PDA

View Full Version : CRC-Error in data2.cab, pls help me!

XyZspineZyX
12-25-2003, 05:18 PM
Hi everybody. Everytime i want to install the game it says something about a crc-error in data2.cab. I tried to copy the files to my harddrive with isobuster, unfortunately it didn't work. I also tried to install it with an imagefile (daemontools) of my cd, this didn't work either... Could somebody help me or had the same problem?

Message Edited on 12/25/0304:48PM by timbo88

XyZspineZyX
12-25-2003, 05:18 PM
Hi everybody. Everytime i want to install the game it says something about a crc-error in data2.cab. I tried to copy the files to my harddrive with isobuster, unfortunately it didn't work. I also tried to install it with an imagefile (daemontools) of my cd, this didn't work either... Could somebody help me or had the same problem?

Message Edited on 12/25/0304:48PM by timbo88

XyZspineZyX
12-25-2003, 10:41 PM
A CRC(cyclic redundancy checking) error would mean that you can't install it. Either you've downloaded it badly (and you need to take your problem elsewhere) or it could be a problem with...

1.Your CD drive (some are fussy reading particular types of sectors - try it in another drive)
2.Your hard drive (try defragmenting, scandisking, antivirus checking)
3.Your CD image (you explained about copying with ISObuster, and daemon tools. If you've downloaded this game, talking about this is not welcome here)

--------------------
XP2100+/RadeonSE9200. Does the job!
--------------------
Looking for a copy of POP 3d in Australia. PM me!
--------------------

XyZspineZyX
12-25-2003, 10:44 PM
1. I tried it in 4 different drives at 3 different PCs, it doesn't work...
2. My harddrive should be all right, see number one
3. I've got an original of POP, but when it did not work i tried out this way, but it didn't work either.... http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

XyZspineZyX
12-29-2003, 02:20 AM
There's no a way a CRC failed disc could have been shipped, I also refuse to believe it could be damaged while in the box, either you scratched it or you are lying, I would suspect lying since you talk about Daemontools/ISOBuster -- absolutely no reason to use such tools if you own legit copies.

XyZspineZyX
12-29-2003, 06:08 PM
Well, there are some scratches on the CD... Do you mean it could be the reason? Anyway, i'll go back to the store and get a new one...

Thx for your help

XyZspineZyX
12-30-2003, 01:43 AM
got the same problem.
3 diff. cd's on 2 systems.
helpdesk in holland said there's been a production failure

XyZspineZyX
12-30-2003, 01:46 AM
I'm living in germany, it might be the same version (eu?)...???