PDA

View Full Version : Default Loadout

flianbrian
06-06-2004, 04:35 PM
Hi folks,
I'm new to the forum, just got IL2fb/AEP/2.01-patch recently and am having a jolly good time with it (as you know). I'm doing mostly the "Quick Missions" to get comfortable with the game. My question is:

What is meant by the "Default" Loadout. Is this a particular loadout for a particular plane, is it unlimited ammo, how is one to know?

thanks,
flianbrian

flianbrian
06-06-2004, 04:35 PM
Hi folks,
I'm new to the forum, just got IL2fb/AEP/2.01-patch recently and am having a jolly good time with it (as you know). I'm doing mostly the "Quick Missions" to get comfortable with the game. My question is:

What is meant by the "Default" Loadout. Is this a particular loadout for a particular plane, is it unlimited ammo, how is one to know?

thanks,
flianbrian

Moog42
06-06-2004, 04:52 PM
In QMB, default loadout is essential ammunition only, i.e. no additional weaponary other than the basic MGs or cannons on your selected plane. On single missions and campaigns, default loadout is the suggested loadout for that particular type of mission. For example, default loadout on an escourt mission may be Extra Ammo, whereas a trainbusting run could feature bombs.

That said, nothing erks the crew of a H-111 more than keeping your MGs quiet in a head-on pass only to drop a 500lb-er through the cockpit windshield... if it ain't broke, BREAK IT!!! There's more than one tool for every job, etc. etc. etc...

Play It Cool

-Moog

Moog42
06-06-2004, 04:56 PM
PS: Unlimited Ammo is set on the difficulty page. As far as I remember, once you've used all stores/ammo if unlimited ammo is on, you have to press Shift-J (I think) to refill them. Unlimited Ammo and arcade mode are good for gunnery training. Enable arcade mode by opening the file conf.ini (it should be in your IL-2 directory root) and look for the line reading ARCADE=0, then change this to ARCADE=1. Return the value to zero when you wish to go back to normal.

Hope this helps...

Happy hunting!