PDA

View Full Version : Ki-84

DJDalton
04-12-2004, 02:56 PM
I posted this same topic in the Pacific Planes room and reposted here because I'm not sure theres much traffic in the other room.

Does anyone else have game modeling question regarding the Frank? I don't have an issue with it being nimble and fast. Almost all Japanese planes were nimble and this plane was the fastest Japan had. Although there are a large number of sources that indicate its true top speed was 392 mph. Theoretically, it was capable of faster with high pressure fuel injection. The problem was the Japanese could not iron out the bugs (fires) with the high pressure system and were forced to utilize the low pressure one with the reduced speed. But assuming its design speed is good modeling, what appears questionable is its climbing ability. In the game it will catch a 109G-10 that starts with greater energy in a grab. Does anyone else have an issue with that? Additionally, it can score cannon hits at .80 meters, which is 2,400 yards, if its aligned correctly. Without questioning the merits of Japanese cannon, does anyone else find that merits discussion? I'd like to ask what is the longest range anyone playing the game has scored hits with the Frank?

If the Frank is mismodeled, its within the power of those creating the rooms to limit its use. (At least I think it is) But assuming mismodeling, isn't a better solution to fix it in the next patch?

Anyone have an opinion?

"I never lost a wingman"

Erich Hartmann

DJDalton
04-12-2004, 02:56 PM
I posted this same topic in the Pacific Planes room and reposted here because I'm not sure theres much traffic in the other room.

Does anyone else have game modeling question regarding the Frank? I don't have an issue with it being nimble and fast. Almost all Japanese planes were nimble and this plane was the fastest Japan had. Although there are a large number of sources that indicate its true top speed was 392 mph. Theoretically, it was capable of faster with high pressure fuel injection. The problem was the Japanese could not iron out the bugs (fires) with the high pressure system and were forced to utilize the low pressure one with the reduced speed. But assuming its design speed is good modeling, what appears questionable is its climbing ability. In the game it will catch a 109G-10 that starts with greater energy in a grab. Does anyone else have an issue with that? Additionally, it can score cannon hits at .80 meters, which is 2,400 yards, if its aligned correctly. Without questioning the merits of Japanese cannon, does anyone else find that merits discussion? I'd like to ask what is the longest range anyone playing the game has scored hits with the Frank?

If the Frank is mismodeled, its within the power of those creating the rooms to limit its use. (At least I think it is) But assuming mismodeling, isn't a better solution to fix it in the next patch?

Anyone have an opinion?

"I never lost a wingman"

Erich Hartmann

LEXX_Luthor
04-12-2004, 03:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>In the game it will catch a 109G-10 that starts with greater energy in a grab. Does anyone else have an issue with that?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes!

We must keep Secret our altitude and climb speeds, and we cannot reveal our complete written flight test procedure.

How many Greater Joules can a Fb109 grab?

"You will still have FB , you will lose nothing" ~WUAF_Badsight
"I had actually pre ordered CFS3 and I couldnt wait..." ~Bearcat99
"Gladiator and Falco, elegant weapons of a more civilized age" ~ElAurens
:
"Damn.....Where you did read about Spitfire made from a wood?
Close this book forever and don't open anymore!" ~Oleg_Maddox http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

bodaw
04-12-2004, 03:06 PM
Okay, here we go! Round one of the monthly whining of Ki84, for the month of April.

Tully__
04-12-2004, 03:18 PM
Wait for the patch, it's due shortly. I don't want to have to edit/lock/delete two rounds of this, and if there are changes in the patch (not unlikely based on the history of patches in this game) then this discussion isn't worth much. It's certainly too close to the patch to result in any last minute changes.

=================================================

http://members.optusnet.com.au/tully_78th/sig.jpg

IL2 Forums Moderator
Forum Terms of Use (http://www.ubi.com/US/Info/TermsOfUse.htm)

Salut
Tully