PDA

View Full Version : New and need some info

XyZspineZyX
11-09-2003, 07:40 AM
Hello
Just got the game afew days ago and am having a blast!!However am having some difficulties in figuring out some of the controls....how do I padlock enemys and is there some type of indicator to help find where they are?....how do I use the load and save functions within the game....are they used in order to speed up the loading time when playing the same quick mission?...... have noticed on the control keys refernce chart an user defined key for Quick Start/Save Track....how is this used?
thanks for any feedback

XyZspineZyX
11-09-2003, 07:40 AM
Hello
Just got the game afew days ago and am having a blast!!However am having some difficulties in figuring out some of the controls....how do I padlock enemys and is there some type of indicator to help find where they are?....how do I use the load and save functions within the game....are they used in order to speed up the loading time when playing the same quick mission?...... have noticed on the control keys refernce chart an user defined key for Quick Start/Save Track....how is this used?
thanks for any feedback

XyZspineZyX
11-09-2003, 08:00 AM
Hi! There is "Padlock Enemy"-control, in controls, so you have to just bind the key for it, and in battle you see a triangle appearing around closest enemy. (notice that you have to be quite close to your enemy, I don't know the exact range of it, 1500m-2000m I guess..)

Yes, you guessed right about load/save functions.

The Quick Start/Save Track is just for quickly starting to save track. After you have pressed it once, you have started to save track, and when you press it again, track recording stops...

Ps. Sorry for my Enlgish, I'm Finnish, so English wasn't my first language... =)

XyZspineZyX
11-09-2003, 08:07 AM
BerrDawg, Welcome.

F4 is the enemy padlock key. To use it you need to have a visual on the a/c.

Load and Save (I'm assuming your in the Quick Mission Builder) 'Load' loads a mission you've already set up and 'Save' will save the setup on the screen.

To user define controls click 'Controls' on the first GUI after startup. Find the enrty for Quick Start/Save Track and left click the area just to the right. Press the key(s) you wish to use. Hit 'Apply' and you're done.

Many of these questions can be answered in the .pdf manual found in the folder "Manual' on disk 2.

Also check out this site:

http://www.mudmovers.com/sturmovik_101/FAQ.htm

Browse the site. It's full of great info and treats.

Good hunting!

<center>Beebop-ProudBirds-VFW<center>http://www.uploadit.org/files/230903-Beebop%20Sig.jpg