PDA

View Full Version : Please Ubisoft make a beautiful PC port like Rogue...

Defalt221
03-20-2015, 11:17 AM
Rogue was shockingly smooth. I didn't believe it at first. But the port is so optimized I thought Ubisoft was pulling a prank on us....
Kiev did a great job. Sadly I don't want it to be their last great work. We're counting on you Kiev!!! Impress us.

playlisting
03-20-2015, 05:04 PM
They seem to do well sometimes and badly other times which is really a pain in the ***. There doesn't seem to be any consistency with their work. I suppose given enough time they can produce something like Rogue but if they're rushed then the game most assuredly suffers for it. They should really be given plenty of time to optimise because Rogue proves their potential.

Frag_Maniac
03-21-2015, 12:10 AM
I used to think this port was brilliant performance wise compared to AC IV, but then I noticed they've gone to doing the same thing with AnvilNext they did with Dunia 2 in Far Cry 4. They're micro pixelating textures of certain objects as part of LOD balancing for smoother performance, and it IS noticeable.

Some may notice these visual tradeoffs, others may not, but rest assured, it's not really an added performance boost when they dumb down visuals to improve FPS. It's more like robbing Peter to pay Paul.

jeffies04
03-21-2015, 03:46 AM
They DID do a great job, but they also only had to port a last-gen game to PC. I loved the game, and it was beautiful for what it was, but it was just a last-gen port. The differences are noticeably there, excusable (in my opinion), but there.

Frag_Maniac
03-21-2015, 11:07 PM
I'm not saying many won't prefer the smoother gameplay, at least on low to moderate spec anyway, but I would think those on higher end spec would be taken out of immersion by seeing trees and such pixealting, especially if they have spec powerful enough to easily max the game.

That's the way Ubi handles PC graphics anymore though. They seem to pay no attention to real scaling hardware wise. If they're not intentionally sabotaging PC graphics for platform parity, they're subjecting players with high end spec to the same visual tradeoffs they employ to boost performance for weaker spec.

It's not an ethical way of coding. It's hurting their reputation, and it should.