PDA

View Full Version : Bn'Z Tactics -help!

Oso2323
01-10-2004, 09:12 AM
Here's a question - I get the whole idea of maintaining your energy, diving, attacking and then climbing away, but here's something I seem to have problems with: turning to face your opponent at the top of the climb.

It seems that if I keep my energy up, my opponent has time to position himself to face the next attack (particularly if his plane is reasonably competitive). If I turn quickly and cach my enemy unawares, I lose my energy advantage. Suggestions?

BTW, I usually fly bf109f4 and G2's.

Oso2323
01-10-2004, 09:12 AM
Here's a question - I get the whole idea of maintaining your energy, diving, attacking and then climbing away, but here's something I seem to have problems with: turning to face your opponent at the top of the climb.

It seems that if I keep my energy up, my opponent has time to position himself to face the next attack (particularly if his plane is reasonably competitive). If I turn quickly and cach my enemy unawares, I lose my energy advantage. Suggestions?

BTW, I usually fly bf109f4 and G2's.

StellarRat
01-10-2004, 11:17 AM
B and Z is a patience game. Sounds to me like you aren't quite high enough when you begin your attack in the first place, so you don't have enough speed or altitude advantage when you are done with the first pass. You should be at LEAST 2000 higher than your enemy. Also you need to be well past their horizontal position when you begin your dive. Don't try to attack if you have to dive straight down. 45 to 20 degrees of nose down when making your run works best. When you're done you can pull nearly straight up and use a vertical loop at the top to help position yourself for the next attack. If you're attacking and then pulling up and turning horizontally to reposition you are going to lose a lot of energy after the first pass.

[This message was edited by StellarRat on Sat January 10 2004 at 10:26 AM.]