PDA

View Full Version : IL-2 Stuka Need's Some Help

Frosty289
01-18-2004, 09:19 PM
Ok, I admit it, IL-2 by far has the best stuka characteristics I have ever seen in a flight sim, But it's still not complete. The only thing I gripe about it, (I know alot about stuka's) is that putting on the divebrakes will start a siren, But it will not put you into a dive. I remember reading about a British pilot that flew dive bomber's, and he did a report on them. He said the stuka was a natural 90 degree screamer, And while flying it, Putting down the dive brakes put him into a dive almost immeadiatley, which sadley enough doesn't happen in IL-2 FB. If this game didn't have such a closed architechure there would be many add on's to make the game way better than it is, And also would be able to fix problem's like the one I stated above, I think this needs to be issued, Please someone fix this flaw in the Stuka's Air file.

Frosty289
01-18-2004, 09:19 PM
Ok, I admit it, IL-2 by far has the best stuka characteristics I have ever seen in a flight sim, But it's still not complete. The only thing I gripe about it, (I know alot about stuka's) is that putting on the divebrakes will start a siren, But it will not put you into a dive. I remember reading about a British pilot that flew dive bomber's, and he did a report on them. He said the stuka was a natural 90 degree screamer, And while flying it, Putting down the dive brakes put him into a dive almost immeadiatley, which sadley enough doesn't happen in IL-2 FB. If this game didn't have such a closed architechure there would be many add on's to make the game way better than it is, And also would be able to fix problem's like the one I stated above, I think this needs to be issued, Please someone fix this flaw in the Stuka's Air file.

XyZspineZyX
01-18-2004, 09:29 PM
If you engage the divebrake, there is a decided drag moment which lowers the nose and the speed.

What do you want, for it to assume a 90 degree down angle for you automatically??

It pulls you OUT of the dive automatically when you release the bombs, but it doesn't put you IN it.

Roll over, pull on the stick and voila. (Well, it's not quite that simple if you want to put your bombs on target...but just to dive...it is about that simple)

Besides, I wouldn't expect any BRIT to be an expert on using a Stuka.

VW-IceFire
01-18-2004, 09:34 PM
Soon as I engage the dive breaks I find the Stuka to start nosing in and loosing speed quickly. It doesn't happen right away but its pretty darn quick and some light taps to the stick and she's headed towards the target.

Open archiecture has destroyed the online experience of many a gamer. But not in this community. In FB's case, with the developer being as open as they are, there is no need for a open architecture because the instances of cheating, hacking, and ruining the game are virtually nil.

- IceFire
http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/spit-sig.jpg

Fillmore
01-18-2004, 10:45 PM
Engaging dive brakes puts it in a dive for me, in fact I often have to pull back on the stick to keep the dive angle shallower.

JR_Greenhorn
01-18-2004, 11:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stiglr:
If you engage the divebrake, there is a decided drag moment which lowers the nose and the speed.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Perhaps there is also a shifting of the aerodynamic center of the wing as well?

In any case did the Stukas invert before dive-bombing or not? I was under the impression that they did. If not, there would most certainly be significant negative g-loading. Which was standard proceedure?