PDA

View Full Version : Negativity around Unity

jamietje
03-11-2015, 03:51 PM
Hey,

Im so full of doubt as in to buying Unity right now I can buy it for 32 euro in the store so the price is right.
However when I look on steam the amount of negative reviews is extremely high infact I've hardly ever seen such a bad review amount of a game.

So I'm wondering are they right doh?
Because when I look at the Far Cry 4 forums people are also so very negative even doh I played the game never had any bugs any problems and the game is one of the most awesome games i have ever played.

Are their people who are positive about the game?

siralex1986
03-11-2015, 04:51 PM
If you ask me, Unity has the most huge parkour, combats, graphics and mechanical improvements we've seen from a game to the next; and I notice it now that I'm playing Rogue more than when I was actually playing Unity.

Problem is, the launch of Unity was a beta-game launch, which is honestly disgusting if you ask me; all the issues the game had at day one have compromised its reviews, and I think Unity deserved it, by then.

But now that the game has been patched quite a lot, it's a damn beautiful game, it's now how it should have been at day one; believe me, it's gorgeous and it has some very good step ahead in terms of gameplay.

I won't discuss story and Arno, as we enter in a more subjective realm, you may love them or hate them, as usual.

But honestly, at day one Unity was not worth 10€, while now it's definitely worth €32!

My 2c, ofc.

jamietje
03-11-2015, 06:43 PM
Thanks for your reply.
What about the FPS people are complaining about 20-50fps and 30fps when they move the camera such things.

I saw the recommended specs shockingly high, however my specs are higher.

Nogeaux
03-11-2015, 07:00 PM
Are their people who are positive about the game?

I thought it was a a great effort by UBISoft and I really enjoyed it. I have a high-dollar system (no brag intended, just a fact) and never had any stutter or FPS issues. I play with highest settings at 1920X1080. In my opinion the graphics and game play in combination are hard to beat. I did have one progress issue in Unity which was corrected early on. As with most forums many of the comments are negative in that this is where gamers come to get help dealing with any number of errors or issues. Since I have completed Unity and had very little problem with it, I don't visit the forum much anymore. I believe a lot of gamers satisfied with their gaming experience just don't post that positive opinion. To answer your question, if you have a powerful rig, give it a shot - I don't think you'll be disappointed. If you do buy, make sure that you post your comments back here.

Good luck,

nogeaux

Incantari
03-11-2015, 08:59 PM
Overall Unity is a good game, its not a great game, but its good enough that I dont regret the money. Story Wise its on par with AC3, meaning it kind of feels a little thin. Rogue on the contrary is so far excellent and makes me want a spin off series told from the Templar side (since there are 3 sides to every story and we so far have only seen the Assassin's side which is heavily biased towards them by necessity.

Unity's mechanics (combat, traversal etc) are very well done, I especially like the ability to actually sneak and move from cover to cover. Combat is nice too, less finger contortion to get access to all your tools.

Its a bit steep on the min specs side however but after a number of patches it seems to run fine.I have gotten stuck in the landscape once or twice which is annoying but nothing on the level of game breaking.

Co-op is actually pretty fun as well when it works and you don't lag.

jeffies04
03-12-2015, 06:04 AM
I enjoy Unity a lot. It's got a lot of improvements and changes that I think are for the better (all listed by previous posters).

IF your system meets requirements, or surpasses them, I would say buy it. It's an installment that you wouldn't want to miss. If you're pushing it on the requirements, I would say wait until you have a more powerful system.

siralex1986
03-12-2015, 04:41 PM
Thanks for your reply.
What about the FPS people are complaining about 20-50fps and 30fps when they move the camera such things.

I saw the recommended specs shockingly high, however my specs are higher.

Well Unity is not a game for every PC, that's for sure, it's a first taste of real new gen; and also, it's not very well optimized, or at least not as well as you could expect, but in the end we all now that Ubisoft focus is on consoles.

FPS at release were a really big issue, now things are better and you shoulnd' t experience drops!

topeira1980
03-12-2015, 05:34 PM
i find unity to be my all time favorite AC game.

mechanically its the best, IMO. in terms of gameplay is is more open ended. you can say its repetitive in how most missions are the same (find the guy however you like, kill him however you like, get out) but i prefer to have the freedom than to be scripted in a mission that i can only play in one way. Unity has more replayability in its mission design so its fun replying them later.
also it has plenty of side content - the paris story missions are plenty and most are pretty fun. coop missions can be done with others or solo. even though they are really hard done solo i loved going at them alone.

technically i have an AMD system and it is slightly below minimum and at 1680X1050 it runs really well on HIGH settings and looks fantastic. it took a bloody month until AMD released their drivers that made the game playable but since that driver i had no issues with the game.

the most important thinng you need to know about unity is that it is unlike other AC games - its pretty hard. if you go at it with the older AC mentality of "oh well, i was spotted so i will just fight my way through" than you will die a lot. if what u want is to feel like a war machine than you will be let down. in ACU you are NOT meant to fight more than 5 enemies simultaneously. there are plently of ways for running away from a fight, just dont stick around to kill everyone.
i read quit a few ppl who were upset by the fact that they can no longer kill even 10 enemies in one fight.
personally - i love it like that.
also note that a lot of the tools and moves previous assassins could pull off are gone. combat is simpler now, yet better balanced. (my opinion)

again - unity has its downsides but its my favorite AC game to date thanks to a more open ended mission structure, wonderful visuals and more balanced gameplay over all.

i think its well worth a 32$ price tag.

fenris19892
03-19-2015, 04:46 AM
Co-op is actually pretty fun as well when it works and you don't lag.

Th co-op would've been better like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZMGI0lpNbA but unfortunately they didn't make the co-op missions like this all it is now is the same tired missions over and over no differing variables as shown even the idea of assassins being stealthy has been toned down so you'll see people just charging into the fray to kill enemies instead.

playlisting
03-19-2015, 06:16 AM
Unity's negative reviews are based almost entirely around the fact that it was buggy and didn't run well. There have been numerous advancements in both areas through patches. Bugs are almost non-existent now. I'm playing on PS4 and haven't had a single bug yet and I'm mid way through sequence 5. Talking about PC, performance has gotten better but there is still room for improvement, but I wouldn't hold your breath for a patch fixing all these problems. It's as good as it's ever going to get most likely, so make sure your PC is plenty powerful - because this game should be played on at least high settings. Paris really is beautiful.

So in short: Buy it, but make sure your PC is capable.

IcarusLSC
03-19-2015, 10:50 AM
It is still super buggy for many users (like SLI ones for instance.) I'd avoid it after my experience with it so far. I can't stand companies that release such garbage and then after 5 months of fixes etv still can't get it to play/look right? No thank you

jamietje
04-23-2015, 07:26 AM
Hey I hope the guys who replied to this topic see my reply now.
Currently im playing the game im not super far yet (nearly sequence 5)

But mannn i love this game its awsome!
No lag for me, no bugs.
The game is amazing it just is so relaxing and fun.
Enjoying myself and so on, will review when finished :P - 10 hours in

DarkAC
04-23-2015, 07:38 AM
Better advice wait for less price
32 is too much for ubisoft who make in-game tons of bugs