PDA

View Full Version : This game has been mostly unplayable for me since it came out, please fix!

IcarusLSC
03-16-2015, 11:50 AM
I have been unable to play the game due to stuttering and flickering badly of the game since it came out. I built an SLI system to take advantage of the high graphics and to max games I play with my high resolution monitor. I don't want to play with one card as that is not what I built, nor will one max out the games I play, and this game supposedly supports SLI (though it is looking doubtful now that is actually true.) I am not into screwing with many settings or files to get a game to play correctly, nor is it needed.

I could see issues the first few weeks, or first month maybe with a game but it has been out for almost 5 MONTHS now and it hasn't been fixed even somewhat, even after so many updates and patches!

If you don't want to listen to us via support (as I have put in a couple tickets now), we will make it heard with out wallets. I am done as of now with Ubi games due to these major issues, and now a broken Far Cry 4 game due to last patch. Fix it right and asap if you wish to keep a very hesitant customer as I have lost faith in Ubi being able to do so now...

iiNN3X
03-16-2015, 04:25 PM
You are not the first my friend, and until people follow and stop buying future products from Ubi, they will just continue doing what they are doing now and that is releasing half arsed 'finished' games.

IcarusLSC
03-16-2015, 04:50 PM
Aiy, I know I'm not the first, and really wish people would not pre-order games as they are unproven also. So many instances of companies (not just Ubi) releasing messes and people still do it...

I wish Ubi etc would stop the DLC stuff and focus on fixing these major issues, then work on DLC stuff...

strigoi1958
03-16-2015, 06:32 PM
SLI is a geforce problem NOT a Ubi or any other game makers problem... every time a patch for the game is released it is up to Geforce to release a driver with an SLI update.. SLI is problematic and not cost effective and you have to wait till months after everyone has finished a game before drivers make it playable for SLI.

Check out the geforce forums and you'll see nothing but problems for SLI... even Nvidia do not care.

By the time Nvidia drivers fix Unity SLI everyone else will have finished Rogue and GTAV

ecocrash
03-16-2015, 07:56 PM
SLI is a geforce problem NOT a Ubi or any other game makers problem... every time a patch for the game is released it is up to Geforce to release a driver with an SLI update.. SLI is problematic and not cost effective and you have to wait till months after everyone has finished a game before drivers make it playable for SLI.

Check out the geforce forums and you'll see nothing but problems for SLI... even Nvidia do not care.

By the time Nvidia drivers fix Unity SLI everyone else will have finished Rogue and GTAV

There is a major issue with performance, flashing/flickering, and LOD with Crossfire, I think its outrageous these companies can sell the idea of dual cards , etc without really offering the performance they make claims for. I still think however, unlike you, ACU is still not fully optimised for AMD cards and that more needs to be done

strigoi1958
03-16-2015, 09:02 PM
The game runs perfectly well for the average gamer....

Where problems are still arising it is alway due to what someone feels they are entitled...

If I put 10 HD monitors side by side, and demanded Ubi make a resolution of 19200 x 1080... Ubi would say ...we make the game to our design not yours. But people spend money on SLI and feel a gaming company should make sure that Nvidia or AMD hardware works for them... that is not their problem.

same with LOD or FPS, as soon as someone has spent money on their PC they think it entitles them to something more... the game is made, finished. It does not come with any better LOD than it has and most gamers do not worry about it... it is just some think they are entitled because they think their PC is not being "maxxed" same with FPS people have an unrealistic figure in their heads of what they think the game should produce on their machine and if it is less they start saying the game is broken.....

There are solutions for flickering but that subject must be buried now because the game is old and so is the subject...

I--Skeptik--I
03-16-2015, 10:43 PM
SLI and texture/shadow flickering go hand-in-hand. :) Try disabling SLI and that will probably resolve your texture/shadow flickering problem. :)

Also, I've read that Ubi doesn't even fully know how to manipulate their engine that they built for this game, so I can see how that would make it harder to fix major issues. IMO Rogue is 10x better than Unity ever could be. Then again AC:BF is my favorite AC title, so it's right up my alley.

Unity was just a test, or catalyst for their bigger release....Victory which is due out at the end of 2015. Unity was nothing more than a prolonged beta test for us, the public. They are going to take what they learned from Unity and apply it to Victory. No one had high hopes for Unity (at Ubi), like I said...it was just a test.

ecocrash
03-17-2015, 01:28 PM
SLI and texture/shadow flickering go hand-in-hand. :) Try disabling SLI and that will probably resolve your texture/shadow flickering problem. :)

Also, I've read that Ubi doesn't even fully know how to manipulate their engine that they built for this game, so I can see how that would make it harder to fix major issues. IMO Rogue is 10x better than Unity ever could be. Then again AC:BF is my favorite AC title, so it's right up my alley.

Unity was just a test, or catalyst for their bigger release....Victory which is due out at the end of 2015. Unity was nothing more than a prolonged beta test for us, the public. They are going to take what they learned from Unity and apply it to Victory. No one had high hopes for Unity (at Ubi), like I said...it was just a test.

A 40 pounds test!

@stringoi, ACU is not even six months old, stop being an Ubi apologist

strigoi1958
03-17-2015, 03:38 PM
A 40 pounds test!

@stringoi, ACU is not even six months old, stop being an Ubi apologist

I've played over 600 hours and that is old, there are not many in co-op now, most people are playing Rogue....

Ubi apologist ? thanks for the compliment, when you stoop to personal attacks it means you cannot find a rational answer and the knee jerk reaction is always an attempt to devalue the winning sides debate by trying to devalue that side.

ACE7492
03-18-2015, 02:55 AM
Maybe it's the fact it is not only SLI. Strigoi 1958 has made it clear that SLI is a NVidia problem and I will agree to that. But how about people falling from the sky, or getting stuck in a wall twice on the day after they released patch 5, or a borderless window mode that isn't functioning right. The only person I can speak for is me, but I don't feel "entitled" to anything when I buy a game except that the game works. Unity, for many, but not everyone, didn't work, it was riddled with problems and although they have fixed many of them, they haven't got them all. They(Ubisoft)feel the same as me about their game or they would not have made a public apology on this very forum, given away free games, and a DLC.

I don't think apologist is the right word, but I think every consumer should hold them to standard they created before Unity. I have read lots of posts on this forum from many of the more vocal people who have lots of great things to say about almost every game in the AC series, fans of the previous games can probably think back to some of their favorites in the series an not remember any of those having such a bad launch as Unity. Rogue was just released and played well with SLI, so maybe its the new engine, maybe they are still learning, but if they are I don't want to take part in any more full price BETA testing.

strigoi1958
03-18-2015, 07:33 AM
No game gets released 100% perfect and there are games 10 years old with imperfections... it just depends on what we consider significant or insignificant....

Ubi are meeting the standard they have created before.... AC4 Black Flag is a fantastic game and had far far far more bugs and glitches than Unity... search the old forum threads.... the threats of class action law suits and guys saying they cried themselves to sleep for nights were all over this forum... same with ac3. But ACBF had so many there were threads with pictures of people falling though ships, from the sky, water skiing in mid air and "the Flying Dutchman"... most people just had a laugh... some threaten to invoke satan to smite Ubi...

we all fit in there somewhere... it just depends which side.... we either except that games have bugs and although not as we would have hoped but the good outweighs the bad... or we can say it is broken because of an obsession over a detail... when it is not really broken.

These are just games... they exceed most peoples expectations, but some people expect a lot more... and in doing so, they get less enjoyment from a game.

IcarusLSC
03-18-2015, 12:31 PM
I understand games are not always going to be 100%, but they need to be playable at least. Which at present and for my system has been almost never since ACU came out. I don't care if you have 6 million hours in on it as I can't get a straight hour in without issues. It is just as much the game developer as Nvidia, and they should work together if they are going to use each others stuff you'd think?! I won't buy Ubi stuff anymore due to this now and the lack of response to their tickets and support...

I built this system to max out the games I play at the resolutions I have and it should be plenty able to do that, why should I compromise that much for a game that supports SLI but doesn't work with it? That is their problem, not mine and I won't spend money with them if they do nothing about it plain and simple. If I bought a car that did 200mph and it stuttered and popped for part of it, guess what, it'd be in the shop or returned and I'd hold the company that built it responsible!

YazX_
03-18-2015, 02:47 PM
I understand games are not always going to be 100%, but they need to be playable at least. Which at present and for my system has been almost never since ACU came out. I don't care if you have 6 million hours in on it as I can't get a straight hour in without issues. It is just as much the game developer as Nvidia, and they should work together if they are going to use each others stuff you'd think?! I won't buy Ubi stuff anymore due to this now and the lack of response to their tickets and support...

I built this system to max out the games I play at the resolutions I have and it should be plenty able to do that, why should I compromise that much for a game that supports SLI but doesn't work with it? That is their problem, not mine and I won't spend money with them if they do nothing about it plain and simple. If I bought a car that did 200mph and it stuttered and popped for part of it, guess what, it'd be in the shop or returned and I'd hold the company that built it responsible!

As said before, SLI is not Ubisoft problem nor its their task to optimize, they add support to SLI and then Nvidia should release a proper optimized profile, if a game patch broke SLI profile then Nvidia should release an updated profile and so on, you should post this on Geforce SLI board since its the appropriate place for this issue.

Gezesh_Rahl
03-18-2015, 03:51 PM
It's funny for you to place all the blame on Nvidia. It's like you've never teamed up to release a perfect game.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/887986-Ubisoft%C2%AE-and-Nvidia-team-up-on-the-new-forthcoming-Ubisoft-Titles!-Forums

ACE7492
03-18-2015, 04:27 PM
I am not saying any gamer out there should expect to see any game come out and be perfect. That scenario does not and will not ever exist because too many people have a different idea of perfection. I will never ask for perfection. I will ask for testing. If Black Flag and AC3 had troubles at launch and they didn't learn from that experience and released Unity the way they did, I feel I have even more reason to hold them accountable.

I do not know anyone in my day to day life who has a job where they can do a task 3 times and make it worse each time and get praised for it. It does nothing more than make a case for more testing before these games are released to the public so a deadline can be met. I can only speak for myself, but I would rather wait longer for higher quality. Unity was an advancement in graphics, there is no doubt, but a step backwards in a lot of other ways.

They just released Rogue too, and it does seem like it was a better release than Unity, so maybe they are learning. I like the game series so I actually am hoping they get it right with Victory, I am not rooting against them.

strigoi1958
03-18-2015, 05:56 PM
Well... Ubi's trouble is... ( and you hit the nail on the head ) deadlines..... it is not the devs or the QA who set them... it is a combination of external things.... like a launch in time for an event, or holiday (christmas or to coincide with a console bundle sale).

Unity is a HUGE step forward, not just with the enormous number of NPC's which are brilliant on their own, but things like the lack of loading screens to enter/ exit a building and they are multiple buildings with multiple entry points... The level of detail on, and in the buildings is great and the city is reproduced fantastically...and even the sounds... people probably do not notice the change footsteps have when running across different surfaces or roofs

There are thousands of incredible things and even before they fixed any of the bugs.... the good things completely dominated the bad things.. it is not enough to put Unity in my Favoourites but I can see the potential for future games...

Maybe it is because I am old and I can see how much we have progressed since "ASTEROIDS" and "PACMAN" and I can appreciate the hard work that goes into entertaining me... but I can overlook small things and still enjoy a game.

YazX_
03-18-2015, 06:15 PM
It's funny for you to place all the blame on Nvidia. It's like you've never teamed up to release a perfect game.
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/887986-Ubisoft®-and-Nvidia-team-up-on-the-new-forthcoming-Ubisoft-Titles!-Forums

first i dont work for Ubisoft, so i dont have anything to gain by blaming Nvidia, second i owned SLI for the past 8 years and recently dumped it for the poor Nvidia support in most games, SLI used to be great and Nvidia support used to be excellent, recently Nvidia dropped the ball on SLI, you either have to hunt for SLI bits so no profile is there or the profile is really bad and you wait months to get a proper one.

second, Nvidia approaches Developers and gaming companies to incorporate their tech into their games, its not like Ubisoft are running after Nvidia to use their tech because no Dev or gaming company would like to extend time and work to put third party technologies into their games for free.

so again and again, SLI, crossfire,...... all of these techs from Nvidia/AMD should be optimized from both and not from game developer, believe what you want to believe but this is the truth and if you kept posting and shouting on any game developer forums about such issues , nothing will change , best thing is those issues are passed to Nvidia and AMD to solve, so take the shortcut and post such issues on Nvidia/AMD forums or contact their support.

IcarusLSC
03-18-2015, 11:57 PM
strigoi, I rather play Asteroids or Pacman right now then ACU to be honest, as I know they would work.

The bad things dominate the good as I can't play the game! So get off you damn high horses instead of leading people astray! This is the problem for Ubi and NVidia to solve, not me as an end product user. I paid for the game and expect full support and a working game, which its not at present in my system (or a mostly working game I'd hope!)

strigoi1958
03-19-2015, 07:14 AM
You chose SLI you chose to suffer SLI problems...

You're the one on the high horse mate... you spent a measly couple of grand on a system and expect to be treated like you're something special....

The game is fantastic for me and millions of others thanks... you can expect companies to fix YOUR problem but UBi will not as they cannot... Nvidia and AMD (nothing to do with Ubi) release drivers for SLI and crossfire systems months AFTER working on the majority systems drivers...

And if Flickering is such a big deal... don't buy any more pc games. SLI is rubbish and is an Nvidia problem... you can continue to post here... even though it would be better on the technical forum, this is the game forum.... BUT you really need to go to the Nvidia Geforce forum and post it amongst all the thousands of other SLI problems threads that Nvidia are ignoring.

IcarusLSC
03-19-2015, 10:33 AM
You chose SLI you chose to suffer SLI problems...

You're the one on the high horse mate... you spent a measly couple of grand on a system and expect to be treated like you're something special....

The game is fantastic for me and millions of others thanks... you can expect companies to fix YOUR problem but UBi will not as they cannot... Nvidia and AMD (nothing to do with Ubi) release drivers for SLI and crossfire systems months AFTER working on the majority systems drivers...

And if Flickering is such a big deal... don't buy any more pc games. SLI is rubbish and is an Nvidia problem... you can continue to post here... even though it would be better on the technical forum, this is the game forum.... BUT you really need to go to the Nvidia Geforce forum and post it amongst all the thousands of other SLI problems threads that Nvidia are ignoring.

No I expect the full support of the game I paid for no matter the system I have. I have submitted a ticket to NVidia as well. I do expect the company to fix my problem in the game as this is what I bought and paid for when I purchased the game (the game and support)! Ubi is ignoring this as much as Nviida.

Go away or offer something useful to help strigomi, you are doing nothing helpful with your attitude.

strigoi1958
03-19-2015, 05:12 PM
I will repeat the helpful bits then....

This is the GAMES forum not the technical forum where problems are posted.

SLI is an Nvidia problem, Ubi cannot do anything about it.... but feel free to continue wasting your time here.... It's like complaining to ford because the petrol you buy makes your car run bad.

SLI ALWAYS suffers for 6 months so usually by the time it has a driver update everyone else has finished playing that game.. Either understand that the system you designed and built will usually go through this with a lot of games and accept it or turn off 1 card in most games. (On the geforce forum I've seen it for years) this was published by Nvidia in 2006 after all MY SLI problems (9 years ago) check the date at the top and Nvidia are still the same http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/782/~/sli-troubleshooting-tips

Nvidia do not prioritize SLI as less than 1% of their customers use it.... you are unfortunately in a very small minority.

IcarusLSC
03-20-2015, 03:50 AM
Again you are still wasting my time. Where do you get your wrong information (sounds made up to me)? NVidia takes weeks usually at most to come out with profiles for new games. You have obviously never had an SLI system. It works good in the other games I play (and even the ones that don't truly support it like some older ones I play!) There are more than 1% using SLI especially now. Go away please...

strigoi1958
03-20-2015, 07:26 AM
No you are wasting your time not me... :D you've been told by several people including a mod it is Nvidias job to make drivers and fix SLI problems but you cannot understand or simply do not want to understand.

Go and play those games... stop coming here wasting our time with petulance.

No there is not more than 1% using SLI... if you check steam it lists peoples systems... and operating software... SLI is way under 1%... stop thinking you are special, stop thinking Ubi will fix Nvidias problems, understand you have an SLI system so you will get SLI problems.... don't like it then sell those 970's and get 1 decent card.

IcarusLSC
03-20-2015, 07:52 AM
I am wasting my time trying to get the is game to work. It is not proving to be worth it so far. Not from the users that play it like you strigoni, , that make me want to rip my hair out for being so condescending and useless, and the support that is non existent so far. I don't think I'm special, I think I am a paying customer that's asking for support on a game I paid for, and am wishing I never had now. It is up to both Nvidia and Ubi to produce a working game. Ubi blames Nvidia, Nvidia blames Ubi. Nice partnership they have going, lol...

Plus this doesn't explain the stuttering and issues with a single card as well.
Just because you are not having issues, doesn't mean everyone isn't, and this is well known everywhere.

So steam users account for all the game players on the internet? lol sureee... That survey is hardly useful here as it doesn't even show SLI users/number of cars in a system, so you must have made up that number, and also factors in people that download steam on their laptops etc to play solitaire and purple palace etc, with their built in Intel, lol... The Valve survey that was done in 2007 had SLI users at 1.7% for what it's worth (nothing here again.) Want me to go on how useless your posts are?

playlisting
03-22-2015, 12:39 AM
But people spend money on SLI and feel a gaming company should make sure that Nvidia or AMD hardware works for them... that is not their problem.

Well it kind of is their problem (sorry if that game out as sarcastic or condescending - I didn't intend it to be). If they decide to release games on PC and take money from PC players then they have to make sure that they account for all the different variables of that platform or at least as many as they can. For example say if someone did what you proposed and put 10 monitors side by side and the game didn't support that then it doesn't matter too much because that situation is so rare. But there are plenty of SLI/Crossfire users and so they should have been accounted for.

strigoi1958
03-22-2015, 05:27 AM
there may be "plenty" but out of millions of pc owners they are a miniscule percentage... every vendor targets the majority market with the fringe last..... SLI has been nothing but problems since day 1. every time a game gets patched... Nvidia has to update the drivers for the majority first... and then (and only then) will they look at Sli etc... The game makers do not have anything to do with SLI it is completely Nvidias domain.

The game is targeted for an average ( above average in Unity) system at 1080p ... there are no guaranteed FPS so why people complain that they are not getting a constant specific FPS I do not know.

People choose SLI to try to get more FPS and think a game is broken if it cannot be "maxxed" at a self decided FPS rate. SLI has and always will have problems for months after the release of most games...

If someone wants to have 10 monitors with a stretched picture, or even a 4 x 3 ratio with black bars at the top or SLI with flickering and stuttering.... that is their prerogative... The trouble is they think the world is going to bend over backwards because they don't like the problems that can be solved by having less monitors, or getting a 16: 9 ratio or by turning off sli.

Threads like this technical rubbish have killed this games forum... I have never seen a gaming question asked in the technical forum yet...

People need to accept that their choices have consequences... and not all are good..

If you don't like flickering.. turn 1 card off... but if those extra fps are more important then put up with it until nvidia sort a driver. there are NO other options and bringing an Nvidia technical problem to a games forum is not going to make any difference.

IcarusLSC
03-22-2015, 06:59 AM
You have obviously never had an SLI system, as it does work on many games (including ones that don't support it like this one says it does), and with many games still when they release patches. It is not an uncommon setup.

Go away troll as you are not trying to help, just slam my choice of system hardware, which is far more common than you might think (as you have proven you don't know by making all this stuff above up!)

YazX_
03-22-2015, 11:25 AM
This thread is going to no where and apparently is turning into flaming war.

Closed.