PDA

View Full Version : Hungarian campaign

CountFunk
02-22-2004, 06:52 AM
Hello all... My first post...

I've started a Hungarian campaign in FB, and I have a few questions:

1) How and where the Hungarians marked victories on their aircraft? I assume it was similar to the German fashion, but a search of the internet didn't reveal anything definitive.

2) I'm curious if the existing campaigns, espcially the German and Hungarian campaigns in 1944 - 1945, will be modified to incorporate the new aircraft available, especially (obviously) B-17s, when the ACES expansion comes out. Will it be necessary to start "new" dynamic campaigns, or will campaigns already in progress be modified (or whatever)?

Thanks!
CF

CountFunk
02-22-2004, 06:52 AM
Hello all... My first post...

I've started a Hungarian campaign in FB, and I have a few questions:

1) How and where the Hungarians marked victories on their aircraft? I assume it was similar to the German fashion, but a search of the internet didn't reveal anything definitive.

2) I'm curious if the existing campaigns, espcially the German and Hungarian campaigns in 1944 - 1945, will be modified to incorporate the new aircraft available, especially (obviously) B-17s, when the ACES expansion comes out. Will it be necessary to start "new" dynamic campaigns, or will campaigns already in progress be modified (or whatever)?

Thanks!
CF

SUPERAEREO
02-22-2004, 08:20 AM
AFAIK it was VERY rare for Hungarian fighters to carry kill markings.

I can think of Lt. LĂ szlo DĂ niel's Bf.109 G-6 which carried five kill markings in white on the fin, similar to the little bars used by the Germans, but with tiny plan views of the downed planes on top of them.

But as I said it was very rare of Hungarian pilots to have such markings on their aircraft.

S!