PDA

View Full Version : (POLL) Who wants Jesper Kyd back for AC games? For the music...

Defalt221
03-11-2015, 01:06 PM
He made those brilliant music on AC2 and 1. He also worked on numerous other game musics like that dark music from Hitman Contracts and Blood money.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-11-2015, 03:46 PM
Had a thread like this already.

But yes, a lot of people do want Jesper Kyd back.

Shahkulu101
03-11-2015, 03:59 PM
No I don't want Kyd back for the music.

I want him back to voice the main protagonist. :rolleyes:

Namikaze_17
03-11-2015, 04:31 PM
He's not coming back.

Just move on... touches shoulder

But on a serious note, I don't mind Jesper. His music is pretty good, no denying that, but I can care less if he comes back or not.

I often get annoyed when his music is proclaimed as the "soul" of AC when all soundtracks/composers bring something to the table in my opinion.

Shahkulu101
03-11-2015, 04:38 PM
He's not coming back.

Just move on... touches shoulder

But on a serious note, I don't mind Jesper. His music is pretty good, no denying that, but I can care less if he comes back or not.

I often get annoyed when his music is proclaimed as the "soul" of AC when all soundtracks/composers bring something to the table in my opinion.

It's bc Jesper Kyd is OG, bruh.

Bastiaen
03-11-2015, 04:58 PM
Obviously I enjoyed Jesper Kyd's music. However, I've really enjoyed each of the composers they've chosen for the music. I actually think that Lorne Balfe did the best work with AC3's soundtrack. I trust that they will continue to write really great music. I absolutely love the themes from both Unity and Rogue, though I think that much of the supporting music from Rogue is significantly weaker.

JustPlainQuirky
03-11-2015, 05:37 PM
I dont like Jesper Kyd's music

yeah I said it.

Matknapers18
03-11-2015, 06:10 PM
I'd love Jesper Kyd back, but it seems pretty improbable that Ubi would actually hire him again. I think I'd want Brian Tyler back first. His AC4 ost was fantastic, severely underrated in my opinion. Bare in mind that Brian was working in the shadow of Pirates of the Caribbean, one of the most notorious soundtracks in modern film. Yet he still managed to create something that felt fresh and period specific as well as throwing the traditional assassin/stealthy elements in there as well. I feel that he deserves another chance to work on AC again in the future.

I'd love to see what he is capable of for Victorian London.

Xstantin
03-11-2015, 06:15 PM
Olivier Deriviere (Freedom Cry).

Bastiaen
03-11-2015, 07:41 PM
Olivier Deriviere (Freedom Cry).

I thought that Oliveir's work on Remember Me was massively superior to his Freedom Cry OST, though if he could bring the Remember Me feel to AC's modern day, I could really enjoy that.

Xstantin
03-11-2015, 08:29 PM
though if he could bring the Remember Me feel to AC's modern day, I could really enjoy that.

Same here. Just thought people gonna be more familiar with Freedom Cry since it's AC forums :). Remember Me had a great soundtrack imo

Democrito_71
03-11-2015, 10:50 PM
I don't want to Jesper Kyd to compose for future AC-games to be honest. I can agree that i made he made such great soundtrack for AC1, AC2, Brotherhood & Revelations and I feel such nostalgia hearing the old soundtracks. Although, I think(this is just my humble, baseless opinion) many fans would get disappointed if he composed an AC-soundtrack that doesn't match up to AC2. I prefer having a few new composer for each game and the recent ones(Lorne Balfe-AC3, Brian Tyler-Black Flag, Elitsa Alexandrova-Rogue, Chris Tilton and Sarah Schachner-Unity) made great soundtracks for their respective games(Well, some of Chris Tiltons soundtracks in Unity were bland but Sarah Schachner made many great soundtracks for Unity such as "Rather death than slavery").

My personal favorite composers for future AC-games are Marcin Przybylowicz & Percival Schuttenbach, the guys who makes The Witcher 3 soundtrack.
I really hope Ubisoft hire these guys, the soundtrack on video below would suit perfectly as ambient soundtrack for an AC-game.

Just take your time and listen to this, it will be worth your time :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC14RwSsyTA&list=PLKSMXztkBysjHFxy7qrOjeKZkgT8po_A-&index=3

DisbandedBox359
03-12-2015, 12:16 AM
Not another one of these :( He's not even that good
Don't get me wrong I liked everything Kyd done for AC but I'm sick of everything Ezio related getting sooo overrated
and personally Im of the opinion that including ACR and onwards has easily the best soundtracks ;)
I get that everyone loves that he had ambient tracks and some of the other games didn't but Balfe and the others wrote ambient tracks Ubisoft just decided not to use them and hey
the OST's may have got more epic sounding but maybe I'm a sucker for that :P

Namikaze_17
03-12-2015, 12:59 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YC14RwSsyTA&list=PLKSMXztkBysjHFxy7qrOjeKZkgT8po_A-&index=3

These guys...

Viking AC...

Now.

Now.

Now.

Now.

Now.

NOW DAMNIT!

Slams Desk

Sorrosyss
03-12-2015, 02:18 AM
I'd really welcome Jesper back. Alot of the motifs of the series were laid out by him, specifically the use of Taiko drums and cellos. I listen to the soundtracks often, and it is invariably his tracks that I enjoy the most. It's a great shame the later games have so little ambient tracks in the free roam, as some of the early stuff was just stunning. (City of Rome for example)

pirate1802
03-14-2015, 06:27 AM
No I don't want Kyd back for the music.

I want him back to voice the main protagonist. :rolleyes:

Assassins Creed: The Musical. All missions will consist of the protagonist singing with a harp.

I now want that to happen :eek:

Defalt221
03-18-2015, 01:01 PM
Need more votes for ubisoft to see it...

LtPowell22
03-26-2015, 11:28 PM
Hi guys,

I think we all can agree that Kyd had a really great influence in making ac1, 2, feel so good and enjoyable. Personally I loved his music for AC games. Made me live and feel the game.
I am not saying that the other composers didn't do a good job, because they actually did, but it felt like, I don't know, something was missing from that music ... something that Kyd for example didn't miss. :)
So YES I would really want to see Kyd back, because I think that he is a composer that doesn't just make good music, but brings emotion with it, which fits the AC franchise perfectly.

And a sample:

A fan made video that I found, (music by Jesper Kyd - Album Ultimatum)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBKAB-K83eQ

I mean come on, the guy is pretty damn good ...

LatinaC09
03-27-2015, 04:52 PM
Jesper Kyd and Lorne Balfe have been my favorites so far but the other soundtracks had there strong points as well. There was something about Jesper that made his music sound so mysterious and dark yet so beautiful. I think that's why many fans appreciate his music the most.

rrebe
03-27-2015, 07:03 PM
Kyd is good, but I prefer a new composer for every game, or at least not having the same composer for every game. I don't know, maybe I'm a bit afraid of the soundtracks sounding the same if they're all by the same composer.

Assassins Creed: The Musical. All missions will consist of the protagonist singing with a harp.

I now want that to happen :eek:

omg yes :eek: :rolleyes:

I-Like-Pie45
03-28-2015, 01:46 AM
No, four games of his generic techno babbling floreign woman is enough

ze_topazio
03-28-2015, 01:59 AM
It's not like he could be back for anything else.

pirate1802
03-28-2015, 09:41 PM
It's not like he could be back for anything else.

lawl

RinoTheBouncer
03-29-2015, 01:11 AM
Jesper Kyd and Lorne Balfe made the best music for AC. It's like they knew what AC felt like and portrayed that in their music, or perhaps since they were there from the start and stuck for a while, their style sort of defined the franchise.

Assassin's Creed: Revelations soundtrack is absolutely epic. It's actually something you can listen to on your iPod and not just in-game.

rprkjj
03-29-2015, 05:22 AM
Jesper Kyd produced imo the best soundtracks in the series (AC2-ACR), so yes, I do want him back. Unity's soundtrack was a bit meh for me, and I only liked 1 or 2 songs from AC3 while the whole of AC4's soudntrack was just forgettable to me. I think Jesper has the best shot at producing a same-level or even better quality soundtrack if he were given another AC game to compose for. Music plays a lot into the nostalgia and memory I have of a game, and I'd really like to see what Kyd would do with a vastly different setting from the renaissance, like ancient China.

EmptyCrustacean
03-29-2015, 09:35 PM
No. His style worked for the Ezio games but you could tell he was running out of steam by Revelations. Time to bring in some fresh blood who can breathe new life into the music.
AC3 had a lovely theme for Connor (Connor's Life) and I love "Eye of the Storm".
AC4 had good stealth music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Fp-XEF2hic
Unity had some good menu music but there wasn't enough music in-game.