PDA

View Full Version : How much would you say Rogue is worth?

SixKeys
03-18-2015, 11:48 AM
I intend to get Rogue at some point, but I'm not in a hurry and 60 bucks for a smaller Black Flag clone is too steep for me. I plan to wait for a Steam sale. Those of you who have played it, how much would you say it's worth?

siralex1986
03-18-2015, 02:45 PM
Well, I'm at 90% sync and I'm really enjoying it.

Sure, most areas are taken from old games, but not Black Flag only(AC III, Unity...): naval combat is always funny(well, if you liked it in BF, ofc)and the story overall is interesting, it fills many plot holes left from Unity or the Kenway's saga.

Add to this a good character(Shay>Arno, and I liked that French guy), a new storyline point of view, a decent graphics, tons of collectibles, a perfect PC port(can you believe it???), being hunted by Assassins and you'll see while playing that Rogue is actually Rogue, not Black Flag II as most are saying just because there's the same naval system.

The only huge, very disturbing downside is that Rogue can really make you notice how things have changed and improved with Unity, in terms of graphics, parkour, combat....controlling Shay is miles away from controlling Arno and the combat is again MEH, with you killing enemies just staring at them.
That's why we should have had the chance to play Rogue before Unity as console players had.

But anyway, is a very good game, you should definitely give it a try!

Gezesh_Rahl
03-18-2015, 04:01 PM
I would place a 30$ price tag. The storyline is very short(you can finish it in about 5 hours). Though i loved it.
I dunno why Ubi created those large territories in game. They are beautifully done, but almost none of them are actually used in story. You will visit them only if you're after the collectibles(and there are a lot). Overall it feels like a DLC to both AC3 and ACBF. Like Freedom Cry, just twice the size.

siralex1986
03-18-2015, 04:22 PM
I would place a 30$ price tag. The storyline is very short(you can finish it in about 5 hours). Though i loved it.
I dunno why Ubi created those large territories in game. They are beautifully done, but almost none of them are actually used in story. You will visit them only if you're after the collectibles(and there are a lot). Overall it feels like a DLC to both AC3 and ACBF. Like Freedom Cry, just twice the size.

Large territories full of collectibles are probably created to make the game lasting as long as the others even with a shorter main story or no side quests in Unity-style.

Considering I'm trying to finish the game at 100%, I can say it's lasting a good amount of hours(around 30 so far), but most of them are roaming for collectibles and equipment...

But also, while the story is short, it feels ironically less rushed than Unity's one, it feels a bit more complete!

ACE7492
03-18-2015, 04:34 PM
I had no problem paying full price for it because its a full game. Like someone said its a bit short on story but very interesting, with lots of stuff to keep you busy. If you like the series as more than a casual fan I would recommend you get it even at full price. It takes a lot of the tested and tried methods from 3 and 4 and implements them with a few new ideas to make it feel a little new.

strigoi1958
03-18-2015, 05:38 PM
I had no problem paying full price for it because its a full game. Like someone said its a bit short on story but very interesting, with lots of stuff to keep you busy. If you like the series as more than a casual fan I would recommend you get it even at full price. It takes a lot of the tested and tried methods from 3 and 4 and implements them with a few new ideas to make it feel a little new.

+1

I am really enjoying Rogue it is great, maybe because it reminds me of AC4 or probably be cause it really is very enjoyable. I paid 18 for it in a sale ($26 approx) but having started I can say I would happily have paid full price 40 ($60) it is worth it to me.. If you play it twice for 60 hours it's a dollar an hour... cheap entertainment... but you can find it cheaper.. just avoid G2a

saschia_009
03-18-2015, 07:39 PM
I got the game in the xbox version and played on a borrowed xbox and sold it after, where I rushed to see the main story (OK, with some hacking in modern time) and it took me several days to finish it, although really just like 40% or so. Now I am waiting for my voucher for 20% off, but if I didn't have enough uplay points to get it with, I would buy the digital deluxe for full price. These games may seem pricey (especially if compared to android 2-buck games), but I get my money worth of playing and re-playing it. I have tight budget (and not so much time for gaming), so I only buy AC games and no merch, but I am satisfied with what I get.

SixKeys
03-18-2015, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the responses, everyone. I'm sure it's a good game, I've just had my fill of naval gameplay with Black Flag and Freedom Cry, so that's why I don't feel like paying full price for another naval game.

IcarusLSC
03-18-2015, 11:59 PM
I would save your money until Ubi starts to release bug fixes for their existing games instead that work. You will run into the same thing if not.

saschia_009
03-19-2015, 12:08 AM
Well ubi releases patches for existing games, they work, and it is completely different team anyway. So the only valid argument against now is the naval gameplay that not all enjoy enough to value the game above possible future sale prices.

Alphacos007
03-19-2015, 12:15 AM
It costs 50 bucks on steam, not 60. At least on europe, and the prices on europe are 99% of the time the same of the US, just with the different currency. Anyways, if you don't really like the naval, then leave it for later I guess, wait for a sale. I would say it's totally worth the 50 that I paid for it.

Anykeyer
03-19-2015, 09:04 AM
I'd say it should be $40. For the lack of any MP and outdated engine.
Game is surprisingly good. Its better than Black Flag and much much much better than Unity, in Rogue they tweaked or removed all stupid annoyances of BF, improved locations design from gameplay pov (I really like how they made land in River Valley and how outposts give you so many options). Missions are good, 100% sync constraints make sense (unlike Unity bs). And its not a small game too, I spent more than 30h to get 100%. And that time was filled with more varied activities than sailing between endless copypasted BF islands.

IcarusLSC
03-19-2015, 10:44 AM
Well ubi releases patches for existing games, they work, and it is completely different team anyway. So the only valid argument against now is the naval gameplay that not all enjoy enough to value the game above possible future sale prices.

How do you figure the game patches released make them work? FaryCry 4 is now unplayable due to flashing issues form the new patch and ACU has always been mostly unplayable due to similar flashing and stuttering etc.

saschia_009
03-19-2015, 12:19 PM
well, I'm replaying the Unity now for the fourth time, tons of people play everyday (if they are not playing Rogue) so yes, the patch works and the problem is on the side of user's untypical PC configurations and so... so saying don't buy one game because another game does not work for some people is not a good advice.

IcarusLSC
03-19-2015, 01:09 PM
Yes it not typical for a gamer to buy average video cards for his system and expect to play somewhat normally??!! (Where are you people coming from on this forum?!)

saschia_009
03-19-2015, 01:16 PM
Your signature says "2x Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming-4GD in SLI" SLI is a problem, not typical confuguration and not the fault of UBI. I have GTX 760, that's and average card IMO

Alphacos007
03-19-2015, 03:02 PM
I have to agree with saschia that SLI is not a typical configuration at all. Still, it shouldn't give you problems, but unfortunately does. Unity also has problems with SLI.

saschia_009
03-19-2015, 03:11 PM
well according to other threads, SLI problem requires a patch of the driver, not the game...

Bobz55
03-28-2015, 02:20 PM
Well enjoying the game so far but there seems to be Uplay bugs plaguing my game. Uplay actions not giving me upoints and the rewards such as the katanas are not unlocked for me in game when I already bought them in Uplay..