagonist in Skateman Intense Rescue? :rolleyes:

I swear I'm sober right now.

Farlander1991
03-20-2015, 09:58 PM
Don't forget Ezio needed more "outlets" besides...well you know (not sure I can say that on the forums)

You mean ******s? :rolleyes:

Edit: Oh crap, you actually can't say that on the forums. Weird. And I originally wanted to say "the day when we can't say ****** and ***** on the forums would be a sad day for our society"... :nonchalance:

Mr.Black24
03-20-2015, 10:02 PM
I think the better question is, who is this blonde wife that captured our American Assassin's heart, and how did this love story go? I mean we seen how Altair and Maria's started rocky due to affiliations at the time, "Your father wouldn't stop following me" "Well your mother wouldn't stop getting me killed" Ezio and Sofia's was a business partnership, so how is Connor and said wife?

I'm a sucker for love stories at times.

M3gaToxic
03-20-2015, 10:20 PM
I don't mean to shoot you down (lol :p), even the writers thought it was a bad idea. Aveline was meant to be Connor's love interest in TOKW, but they decided against it because they are wayyyy too different from each other.
Yes I know I read that but they are wrong. Connor and Aveline just seem right. It would suck if connor settled down with an ordinary woman (not that there is anything wrong with that). He just seems like he needs a woman like Aveline. Both would be great doing Assassination Contracts together. Coneline (Connor and Aveline) is real

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8038/7924644212_38107c16db_b.jpg

Xstantin
03-20-2015, 10:29 PM
Nice art, but I get that paperback-romance-you-buy-at-Wallgreens vibe

M3gaToxic
03-20-2015, 10:34 PM
Nice art, but I get that paperback-romance-you-buy-at-Wallgreens vibe

How about this?

http://www.bestwallpapersfan.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Assassins-Liberation-Aveline-Connor-hd-wallpaper.jpg

SixKeys
03-20-2015, 10:35 PM
I remain constantly surprised by people's obsession with Connor's virginity.

M3gaToxic
03-20-2015, 10:44 PM
It is odd yes. I didn't really care much, but thought I would chime in anyway.

Megas_Doux
03-20-2015, 10:46 PM

Indeed......

Xstantin
03-20-2015, 10:51 PM
I think that obsession is hilarious. Maybe it has something to do with the lore and the whole ancestor thing (not that it is important anymore iirc)

Mr.Black24
03-20-2015, 11:09 PM
Coming from experience, its not Connor's virginity that is coming into question, its the love factor between him and his wife. The big questions, like as I said before, who is this blonde wife that captured our American Assassin's heart, and how did this love story go? For example, I usually have chats with fellow Connor fans on tumblr about who is this woman and how did things go from there. Connor's virginity is never brought up since we all know he has kids, hence Desmond. This thread is the first to talk about this little fact really.

SixKeys
03-20-2015, 11:17 PM
This thread is the first to talk about this little fact really.

I wish.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-20-2015, 11:36 PM
I agreed that Connor is a virgin until he meets his wife.

1. He has high respect for woman
2. He doesnt seem like the one-night-stand ("Ezio" :rolleyes:) type.
2. He's far too busy to be getting with women most of the time.

I'm sure he has the mentality of "saving yourself until marriage," which is highly admirable considering his character/personality in general.

EDIT: And regarding Aveline and Connor, official statement on WIkia if it helps any:

"The developers considered giving the character a love interest in The Tyranny of King Washington, and Aveline de Grandpré in particular for the role. However, it was decided the characters' motivations and personalities were too different for each other."

Source:
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Ratonhnhaké:ton#cite_ref-20
http://raptr.com/UbiGabe/news/5125780515d40ed291/raptr-q-a-assassins-creed

Long story short: I really don't think they'll be getting together.

Mr.Black24
03-20-2015, 11:36 PM
I wish.
Who else talks about his virginity? He is one in AC3 and thats that, I wonder where else did you hear this talk from.

EmptyCrustacean
03-20-2015, 11:39 PM
I wish.

It's a nice break from "Ezio sucked!"/"Ezio is the best!" debate threads that go absolutely nowhere.

SixKeys
03-20-2015, 11:43 PM
Who else talks about his virginity? He is one in AC3 and thats that, I wonder where else did you hear this talk from.

There have been threads about it before on this very forum. Corey May made a point of explicitly stating "Connor is a virgin" when asked to describe his character. Which is baffling to me, because "virgin" is hardly a personality trait. It's like the first thing that popped into his head when asked to describe their latest hero was "this guy - get this - he hasn't had sex yet!". Like that was the most interesting thing about him. Maybe that explains why Connor always felt so flavorless to me. Even his creator thought his virginity was a defining character trait instead of something that hardly matters for a warrior.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-20-2015, 11:44 PM

One word: Tumblr.

Megas_Doux
03-20-2015, 11:45 PM

There was a time, 2013/ 2014, in which Connor´s discussions were that frequent/intrusive within threads not related to him mods had to take action:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/907076-*IMPORTANT*-Regarding-Trolling-Spamming-Hi-jacking-the-Forums

Mr.Black24
03-20-2015, 11:47 PM

I'm sure he has the mentality of "saving yourself until marriage," which is highly admirable considering his character/personality in general.

EDIT: And regarding Aveline and Connor, official statement on WIkia if it helps any:

"The developers considered giving the character a love interest in The Tyranny of King Washington, and Aveline de Grandpré in particular for the role. However, it was decided the characters' motivations and personalities were too different for each other."

Source:

Especially since it was confirmed in the Aveline DLC in Black Flag that Connor views Aveline as a good friend.
I think they're best friends after they met up at the homestead. Hahaha now I'm imagining if she becomes a family friend and when Connor has kids and whenever Aveline comes over for "business" they just run over shouting "Aunt Aveline" and she would spoil them with gifts and play sweet piano music for them when she as the time. Yeah apparently in case if you forgotten, she is a highly talented piano player. Wouldn't surprise me if she and Gerald got together with the Kenways for Christmas at the homestead.

Oh my headcanon, why can't you be real?

M3gaToxic
03-20-2015, 11:53 PM

Source:

Like I said forget what they say. Clearly they are wrong and just didn't want it to happen.

Xstantin
03-21-2015, 12:05 AM
Like I said forget what they say. Clearly they are wrong and just didn't want it to happen.

Nah, Humble is on point :)

Mr.Black24
03-21-2015, 01:20 AM
There was a time, 2013/ 2014, in which Connor´s discussions were that frequent/intrusive within threads not related to him mods had to take action:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/907076-*IMPORTANT*-Regarding-Trolling-Spamming-Hi-jacking-the-Forums Oh I know, while I was a member of the forums, I mostly kept to the walls when this happened. It was a time when people wanted, and still do, Connor back.

AAGGGhhhuhhgHH this really is killing me!!!! Is it a sin to finish his story?

Like I said forget .what they say. Clearly they are wrong and just didn't want it to happen.
Nah too easy. I like the idea that they are separate and independent, just friends is more like it. Plus Aveline already had feelings for Gerald, and vice versa, so thats over with.
Heck its already fact that Connor's wife is blonde, so why bother anyway.

Plus you just can't ignore canon lore, its already set in stone, so yeah.:p

Namikaze_17
03-21-2015, 01:32 AM

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/907076-*IMPORTANT*-Regarding-Trolling-Spamming-Hi-jacking-the-Forums

Christ.

Same.

M3gaToxic
03-21-2015, 01:56 AM
Oh I know, while I was a member of the forums, I mostly kept to the walls when this happened. It was a time when people wanted, and still do, Connor back.

AAGGGhhhuhhgHH this really is killing me!!!! Is it a sin to finish his story?

Nah too easy. I like the idea that they are separate and independent, just friends is more like it. Plus Aveline already had feelings for Gerald, and vice versa, so thats over with.
Heck its already fact that Connor's wife is blonde, so why bother anyway.

Plus you just can't ignore canon lore, its already set in stone, so yeah.:p

So much disappointment on my face right now. They would have made such a great couple. Ubisoft you done messed up!

Mr.Black24
03-21-2015, 02:10 AM
Let me clear on one thing. at least on Tumblr, we only talk about who Connor marries, what is she like, and thoughts on how did their relationship blossom into marriage, thats it. None of that virginity crap, since its obvious that he lost it since, ya know, Desmond. *At least the big portion of us*

So much disappointment on my face right now. They would have made such a great couple. Ubisoft you done messed up! Who knows, maybe she is like Aveline, beautiful and capable of kicking ***.

M3gaToxic
03-21-2015, 02:29 AM
Let me clear on one thing. at least on Tumblr, we only talk about who Connor marries, what is she like, and thoughts on how did their relationship blossom into marriage, thats it. None of that virginity crap, since its obvious that he lost it since, ya know, Desmond. *At least the big portion of us*

Who knows, maybe she is like Aveline, beautiful and capable of kicking ***.
So they never revealed who Connor marries? Just that she is Blonde? At least they show who Ezio got with...thought it always makes me sad because he never had much time with her.

pirate1802
03-21-2015, 06:41 AM
This topic is too creepy. You actually care about a fictional characters love life which has nothing to do with the game? Lol.

Weird.

Yeah, as it turns out, people are indeed capable of forming emotional connections with fictional characters and wonder about their lives and traits. How so very weird isn't it.

GunnerGalactico
03-21-2015, 06:43 AM
So much disappointment on my face right now. They would have made such a great couple. Ubisoft you done messed up!

Too bad, so sad :rolleyes:

Since we're playing the shipping game here, I find it very strange that people did not mention anything about Gerald Blanc or pick up on the fact that he clearly had the hots for Aveline and even admitted it to her. Aveline and Gerald are compatible for each other IMO.

^ Same here.

M3gaToxic
03-21-2015, 06:48 AM
Too bad, so sad :rolleyes:

Since we're playing the shipping game here, I find it very strange that people did not mention anything about Gerald Blanc or pick up on the fact that he clearly had the hots for Aveline and even admitted it to her. Aveline and Gerald are compatible for each other IMO.

Didn't play Liberation, I was going to get it but...Thief was on sale so I got that instead. Just so sad, that Ubisoft went with the "Connors Blond Wife" rather than "Connors Wife Aveline". Heck my second would have been Deborah but alas she is not blond. Just a pity really.

GunnerGalactico
03-21-2015, 06:57 AM
Didn't play Liberation, I was going to get it but...Thief was on sale so I got that instead. Just so sad, that Ubisoft went with the "Connors Blond Wife" rather than "Connors Wife Aveline". Heck my second would have been Deborah but alas she is not blond. Just a pity really.

Oh, that explains it.

I'm not really concerned about Connor's love life. Most of us (like me) were only concerned about his marital status. We don't have to know about every aspect of his life. Deborah could've been his first *ahem* experience for all we know.

M3gaToxic
03-21-2015, 07:15 AM
Oh, that explains it.

I'm not really concerned about Connor's love life. Most of us (like me) were only concerned about his marital status. We don't have to know about every aspect of his life. Deborah could've been his first *ahem* experience for all we know.

Read the wiki and turns out his "Blond wife" didn't stay with him for long. Bet Aveline would have, but you know...Ubisoft. Any who....

EmptyCrustacean
03-21-2015, 11:56 AM
Why would Connor ever sleep with Deborah? I don't recall anywhere in the game that a relationship was implied.

Hans684
03-21-2015, 12:32 PM
No, he visited every brothel he found to calm his nerves after all the fighting. He is known as The Mountain.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-21-2015, 02:39 PM
Why would Connor ever sleep with Deborah? I don't recall anywhere in the game that a relationship was implied.

One of the tavern scenes when you get to talk to her, from wikia.

Connor: Hello, Dobby.
Dobby: Connor. You look well.
Connor: I have been better.
Dobby: Do you ever sleep? I really don't know how you do it.
Connor: I try not to think about it.
Dobby: A strong man, stronger than any I've ever met. How is it a man like you has no wife?
Connor: I do not have the time to give a woman what she deserves. Perhaps when all this is over, I will be able to settle and have a family. I hope.
Dobby: Of all the lecherous and deceitful men out there who are fathers you'd be a godsend. But I suppose that's how it is, the good ones are too busy for it and the louts have nothing better to do. In any case, if you ever think it's time, make sure I get the first crack!
Connor: Hmm, I promise.

EmptyCrustacean
03-21-2015, 02:42 PM
One of the tavern scenes when you get to talk to her, form wikia.

Connor: Hello, Dobby.
Dobby: Connor. You look well.
Connor: I have been better.
Dobby: Do you ever sleep? I really don't know how you do it.
Connor: I try not to think about it.
Dobby: A strong man, stronger than any I've ever met. How is it a man like you has no wife?
Connor: I do not have the time to give a woman what she deserves. Perhaps when all this is over, I will be able to settle and have a family. I hope.
Dobby: Of all the lecherous and deceitful men out there who are fathers you'd be a godsend. But I suppose that's how it is, the good ones are too busy for it and the louts have nothing better to do. In any case, if you ever think it's time, make sure I get the first crack!
Connor: Hmm, I promise.

Yes, people have quoted that many times and yet I never encountered that conversation during my gameplay and I have not seen one YouTube video of that Tavern interaction leading me to think it's fangirl fiction best suited to a Tumblr page.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-21-2015, 02:52 PM
Yes, people have quoted that many times and yet I never encountered that conversation during my gameplay and I have not seen one YouTube video of that Tavern interaction leading me to think it's fangirl fiction best suited to a Tumblr page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF7z2JsgMj0

@ 52:22

It's not that hard to get that conversation really. You just talk to her in a tavern after she's been recruited, as well as the other recruits.

I doubt the fangirls asked Ubisoft to add this dialogue to the game :rolleyes:

M3gaToxic
03-21-2015, 03:11 PM
Nope I heard the same thing when I spoke to her.

SixKeys
03-21-2015, 03:38 PM
I'm so glad they didn't force Connor and Aveline together. There's already way too many crazy coincidences in the AC universe. We can't just have a random character decide to become an assassin anymore, noooo, it was their destiny because their great-great-great-grandfather was in fact the legendary so-and-so, and their father was killed by this-and-that who appeared in another game, and hey, here's a random cameo from a character who really has no reason to be in this time and place in history, but we put him there anyway, because everything is so connected, y'all.

EmptyCrustacean
03-21-2015, 03:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF7z2JsgMj0

@ 52:22

It's not that hard to get that conversation really. You just talk to her in a tavern after she's been recruited, as well as the other recruits.

I doubt the fangirls asked Ubisoft to add this dialogue to the game :rolleyes:

Thank you for that! I once spent up to half-an-hour searching for that clip and never found it.

Namikaze_17
03-21-2015, 05:32 PM
We can't just have a random character decide to become an assassin anymore

Edward & Adéwalé

Xstantin
03-21-2015, 05:36 PM
Edward & Adéwalé

Was Edward random though?

SixKeys
03-21-2015, 05:56 PM
Edward & Adéwalé

in the AC4 novel Edward's father was killed by Templars, so he had ties to the conflict even if he didn't know it. Adewale was Edward's first mate, so he got his own DLC because of that and then in Rogue they just marched them all out like some checklist.

Namikaze_17
03-21-2015, 06:06 PM
Was Edward random though?

Without his ties to Haytham & Connor, I would believe so.

But he was pretty random anyway. At least I thought he was...

in the AC4 novel Edward's father was killed by Templars, so he had ties to the conflict even if he didn't know it. Adewale was Edward's first mate, so he got his own DLC because of that and then in Rogue they just marched them all out like some checklist.

I dislike that novel a bit for it takes away from Edward's story actually being different from the others, but I suppose you're right.

Same for Adé.

Farlander1991
03-21-2015, 06:36 PM
I dislike that novel a bit for it takes away from Edward's story actually being different from the others, but I suppose you're right.

Yeah, when I heard that Edward was connected with the AvT conflict long before the events of the game, I was like, 'WTF?!', because the point of the game's narrative is that he's an absolute outsider with no previous ties. Luckily, no heresy from the novel is alluded to in the game, and the game works perfectly as a stand-alone story, so there's that.

Assassin_M
03-21-2015, 06:41 PM
Yeah, when I heard that Edward was connected with the AvT conflict long before the events of the game, I was like, 'WTF?!', because the point of the game's narrative is that he's an absolute outsider with no previous ties. Luckily, no heresy from the novel is alluded to in the game, and the game works perfectly as a stand-alone story, so there's that.
What novel? No novel for AC IV ever happened, you.

pirate1802
03-21-2015, 07:19 PM
Yeah, I've never heard about that novel as well. And now that I've heard what it does to Eddy's legacy I'll forget it ever exists.

M3gaToxic
03-21-2015, 08:39 PM
I'm so glad they didn't force Connor and Aveline together..

:(:nonchalance:

SixKeys
03-21-2015, 10:42 PM

Technically they do allude to the novel in the game. In one of the hacked Abstergo files in MD you find an extract from the first chapter of the novel. I think it mostly just talks about Caroline though.

Farlander1991
03-21-2015, 10:52 PM
Technically they do allude to the novel in the game. In one of the hacked Abstergo files in MD you find an extract from the first chapter of the novel. I think it mostly just talks about Caroline though.

Well, I'm alright with that, cause the part where he meets Caroline is not heresy :p :D

AdrianJacek
04-15-2015, 03:50 PM
What novel? No novel for AC IV ever happened, you.
What, you didn't like it? Not even the pre-IV part?