PDA

View Full Version : P47 ain't the only one

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 09:09 AM
I've just been doing some testing with the Mig-3/2xUB, and I was happy to see that the improvements in MG damage apply to UBS guns as well.

vs. 4x110C, first burst destroys a fuel tank, wing snaps, down he goes. Next two shoot out an engine and sets fire to a wing, 110 goes into a flat spin to the ground. Next one takes a lot of fire, cause most of it goes into a wing, making swiss cheese, but another pass disables his engine and he bails. My final burst causes black smoke to start spewing from the final plane's right engine, and it goes down in a 30 seconds or so.

That's 4 planes with only 2 mgs and 1 load of ammo.

The AI doesn't seem as able to hold heavily damaged planes in the air as well as before, which is nice. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

The Mig3 handling feels better too - you get a better idea of when you are at a high AOA, and it still feels quite stable. It starts to shake at about 600km/h, which is pretty good for a 1940 plane, and the low speed response is toned down somewhat, so it actually feels like it's meant to go fast!

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 09:09 AM
I've just been doing some testing with the Mig-3/2xUB, and I was happy to see that the improvements in MG damage apply to UBS guns as well.

vs. 4x110C, first burst destroys a fuel tank, wing snaps, down he goes. Next two shoot out an engine and sets fire to a wing, 110 goes into a flat spin to the ground. Next one takes a lot of fire, cause most of it goes into a wing, making swiss cheese, but another pass disables his engine and he bails. My final burst causes black smoke to start spewing from the final plane's right engine, and it goes down in a 30 seconds or so.

That's 4 planes with only 2 mgs and 1 load of ammo.

The AI doesn't seem as able to hold heavily damaged planes in the air as well as before, which is nice. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

The Mig3 handling feels better too - you get a better idea of when you are at a high AOA, and it still feels quite stable. It starts to shake at about 600km/h, which is pretty good for a 1940 plane, and the low speed response is toned down somewhat, so it actually feels like it's meant to go fast!