PDA

View Full Version : idea - allow us to determine what goes into the ammo belt and the how it goes in

Excelsior-MU
05-18-2004, 10:54 PM
I've Had this idea for a while (I'm sure I'm not the only one though). I doubt it's possible with PF but I will throw it out anyway:

allow us to determine the type of ammo and the spread in the ammo belt.

i.e. let us determine if we want all normal, tracer, incendiary, etc. in the belt and let us determine the spread in the belt. Example: 2 normal, 1 tracer. Or 3 normal, 3 incindiary, 1 tracer, or 1 normal 1 incindiary 1 tracer. You get the idea.

Just an idea...

Excelsior-MU
05-18-2004, 10:54 PM
I've Had this idea for a while (I'm sure I'm not the only one though). I doubt it's possible with PF but I will throw it out anyway:

allow us to determine the type of ammo and the spread in the ammo belt.

i.e. let us determine if we want all normal, tracer, incendiary, etc. in the belt and let us determine the spread in the belt. Example: 2 normal, 1 tracer. Or 3 normal, 3 incindiary, 1 tracer, or 1 normal 1 incindiary 1 tracer. You get the idea.

Just an idea...

TgD Thunderbolt56
05-19-2004, 07:48 AM
I would love to have this as an option and not just for visual effects but for the real damage effects as well. Many RL pilots would "doctor" their ammo with their armoror to oftentimes remove most of the tracer as they felt tracer ammo was the least accurate.

If I recall correctly, the book about Gabreski said he used primarily API ammo for the accuracy and improved damage.

http://home.earthlink.net/~aclzkim1/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/il2sig2.jpg

stansdds
05-19-2004, 05:21 PM
Tracer ammo is the least accurate and has a slightly different trajectory than other rounds. As the tracer travels and the incindiary compound burns, the bullet loses weight, thus changing the trajectory. If a pilot misses with the first burst, the tracers can alert his intended target of the danger. This is in real life, in sims it is different. Tracers have the same trajectory as all other rounds and I don't know if AI recognize them or not.