PDA

View Full Version : Juhani Otso Berg

Crazybone992
03-15-2015, 12:46 PM
I have something to say about Otso Berg. I absolutely love Assassin's Creed: Rogue despite the technical issues I have with the game. However, I cannot take the character of Otso Berg seriously. He's supposed to be from Finland and yet he pronounces the word perkele completely wrong. I nearly laughed myself to death when I heard him say it. It's ridiculous. Why Ubisoft can't hire a voice actor who actually knows how to speak Finnish?

VelesFIN
03-15-2015, 03:07 PM
Hehe, I'm Finnish as well and can't really take him seriously either. The way he spelled perkele and Juhani are pretty cringeworthy.

But tbh, I guess it's just because you don't come across Finnish characters in gaming that often; first time for me. I'm pretty sure there are a lot of American/Canadian voice actors playing German, Russian characters etc and pronouncing stuff wrong all the time.

Alphacos007
03-16-2015, 01:42 AM
Indeed. In AC3, in that mission wtih Desmond that is supposedly in Brazil, there are terrible accents, not a single one sounds natural, and there are some that don't even speak the right language lol. In AC4 though, that mission with the Portuguese ships has some good voicers, it actually surprised me. Irish people also complain a lot about Shay's accent, so I'm supposing that is the case with Otso too.