PDA

View Full Version : Quit doing that

BaldieJr
02-25-2004, 12:57 PM
Longer posts do not equate to better posts.

If you need to quote something, please link to it, or quote only the most important pieces of the text. You can't legally copy/paste an entire website, so please don't do it.

As for 'opinion' posts, it does not take 14 paragraphs to say "I don't agree with you.". Bear this in mind before showing the world your mind.

Good stories are still very welcome.

PS- Everyone loves a train wreck. 1200 views in 24 hours? http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">
______ _____
(, / ) /) /) , (, /
/---( _ // _(/ _ / __ ,""""]
+----/ ____)(_(_(/_(_(__(__(/____/__/ (__--------,' /---+
| / ( / ,' NR / |
|(_/ ..-""``"'-._ (_/ __,' 42 _/ |
+-.-"" "-..,____________/7,.--"" __]-----+

</pre>

BaldieJr
02-25-2004, 12:57 PM

If you need to quote something, please link to it, or quote only the most important pieces of the text. You can't legally copy/paste an entire website, so please don't do it.

As for 'opinion' posts, it does not take 14 paragraphs to say "I don't agree with you.". Bear this in mind before showing the world your mind.

PS- Everyone loves a train wreck. 1200 views in 24 hours? http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

______ _____
(, / ) /) /) , (, /
| / ( / ,' NR / |

</pre>

BuzzU
02-25-2004, 01:13 PM
Who are you?

Buzz
---------------------------------------------------------------------
http://img25.photobucket.com/albums/v76/Jamnut/clark19.jpg

BaldieJr
02-25-2004, 01:15 PM
I am the Ramble Police today.

______ _____
(, / ) /) /) , (, /
| / ( / ,' NR / |

</pre>

arcadeace
02-25-2004, 01:29 PM
...and you've been buzzed http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/blink.gif

http://www.onpoi.net/ah/pics/users/ah_222_1073167658.jpg

tttiger
02-25-2004, 01:36 PM
This from someone who averages (by my lousy math) 200 posts a month. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I happen to agree about totally recopying a post you want to respond to or copying a whole article (see the thread on the differences in P-51 models) into the post when a link would do just as well.

But, Baldie, you are not the one to be complaining about thread clutter. True, your posts generally are short. Maybe thread littering is a better term http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Aloha,

ttt

"I want the one that kills the best with the least amount of risk to me"

-- Chuck Yeager describing "The Best Airplane."

arcadeace
02-25-2004, 01:43 PM
Half the folks here spam http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Maybe Tully should claim it,cut and paste it and make a sticky. You never know...

BSS_Goat
02-25-2004, 01:48 PM
posted 25-02-04 11:57

PS- Everyone loves a train wreck. 1200 views in 24 hours?

______ _____
(, / ) /) /) , (, /
| / ( / ,' NR / |

BuzzU

posted 25-02-04 12:13
Who are you?

Buzz

BaldieJr

posted 25-02-04 12:15

______ _____
(, / ) /) /) , (, /
| / ( / ,' NR / |

arcadeace

posted 25-02-04 12:29
...and you've been buzzed

tttiger

posted 25-02-04 12:36
This from someone who averages (by my lousy math) 200 posts a month.

I happen to agree about totally recopying a post you want to respond to or copying a whole article (see the thread on the differences in P-51 models) into the post when a link would do just as well.

But, Baldie, you are not the one to be complaining about thread clutter. True, your posts generally are short. Maybe thread littering is a better term

Aloha,

ttt

arcadeace

posted 25-02-04 12:43
Half the folks here spam

Maybe Tully should claim it,cut and paste it and make a sticky. You never know...

Previous Topic | Next Topic

ubi.com Forums IL-2 Sturmovik General Discussion (IL-2 Related) Quit doing that Reply

Contact Us | ubi.com | Privacy Statement
Terms of Use

HAHAHAHAHA

DONB3397
02-25-2004, 01:52 PM
Brevity is an art. And, Baldie, you're pretty good at it.

But there are a few posters here who genuinely contribute to my information base, and occasionally write a while to do it. I guess I don't mind that so much. Just another point of view. Links are good, too.

Winning isn't everything;
It's the only thing!
http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/3fe77b7e_1812a/bc/Images/Sig---1.jpg?BC.LAPABsBgwLZQo

BSS_Goat
02-25-2004, 01:56 PM
BaldieJr

______ _____
(, / ) /) /) , (, /
| / ( / ,' NR / |

BuzzU

Who are you?

Buzz

BaldieJr

______ _____
(, / ) /) /) , (, /
| / ( / ,' NR / |

arcadeace

tttiger

But, Baldie, you are not the one to be complaining about thread clutter. True, your posts generally are short. Maybe thread littering is a better term

Aloha,

ttt

arcadeace

Half the folks here spam

rhett69

posted 25-02-04 12:48

______ _____
(, / ) /) /) , (, /
| / ( / ,' NR / |

BuzzU

Who are you?

Buzz

BaldieJr

______ _____
(, / ) /) /) , (, /
| / ( / ,' NR / |

arcadeace

tttiger

Aloha,

ttt

arcadeace

Half the folks here spam

ubi.com Forums IL-2 Sturmovik General Discussion (IL-2 Related) Quit doing that Reply

Terms of Use

HAHAHAHAHA

DONB3397

posted 25-02-04 12:52
Brevity is an art. And, Baldie, you're pretty good at it.

But there are a few posters here who genuinely contribute to my information base, and occasionally write a while to do it. I guess I don't mind that so much. Just another point of view. Links are good, too.

Winning isn't everything;
It's the only thing!

Terms of Use

crazyivan1970
02-25-2004, 01:59 PM
Buzz is that really you old buddy? Good to see ya back http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

V!
Regards,

http://blitzpigs.com/forum/images/smiles/smokin.gif

VFC*Crazyivan aka VFC*HOST

http://www.rmutt.netfirms.com/coop-ivan.jpg

Kozhedub: In combat potential, the Yak-3, La-7 and La-9 fighters were indisputably superior to the Bf-109s and Fw-190s. But, as they say, no matter how good the violin may be, much depends on the violinist. I always felt respect for an enemy pilot whose plane I failed to down.

BuzzU
02-25-2004, 02:07 PM
Yep, it's me Ivan. I see the same old arguments going on.

I smelled a P-63 was close, and I thought i'd poke my head back in to see you guys.

Buzz
http://img25.photobucket.com/albums/v76/Jamnut/clark19.jpg

BM357_Raven
02-25-2004, 02:11 PM
S~ Buzz!
-------------------
Dearest Baldie:

Well the question is do you represent the majority or the minority? Not that it would matter to the majority if you represented the minority nor would it change the minds of the minority if you were a part of the majority. Some people like myself are simply longwinded. I'll give you an example:

While others never post more than a "http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif" or a "lol" or a "this post is funny" or a "this thread is rediculous" many feel the need to expand on ideas and explicate others.

Let us agree that it takes far longer to write a lengthy piece than it does to 'go around it' by the small movements of a mouse wheel. So whose time is wasted more, the writer or the reader?

Further, are you out to save the reader or out to spare the writer?

If it is the reader then you are saying it is annoying to have to scroll past a lengthy statement and that it really degrades the overall flow of the forums. However, if you are watching out for the writer you are letting the long-winded-writers know that nobody reads their stuff anyhow so they might as well save themselves the time of doing so much writing. Instead they could be doing more flying.

In the latter, you are like a friend saying "nobody really cares what you think, so dont waste your prectious time dear writer."

If you represent the reader then the question is are you the voice of all readers or just one?

The last possibility to be comtemplated is that you are the friend of both the reader and the writer. In this case you are like the great meliorist adding to an ever-improving world where ideas come together and make the world a better place. But like the realist/saint that you are you seek to limit the amount of info because you believe it can only do more harm than good.

Put more clearly, and really just restated, there is a balance between too many words per post and not enough. In this case it could be said that one 6-7 line paragraph is acceptable whereas anything beyond that is too much. Am I right?

Further expanding on this logic (and perhaps wasting more space), I could say that too many thoughts or ideas converging into one post can lead to a discomfort of the mind. It seeks to undermin forum moral and create aggressive behavior among the people who are easily annoyed and prefer two-sentence posts..

Some, perhaps like myself, will read through all the ideas and pick up on some nuances that are intriguing that, left to a simple "I agree" would have added nothing to the concept(s) in discussion. If I feel I have grasped the over-all core of what the person is saying in paragraph F, I might skip to paragraph Z and look for a summary. Sometimes I enjoy lengthy posts, sometimes I dont have the time to read all the way through them.

In this post I could have just said "I agree," or, "I disagree." But although this particular post is (intentionally) boring, I would get tired of reading "yeah" "yes" "that's true" "no, you're wrong" in the forums. Those are not ideas, but simply popularity votes.

Personally, I prefer to see people expand on ideas (like humanities course discussion in university) and contribute to a discussion.

If I get bored of reading the post, I can always decide to scroll through it like you have probably done already. But if you have not, and you are still reading, then you are looking for something in this post which means that you are perhaps unfortunate in that you simply do not know when to move on to the next post and are obsessed with leaving no word unread. This is a pyschological obsessive-compulsive disorder that is only recently being explored by some of the least worthy psychologists in the world.

If you would like to learn more about this disorder please click the link to read my dissertation: http://you_cant_always_get_what_you_want.html...

Thanks for reading my lengty post.. which could have been summed up by "I disagree.."

Let me reiterate by saying:

Well the question is do you represent the majority or the minority? Not that it would matter to the majority if you represented the minority nor would it change the minds of the minority if you were a part of the majority. Some people like myself are simply longwinded. I'll give you an example:

While others never post more than a "" or a "lol" or a "this post is funny" or a "this thread is rediculous" many feel the need to expand on ideas and explicate others.

Let us agree that it takes far longer to write a lengthy piece than it does to 'go around it' by the small movements of a mouse wheel. So whose time is wasted more, the writer or the reader?

Further, are you out to save the reader or out to spare the writer?

If it is the reader then you are saying it is annoying to have to scroll past a lengthy statement and that it really degrades the overall flow of the forums. However, if you are watching out for the writer you are letting the long-winded-writers know that nobody reads their stuff anyhow so they might as well save themselves the time of doing so much writing. Instead they could be doing more flying.

In the latter, you are like a friend saying "nobody really cares what you think, so dont waste your prectious time dear writer."

If you represent the reader then the question is are you the voice of all readers or just one?

The last possibility to be comtemplated is that you are the friend of both the reader and the writer. In this case you are like the great meliorist adding to an ever-improving world where ideas come together and make the world a better place. But like the realist/saint that you are you seek to limit the amount of info because you believe it can only do more harm than good.

Put more clearly, and really just restated, there is a balance between too many words per post and not enough. In this case it could be said that one 6-7 line paragraph is acceptable whereas anything beyond that is too much. Am I right?

Further expanding on this logic (and perhaps wasting more space), I could say that too many thoughts or ideas converging into one post can lead to a discomfort of the mind. It seeks to undermin forum moral and create aggressive behavior among the people who are easily annoyed and prefer two-sentence posts..

Some, perhaps like myself, will read through all the ideas and pick up on some nuances that are intriguing that, left to a simple "I agree" would have added nothing to the concept(s) in discussion. If I feel I have grasped the over-all core of what the person is saying in paragraph F, I might skip to paragraph Z and look for a summary. Sometimes I enjoy lengthy posts, sometimes I dont have the time to read all the way through them.

In this post I could have just said "I agree," or, "I disagree." But although this particular post is (intentionally) boring, I would get tired of reading "yeah" "yes" "that's true" "no, you're wrong" in the forums. Those are not ideas, but simply popularity votes.

Personally, I prefer to see people expand on ideas (like humanities course discussion in university) and contribute to a discussion.

If I get bored of reading the post, I can always decide to scroll through it like you have probably done already. But if you have not, and you are still reading, then you are looking for something in this post which means that you are perhaps unfortunate in that you simply do not know when to move on to the next post and are obsessed with leaving no word unread. This is a pyschological obsessive-compulsive disorder that is only recently being explored by some of the least worthy psychologists in the world.

If you would like to learn more about this disorder please click the link to read my dissertation: http://you_cant_always_get_what_you_want.html...

Thanks for reading my lengty post.. which could have been summed up by "I disagree.."

Blazing Magnums 357th VFG
bm357.com (http://www.bm357.com/NEW_BM357/flash_intro.html) | Roster (http://bm357.com/NEW_BM357/bm357_rosters.asp) | Flash Cartoon (http://bm357.com/NEW_BM357/raven_in_plane9p.html) | BroDawg (http://www.bm357.com/NEW_BM357/flash-intro/tinman3.html) | QuickTime Video (http://www.bm357.com/NEW_BM357/Downloads_Public/bm357_transmission.zip)
Blazing_Magnums Server (http://bm357.com/NEW_BM357/server.htm)

http://www.bm357.com/bm357_radio.jpg (http://bm357.com)

BpGemini
02-25-2004, 02:13 PM
I must attest the people here are amateur spammers at best.

http://blitzpigs.com/forum/images/smiles/spam4.gif

http://www.blitzpigs.com/images/P-39_BlitzPig_Sig_01.jpg
IL-2 original P-39 vet soon to be P-63 vet.

BM357_Raven
02-25-2004, 02:17 PM
Just bringing my total from 744 to 745 posts...

Thank you.

bm357.com (http://www.bm357.com/NEW_BM357/flash_intro.html) | Roster (http://bm357.com/NEW_BM357/bm357_rosters.asp) | Flash Cartoon (http://bm357.com/NEW_BM357/raven_in_plane9p.html) | BroDawg (http://www.bm357.com/NEW_BM357/flash-intro/tinman3.html) | QuickTime Video (http://www.bm357.com/NEW_BM357/Downloads_Public/bm357_transmission.zip)

arcadeace
02-25-2004, 02:18 PM
Spam at noon:

Lowell A McCray: experience a massive growth in your c0ck size! science has proven it

Roy Staley: Prescepti0n Sav1ngs

mXpUwT@alacarta.com: re[1]

Creative Logo Design: Business Logo Design

Shelton Walden: Re:bulldog INdian generic Citrategrove kzmhntix

Health Pro's: Here Need Health Insurance?

Reunion.com: steve, There are 2 New/Updaded Student Listings

Adolfo Benson: Impotant Cbyg90a :Cheapest Cialis Ever catalysis hornblende n imgeejfh

Lacey Harrison: Online Medicati0ns

Dingdong966@aol.com: [none]

Antwan H. McCarthy: master! live like a king.

sherry: FWD: RE: NeeD MONEY FOR REPAIRS? N0n-repaid MONEY!

Thurman Lassiter: Fw: Payment Past Due, account

Mahammed Wu: 95% discounts on OEM software in our store! d

Leona Coffman: Re: Medical Info

Zen--
02-25-2004, 02:22 PM
Well written Raven, quite the erudite fellow today http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I myself tend to be long winded, but it's usually for the point of clarification. When I'm reading people's posts, I tend to prefer the longer ones.

It tells me the writer has something he feels important to say because he has taken the time to write it. I respect that. Longer posts tend to be more informative because the 'why' tells you more than a simple fact does and longer posts tend to have more 'why's' in them.

You can say 90% of aircraft where shot down by surprise and you can pack that in a single sentence. I'd rather see a guy write 6-7 or more paragraphs on just why that is...because then he teaches me something.

Uh huh, yeah, I agree etc...informative because I know who agrees with what in a post, but in and of themselves don't teach me anything.

For what it's worth, I'd rather take the time to learn something instead of speed through a thread for whatever reason.

-Zen-
Formerly TX-Zen

JR_Greenhorn
02-25-2004, 02:55 PM
BM357_Raven, I do say that your post is the best I've read yet today after just logging in and reading this one thread!

Indeed, I wholeheartdly agree that "brevity is an art," but, as exhibited by BM357_Raven's post above, longwindedness is an art form as well. One may note that Raven's post avoids the classic pitfall of longwindedness--too much information. Indeed, Raven continues discussion of his subject without degradation into senselss rambling. In the same manner, he is aware of the point where the sheer length of his case will evade the intrest of even the most tenacious reader. Armed with this awareness, he succesfully pulls off the tactic of verbatim repetition, marked by the phrase "Let me reiterate by saying." Be sure, Raven is one accostomed to writing excessively long papers to fill page-length or word-count quotas for busywork-minded instructors--the sort of which acedamia is overrun with.

Another skill Raven exhibits in the above post is avioding another classic pitfall of longwindedness--the everlasting paragraph. Note that Raven's paragraphs are correctly structured, terminate when necessary, and are restricted to a single thought or point made per each paragraph.

Similarly, Raven achieves impressive length without resorting to lengthy run-on sentences. While even the best among us may slip one too many independent clauses into a sentence from time to time, Raven avoids this for the most part. Many rambling writers use endless run-on sentences to augment the length of their peices, but Raven continues to exhibit proper sentence structure and separation of clauses.

Notice that BM357_Raven also avoids the use of emoticons. Emoticons often can be utilized to substitute several words with a graphical representation of one's emotions, thoughts, or reactions. The problem intrinsic to the use of these emoticons is the lack of personalization actual words impart a post with, especially so when compared to the anonymous expressions conveyed through the use of emoticons.

Finally, by comparison with other posts in this very thread, Raven shows the reader that sensless longwindedness when well crafted can be much more interesting and entertaining than a childish prank, which can be seen in the hands of another poster here.

In addition, while BaldieJr may be striving to protect the writers of long posts, I can assure you that many of us that tend towards long posts enjoy the drafting of said posts sufficiently that whether the post goes unread or not is immaterial.

BaldieJr
02-25-2004, 03:01 PM
I don't believe a word of it.

______ _____
(, / ) /) /) , (, /
| / ( / ,' NR / |

</pre>

BM357_Raven
02-25-2004, 03:49 PM
Well JR_Greenhorn all I can say is Ole'

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:Pit4-nfxxksJ:www.tech-sol.net/humor/bullfight.jpg

Well done!

JR_Greenhorn
02-25-2004, 04:17 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BM357_Raven:
Well JR_Greenhorn all I can say is Ole'

Well done!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Please sir, I couldn't begin to match your post. Even without any reiteration, that thing is over two screens long on my little monitor!

If you had to choose a side here, do you think that BaldieJr is attempting to protect potential readers of longwinded posts, or save the time of writers of such posts (as if they had anything better to do)? I myself tend to think its the former of the two. How about you yourself, sir?

BaldieJr
02-25-2004, 04:31 PM
Behold!

http://www.batesville.k12.in.us/bhs/heritage%20online/Train%20pix/train%20wreck.jpg

______ _____
(, / ) /) /) , (, /
| / ( / ,' NR / |

</pre>

crazyivan1970
02-25-2004, 04:35 PM
Can i nominate Raven for most wordiest man of the year?... or of All Times? http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

V!
Regards,

http://blitzpigs.com/forum/images/smiles/smokin.gif

VFC*Crazyivan aka VFC*HOST

http://www.rmutt.netfirms.com/coop-ivan.jpg

Kozhedub: In combat potential, the Yak-3, La-7 and La-9 fighters were indisputably superior to the Bf-109s and Fw-190s. But, as they say, no matter how good the violin may be, much depends on the violinist. I always felt respect for an enemy pilot whose plane I failed to down.

NimbusPlus
02-25-2004, 05:48 PM
Raven and Greenhorn, those were awesome posts. Great stuff guys, keep up the lengthy work!

(By the way, how is my art today)?

http://ee.1asphost.com/julienag/il2_Z_SIG.jpg

Cajun76
02-25-2004, 07:23 PM
Q

http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/mockface.gif

Good hunting,
Cajun76

http://img12.photobucket.com/albums/v30/Cajun76/Real_35a.gif
What if there were no hypothetical questions?

Kampfmeister
02-25-2004, 07:32 PM
You asked for it BaldieJr. Be careful what you wish for http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

BaldieJr
02-25-2004, 07:41 PM
I second Ivans nominations.

I also want to nominate Oleg as Man of the Year for his hard work and determination in the face of so many Onwhine Train Wrecks (TM).

______ _____
(, / ) /) /) , (, /
| / ( / ,' NR / |

</pre>

WUAF_Badsight
02-25-2004, 09:56 PM
the correct answer to Baldie JNR is exacxtly what BM357_Raven wrote

& was damm funny

2nd funniest is definantly rhett69

seriously rhett thats total killa dude

Eagle_361st
02-25-2004, 10:10 PM
What

~S!
Eagle
Commanding Officer 361st vFG
www.361stvfg.com (http://www.361stvfg.com)
http://home.comcast.net/~smconlon/wsb/media/245357/site1003.jpg

Eagle_361st
is

~S!
Eagle

Eagle_361st
this

~S!
Eagle

Eagle_361st
thread

~S!
Eagle

Eagle_361st
about?

~S!
Eagle

Eagle_361st
I

~S!
Eagle

Eagle_361st
02-25-2004, 10:11 PM
Forgot

~S!
Eagle

Eagle_361st
02-25-2004, 10:11 PM
muwhahahahahaha

~S!
Eagle

grinman
02-26-2004, 05:31 AM
????? why did you do that like that just to start and finish a sentence?

"Do you really want to get into that cramped cockpit and fly to the death?" quote from self.

Cajun76
02-26-2004, 06:48 AM
I agree. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/mockface.gif

Good hunting,
Cajun76

TgD Thunderbolt56
02-26-2004, 07:01 AM
Geez, some people have WAAAAYY too much time on their hands.

http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/crazy.gif

http://home.earthlink.net/~aclzkim1/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/il2sig2.jpg

BerkshireHunt
02-26-2004, 07:55 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BaldieJr:

I disagree. Witness the nuclear weapon of forum abuse:

You swine. You vulgar little maggot. You worthless bag of filth. As we say in Texas, I'll bet you couldn't pour p!ss out of a boot with instructions on the heel. You are a canker. A purulent sore that won't go away. I would rather kiss a lawyer than be seen with you. You're a putrescent mass, a walking vomit. You are a spineless little worm deserving nothing but the profoundest contempt. You are a jerk, a cad, a weasel. Your life is a monument to stupidity. You are a poltroon and a mountebank. A poisonous charlatan.

You are a stench, a revulsion, a big suck on a sour lemon. You are a bleating foal, a curdled staggering mutant dwarf smeared richly with the effluvia and offal accompanying your alleged birth into this world. An insensate, blinking calf, meaningful to nobody, abandoned by the puke-drooling, giggling beasts who sired you and then killed themselves in recognition of what they had done. I will never get over the embarrassment of belonging to the same species as you. You are a monster, an ogre, a malformity. I barf at the very thought of you. You have all the appeal of a paper cup. Lepers avoid you. You are vile, worthless, less than nothing. You are a weed, a fungus, the dregs of this earth.

And did I mention you smell? Try to edit your responses of unnecessary material before attempting to impress us with your insight. The evidence that you are a nincompoop will still be available to readers, but they will be able to access it more rapidly. You snail-skulled little rabbit. Would that a hawk pick you up, drive its beak into your brain, and upon finding it rancid set you loose to fly briefly before spattering the ocean rocks with the frothy pink shame of your ignoble blood. May you choke on the queasy, convulsing nausea of your own trite, foolish beliefs. You are weary, stale, flat and unprofitable. You are grimy, squalid, nasty and profane. You are foul and disgusting. You're a fool, an ignoramus. Monkeys look down on you. Even sheep won't have sex with you. You are unreservedly pathetic, starved for attention, and lost in a land that reality forgot.

And what meaning do you expect your delusionally self-important statements of unknowing, inexperienced opinion to have with us? What fantasy do you hold that you would believe that your tiny-fisted tantrums would have more weight than that of a leprous desert rat, spinning rabidly in a circle, waiting for the bite of the snake? You are a waste of flesh. You have no rhythm. You are ridiculous and obnoxious. You are the moral equivalent of a leech. You are a living emptiness, a meaningless void. Jejune*

You are sour and senile. You are a disease, you puerile, one-handed, slack-jawed, drooling, meatslapper. On a good day you're a half-wit. You remind me of drool. You are deficient in all that lends character. You have the personality of wallpaper. You are dank and filthy. You are asinine and benighted. You are the source of all unpleasantness. You spread misery and sorrow wherever you go. You smarmy lagerlout git. You bloody woofter sod.

B*gger off, pillock- you grotty, wanking oik. You artless, base-court apple-john. You clouted, boggish, foot-licking twit. You dankish, clack-dish plonker. You gormless, crook-pated tosser. You churlish, boil-brained, clotpole ponce.

You cockered, bum-bailey poofter. You craven, dewberry pisshead cockup pratting naff. You gob-kissing, gleeking, flap-mouthed coxcomb. You dread-bolted, fobbing, beef-witted, clapper-clawed, flirt-gill. You are a fiend and a coward, and you have bad breath. You are degenerate, noxious and depraved. I feel debased just for knowing you exist. I despise everything about you, and I wish you would go away. I cannot believe how incredibly stupid you are.

I mean rock-hard stupid. Dehydrated-rock-hard stupid. S-T-U-P-I-D! So stupid it goes way beyond the stupid we know into a whole different dimension of stupid. You are trans-stupid stupid. Meta-stupid. Stupid collapsed on itself so far that even the neutrons have collapsed. Stupid gotten so dense that no intellect can escape. Singularity stupid. Blazing hot mid-day sun on Mercury stupid. You emit more stupid in one second than our entire galaxy emits in a year. Quasar stupid. Your writing has to be a troll. Nothing in our universe can really be this stupid. Perhaps this is some primordial fragment from the original big bang of stupid. Some pure essence of a stupid so uncontaminated by anything else as to be beyond the laws of physics that we know. You are as appealing as a colostomy bag but twice as embarrassing.

I'm sorry. I can't go on. You are the epiphany of 'stupid'. After this, you may not hear from me again for a while. I don't have enough strength left to deride your ignorant questions and half- baked comments about unimportant trivia, or indeed, any of the rest of your drivel. Duh! Frankly, the only thing worse than your logic is your manners. I have snipped away most of what you wrote because it didn't add anything to the sum total of human knowledge- other than how to bore your audience. I would never tire of slapping your face.

Your attempt at constructing a creative post was pitiful. Maybe later in life, after you have learned to read, write, spell, and count, you will have more success. True, these are rudimentary skills that most "normal" people have no trouble mastering but we must make allowances for the mentally deficient.
We sometimes forget that there are "intellectually challenged" people in this world who find these things more difficult. If I had known in advance that you were one of these people I would never have read your post. It just wouldn't have been "right". Sort of like parking in a handicap space or gawping at a road accident.

I wish you all the very best in coping with the emotional, intellectual and social struggles that I know you face ahead.

Dirt bag.

This was the reply to this post when I first saw it.

"Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice letter. It was great to hear from you. I certainly feel that it is important that you express your feelings. Let me know when you get out of the institution and we'll do coffee."

* Look it up, lazy- I had to.

Cajun76
02-26-2004, 08:30 AM
http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif You know me personally!? http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Good hunting,
Cajun76

BaldieJr
02-26-2004, 10:31 AM
Define clack-dish plonker. Thanks!

______ _____
(, / ) /) /) , (, /
| / ( / ,' NR / |

</pre>

Franzen
02-26-2004, 10:40 AM
Ha ha ha ha, Baldie, I love your posts, especially the one with the hamburger. This one takes the cake. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif But I have to inform you that rhett69 is even more evil than you http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif. You guys crack me up, and it's free! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif. Please,.....don't quit doing that! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif. Oooops, my pants are wet and warm http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Fritz http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

BaldieJr
02-26-2004, 12:24 PM
What if this thread was interesting?

______ _____
(, / ) /) /) , (, /
| / ( / ,' NR / |

</pre>

arcadeace
02-26-2004, 12:32 PM
I strongly suggest the Mods lock this baby!

Some people are losing their nuts getting a grip http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-sad.gif http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

grinman
02-26-2004, 01:06 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BerkshireHunt:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by BaldieJr:

I disagree. Witness the nuclear weapon of forum abuse:

You swine. You vulgar little maggot. You worthless bag of filth. As we say in Texas, I'll bet you couldn't pour p!ss out of a boot with instructions on the heel. You are a canker. A purulent sore that won't go away. I would rather kiss a lawyer than be seen with you. You're a putrescent mass, a walking vomit. You are a spineless little worm deserving nothing but the profoundest contempt. You are a jerk, a cad, a weasel. Your life is a monument to stupidity. You are a poltroon and a mountebank. A poisonous charlatan.

You are a stench, a revulsion, a big suck on a sour lemon. You are a bleating foal, a curdled staggering mutant dwarf smeared richly with the effluvia and offal accompanying your alleged birth into this world. An insensate, blinking calf, meaningful to nobody, abandoned by the puke-drooling, giggling beasts who sired you and then killed themselves in recognition of what they had done. I will never get over the embarrassment of belonging to the same species as you. You are a monster, an ogre, a malformity. I barf at the very thought of you. You have all the appeal of a paper cup. Lepers avoid you. You are vile, worthless, less than nothing. You are a weed, a fungus, the dregs of this earth.

And did I mention you smell? Try to edit your responses of unnecessary material before attempting to impress us with your insight. The evidence that you are a nincompoop will still be available to readers, but they will be able to access it more rapidly. You snail-skulled little rabbit. Would that a hawk pick you up, drive its beak into your brain, and upon finding it rancid set you loose to fly briefly before spattering the ocean rocks with the frothy pink shame of your ignoble blood. May you choke on the queasy, convulsing nausea of your own trite, foolish beliefs. You are weary, stale, flat and unprofitable. You are grimy, squalid, nasty and profane. You are foul and disgusting. You're a fool, an ignoramus. Monkeys look down on you. Even sheep won't have sex with you. You are unreservedly pathetic, starved for attention, and lost in a land that reality forgot.

And what meaning do you expect your delusionally self-important statements of unknowing, inexperienced opinion to have with us? What fantasy do you hold that you would believe that your tiny-fisted tantrums would have more weight than that of a leprous desert rat, spinning rabidly in a circle, waiting for the bite of the snake? You are a waste of flesh. You have no rhythm. You are ridiculous and obnoxious. You are the moral equivalent of a leech. You are a living emptiness, a meaningless void. Jejune*

You are sour and senile. You are a disease, you puerile, one-handed, slack-jawed, drooling, meatslapper. On a good day you're a half-wit. You remind me of drool. You are deficient in all that lends character. You have the personality of wallpaper. You are dank and filthy. You are asinine and benighted. You are the source of all unpleasantness. You spread misery and sorrow wherever you go. You smarmy lagerlout git. You bloody woofter sod.

B*gger off, pillock- you grotty, wanking oik. You artless, base-court apple-john. You clouted, boggish, foot-licking twit. You dankish, clack-dish plonker. You gormless, crook-pated tosser. You churlish, boil-brained, clotpole ponce.

You cockered, bum-bailey poofter. You craven, dewberry pisshead cockup pratting naff. You gob-kissing, gleeking, flap-mouthed coxcomb. You dread-bolted, fobbing, beef-witted, clapper-clawed, flirt-gill. You are a fiend and a coward, and you have bad breath. You are degenerate, noxious and depraved. I feel debased just for knowing you exist. I despise everything about you, and I wish you would go away. I cannot believe how incredibly stupid you are.

I mean rock-hard stupid. Dehydrated-rock-hard stupid. S-T-U-P-I-D! So stupid it goes way beyond the stupid we know into a whole different dimension of stupid. You are trans-stupid stupid. Meta-stupid. Stupid collapsed on itself so far that even the neutrons have collapsed. Stupid gotten so dense that no intellect can escape. Singularity stupid. Blazing hot mid-day sun on Mercury stupid. You emit more stupid in one second than our entire galaxy emits in a year. Quasar stupid. Your writing has to be a troll. Nothing in our universe can really be this stupid. Perhaps this is some primordial fragment from the original big bang of stupid. Some pure essence of a stupid so uncontaminated by anything else as to be beyond the laws of physics that we know. You are as appealing as a colostomy bag but twice as embarrassing.

I'm sorry. I can't go on. You are the epiphany of 'stupid'. After this, you may not hear from me again for a while. I don't have enough strength left to deride your ignorant questions and half- baked comments about unimportant trivia, or indeed, any of the rest of your drivel. Duh! Frankly, the only thing worse than your logic is your manners. I have snipped away most of what you wrote because it didn't add anything to the sum total of human knowledge- other than how to bore your audience. I would never tire of slapping your face.

Your attempt at constructing a creative post was pitiful. Maybe later in life, after you have learned to read, write, spell, and count, you will have more success. True, these are rudimentary skills that most "normal" people have no trouble mastering but we must make allowances for the mentally deficient.
We sometimes forget that there are "intellectually challenged" people in this world who find these things more difficult. If I had known in advance that you were one of these people I would never have read your post. It just wouldn't have been "right". Sort of like parking in a handicap space or gawping at a road accident.

I wish you all the very best in coping with the emotional, intellectual and social struggles that I know you face ahead.

Dirt bag.

This was the reply to this post when I first saw it.

"Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice letter. It was great to hear from you. I certainly feel that it is important that you express your feelings. Let me know when you get out of the institution and we'll do coffee."

* Look it up, lazy- I had to.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>You are the one who is not the best!!!!

"Do you really want to get in that cramped cockpit and fly to the death?" quote from self.

BaldieJr
02-26-2004, 04:32 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by grinman:
You are the one who is not the best!!!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Instant classic. Be sure.

______ _____
(, / ) /) /) , (, /
| / ( / ,' NR / |

</pre>