PDA

View Full Version : Got dem ol' Record Track, Lose a Mission Blues...

horseback
03-29-2004, 08:35 PM
Tell me I'm not the only one this has ever happened to:

I exported my Barbarossa Campaign to FB from Il-2, and after doing the three or four training missions to get acclimated to CEM, I go up for my first Combat Mission, a ground attack that gets jumped by I-16s, and I am GOLDEN.

I loop, I soar, I roll down on the Ratas like the Judgement of God. I fire my cannon, somebody blows up, no wasted rounds, no broken oreos streaming back, just Boom! and he's gone. Boom, boom, boom, boom.

I take out four of the six I-16s, and my wing men get the rest.

I still have lots of ammo left, so I hit the Russian vehicles going down the road. Four passes, six ground kills, and I'm down to MGs, and there's just the one tank, and MGs won't kill him, so I leave him to explain to the Commissar what happened to all his buddies (my wingies are long gone...out of ammo, strained attention spans) and head for home.

I make it back to base with a couple of liters of fuel to spare, and just grease my landing, no bounces, just a little flare, and settle down and continue in a straaight line (did I tell you I was GOLDEN?), all the way down the runway. Mission Complete. Perfect. An absolutely Fabulous 45 minutes.

I hit Escape, see my four air to air kills and six ground kills listed, with a nice little decoration, and think, "Before I Apply this mission, I should save this track for posterity, for lo, I was GOLDEN, and there must be proof for the unbelievers."

...so I click on Save Track, and <Boink!> the error message comes up and informs me that Memory X023 didn't match with Cache YZ18, and this process is being ended. Just like that, I'm dropped out of FB with NOTHING.

YAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

Well, I still have my memories...

cheers

horseback

"Here's your new Mustangs, boys. You can learn to fly'em on the way to the target. Cheers!" -LTCOL Don Blakeslee, 4th FG CO, February 27th, 1944

horseback
03-29-2004, 08:35 PM
Tell me I'm not the only one this has ever happened to:

I exported my Barbarossa Campaign to FB from Il-2, and after doing the three or four training missions to get acclimated to CEM, I go up for my first Combat Mission, a ground attack that gets jumped by I-16s, and I am GOLDEN.

I loop, I soar, I roll down on the Ratas like the Judgement of God. I fire my cannon, somebody blows up, no wasted rounds, no broken oreos streaming back, just Boom! and he's gone. Boom, boom, boom, boom.

I take out four of the six I-16s, and my wing men get the rest.

I still have lots of ammo left, so I hit the Russian vehicles going down the road. Four passes, six ground kills, and I'm down to MGs, and there's just the one tank, and MGs won't kill him, so I leave him to explain to the Commissar what happened to all his buddies (my wingies are long gone...out of ammo, strained attention spans) and head for home.

I make it back to base with a couple of liters of fuel to spare, and just grease my landing, no bounces, just a little flare, and settle down and continue in a straaight line (did I tell you I was GOLDEN?), all the way down the runway. Mission Complete. Perfect. An absolutely Fabulous 45 minutes.

I hit Escape, see my four air to air kills and six ground kills listed, with a nice little decoration, and think, "Before I Apply this mission, I should save this track for posterity, for lo, I was GOLDEN, and there must be proof for the unbelievers."

...so I click on Save Track, and &lt;Boink!&gt; the error message comes up and informs me that Memory X023 didn't match with Cache YZ18, and this process is being ended. Just like that, I'm dropped out of FB with NOTHING.

YAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

Well, I still have my memories...

cheers

horseback

"Here's your new Mustangs, boys. You can learn to fly'em on the way to the target. Cheers!" -LTCOL Don Blakeslee, 4th FG CO, February 27th, 1944