PDA

View Full Version : Dev Update: Public Single Lane Multiplayer

RoguishRonin
03-18-2015, 03:50 PM
http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-US/game/du4-news_196476.jpg

A couple of weeks ago I was lucky to be able to announce Ninja Track Feeds (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1020002-Dev-Update-Ninja-Track-Feeds) coming to Track Central. While Ninja Track Feeds will likely end up helping all users of Track Central, these feeds are not the only changes coming to Trials Fusion.

Today I get to let you all know about another highly requested feature; Single Lane Tracks in Public Matchmaking.

We recently dropped a wide selection of Single Player tracks into Private Online games, and while that’s been fun for a lot of players, others have strongly urged us to put these same tracks into the Public Matchmaking system. Well, let me just go ahead and say that this is happening.

http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-US/game/trials/portal/DU4-screen_196517.jpg

When the new update rolls out for players, there will be some notable changes to how Public MP works. What you will likely notice first will show up when you have found a match and the Track Voting screen pops up. In addition to the two X-Supercross tracks that are currently shown, a third single lane option to the far right will also be available. While single lane tracks will be a voting option in most races the last track played in Public MP session will always be an X-Supercross track. Put simply, we use the podium for the results display, so it’s gotta be there.

This isn’t a “Hardcore Trials” mode, the 18 tracks being added to public matchmaking with this feature update are middle tier difficulty tracks from the Single Player career. Stay tuned for news on harder tracks in public matchmaking.

When do these tracks come to Public Online MP? They’ll be there as soon as the next update.

-Shifty

VEGASTRASH
03-19-2015, 06:23 PM
Will ghost opacity be addressed in this update? Playing with 8 ghosts has been rough...especially on technical tracks.

Will Hardcore be in this next update?

Are Uplay Xcross tracks ever being implemented into the public queue?

BlueBadger400
03-19-2015, 08:04 PM
Will ghost opacity be addressed in this update?

No news on that at the moment. We are definitely working on a fix, no schedule yet.

Will Hardcore be in this next update?

Nope

Are Uplay Xcross tracks ever being implemented into the public queue?

No news about this either, sorry.

Retribution
03-19-2015, 08:33 PM
Well that is good news. Lookin forward to getting back onto MP. So it will be only medium tier, no easy or extremes? I guess that's one way to balance it lol.

But seriously, do us a solid and consider hardcore mode for the next update. Also, i think it should be 1 XSX per poll and 2 SP tracks, im pretty sure the majority will pick SP 95% of the time regardless unless of course your name is SuperTaman. :D

Hairy Cabbage
03-19-2015, 11:03 PM
This releasing before or after the final Dlc? I assume that will be in the next week or so since the achievements are up.

IxKILLxZOMBIES
03-20-2015, 02:58 AM
Good new can't wait till I get an xbox1 if I do(most probably will) but would have liked it to stand alone as I NEVER want to play super cross but oh well better than nothing.

And I know most forum regulars will know but you should say it won't be on 360 in the OP in case it causes some confusion :)

Tomahog UK
03-20-2015, 07:10 PM
This is great news although i would also like a hardcore mode. But at least this way there not splitting the online population because everybody will be playing the same mode.

IxKILLxZOMBIES
03-20-2015, 10:27 PM
But at least this way there not splitting the online population because everybody will be playing the same mode.

Good point and I'm sure when hardcore comes it won't have super cross :D

Smilies2013
03-22-2015, 04:52 PM
Single lane MP....nice idea but a bit late.
There is hardly anyone doing MP on PC at the moment.
Some stopped Trials Fusion others just went to xb1 or ps4.
Maybe good idea to stream on PC once in a while, it is always ps4 or xb1

IImayneII
03-22-2015, 05:57 PM
Maybe good idea to stream on PC once in a while, it is always ps4 or xb1

Sadly, I have to agree. PC doesn't seem to get much attention on streams wich is a shame because there are more than enough people playing on PC watching the stream to get a full lobby. Only time when I see a PC stream it's either checking a track when there is a RL competition (and after that move to console) or related to beta features when it's not possible to show them on console.

Shame really. And I know, TC isn't that filled with good tracks on PC, but once in a while a stream dedicated to PC would be nice. Featuring the uplay recommended tracks on PC once in a while and some online games after that shouldn't be too big of a problem. Doesn't even have to be a whole PC stream.

But at this point I gave up on hoping for PC streams to be honest. Since it's basically non-existant.

To add some feedback on single lane mp. It's a nice addition. I'm happy to finally see more tracks added because there really isn't enough variation in public matchmaking. Specially for more skilled players the current xstracks (and amount of them) just makes mp boring after a while. I still hope community XStracks will be added someday too, to add replayability. But seeing how they maybe lasted one week in the tournaments I doubt that will ever happen

TheRealTeeHill
03-23-2015, 11:29 AM
I too wish there were more PC streams, it does nothing to promote or increase PC player base by not featuring it!

Hopefully this update comes soon, been playing a fair bit of Public MP recently and an addition of tracks in the rotation will be most appreciated.

aMcConghie16
03-24-2015, 05:21 AM
It would be an epic surprise if 360 was able to have SL MP

BeardinUSA
03-24-2015, 10:53 AM
Ugh all I want is to race hards/extremes online.

Nice that single lane is going public... but sadly still not interested. I need me some hardcore trials mode.