PDA

View Full Version : The Day The Savior Was Born

RinoTheBouncer
03-13-2015, 03:51 PM
On this day, in 1987 in an off-the-grid place called The Farm, a hero was born.
This man is my friend. He's my brother. He's an Assassin.

This man was not driven by revenge. He was not driven by a dogma or a personal gain. He was driven by his desire to do what's right no matter the cost.
A man who made the ultimate sacrifice for a mother to hold her child, for a father to teach his son, for a two lovers to survive, for friends to smile again...to save the world.

Before he left, he made sure that we find a way to ensure not only the survival of our race, but its freedom.
I have vowed to carry his torch and finish what he started, side by side with the Assassins and lead humanity to a brave new world, free of suffering, injustice, enslavement and pain.

This man did the task that was handed to him by generations of freedom of fighters, rebels and heroes. He was a human being but he did what no ordinary human being can possibly be capable of.

His name is Desmond Miles, and he saved our world.

He's an immortal symbol of hope, knowledge and determination that will live on forever in our hearts and in our souls. And every breath we took after December 21st, 2012, we owe it to him.

Desmond Miles was a human being, but he's also a hero.
Long Live Desmond Miles.

‪#‎HappyBirthdayDesmondMiles‬ (https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/happybirthdaydesmondmiles?source=feed_text)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/11059720_1567519630166145_498572612840278204_n.png ?oh=6ff4f27630c8a14ed8e3b0d97091c1de&oe=55B7C345&__gda__=1433395059_e72c7baaadb862822a6f3085a3d02e7 5

VestigialLlama4
03-13-2015, 04:10 PM
Desmond Miles, the most famous bartender in fiction after Moe Syzslak.

Namikaze_17
03-13-2015, 04:22 PM
Desmond Miles, the character who was never recognized.

wvstolzing
03-13-2015, 04:27 PM
Merry Desmondmas y'all.

Democrito_71
03-13-2015, 04:36 PM
#LongliveDesmondMiles

Desmond Miles, the savior of the new world where a digital "god", reborn mustache-men with split personalities & cool accents and Templars are trying to take control over the world while the Assassins are recruiting gamers of all people through the Helix consoles to join the initiates to give the new "initiates" the task to find the body of a french, reborn mustache-man with no mustache. Many hours later when the the french mustache-man with no mustaches body have finally been found, the Assassins decides to drop the searching of the reborn mustache-man with no mustaches body due it's too decayed, so the new initiates had just wasted their time to find the location of the body in the first place.

Long live Desmond Miles!

Shahkulu101
03-13-2015, 04:36 PM
I genuinely liked Desmond. He lacked character development but I don't see anything inherently unlikable about his character.

I look back at the Desmond Saga and I have fond memories, despite all the problems. I miss him.

ze_topazio
03-13-2015, 04:39 PM
Ezio was not born today... Oh, you talking about Desmond, happy birthday to him, he died for our sins.

pirate1802
03-14-2015, 06:09 AM
#LongliveDesmondMiles

Desmond Miles, the savior of the new world where a digital "god", reborn mustache-men with split personalities & cool accents and Templars are trying to take control over the world while the Assassins are recruiting gamers of all people through the Helix consoles to join the initiates to give the new "initiates" the task to find the body of a french, reborn mustache-man with no mustache. Many hours later when the the french mustache-man with no mustaches body have finally been found, the Assassins decides to drop the searching of the reborn mustache-man with no mustaches body due it's too decayed, so the new initiates had just wasted their time to find the location of the body in the first place.

Long live Desmond Miles!

Lol, 69/10 would read again

Sorrosyss
03-14-2015, 11:11 AM
Considering he has been in the majority of the series, I still find it odd that we literally have no figurines or statues of the character. Yet we have every forgettable Pirate from AC4. *eyeroll* As a collector, it feels odd to have Desmond missing.

wvstolzing
03-14-2015, 11:24 AM
Considering he has been in the majority of the series, I still find it odd that we literally have no figurines or statues of the character. Yet we have every forgettable Pirate from AC4. *eyeroll* As a collector, it feels odd to have Desmond missing.

A figurine would go well in a Desmondmas nativity set. I'm sure Rino has a handcrafted one, but for the rest of us a mass-produced set would be nice.

Not to mention an Advent Calendar. Come on ubiworkshop! So many merchandise ideas being wasted here!

Defalt221
03-14-2015, 06:45 PM
...Desmond's dead.Forget about him. No need to dig up the past. Let's go home guys.

Hans684
03-14-2015, 08:27 PM
What is a man but the sum of his memories? We are the stories we live! The tales we tell ourselves!