PDA

View Full Version : Change Voice Folder

pcsim
03-31-2004, 12:31 PM
Hi, I am a newbie and just got IL2-FB, how do you change the voice folder from?? to English, I have the Eng folder on my puta but cannot see a way to change.
Thanks

pcsim
03-31-2004, 12:31 PM
Hi, I am a newbie and just got IL2-FB, how do you change the voice folder from?? to English, I have the Eng folder on my puta but cannot see a way to change.
Thanks

Rebel_Yell_21
03-31-2004, 12:52 PM
You just need to copy the US (or GB if you prefer British) wav folder and rename the copy DE (Deutsch=German) or RU (Russian) after having renamed the original wav file something like DE_orig or whatever you prefer.

http://www.flyvintage.com/img/backdrops/p-51d_big_beautiful_doll/thumb.jpg

Nealg
03-31-2004, 01:01 PM
Hi pcsim;

If you want to change another country's voices to a different language, first, go to your main FB folder, then look for a sub-folder called 'Samples'. Under this, there should be a folder called 'Speech' ; on my PC it would look like this:

C:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles\samples\Speech

In this Speech folder are several sub-folders, one each for the Nations represented in FB. How many you have will depend on which version you are patched up to. Under each Nation, you will see several more folders, labelled 'Actor 1', Actor 2', and so on ( 9 total, I think ).

To replace the voices with another, you simply copy all the 'Actor #' files from the folder containing the language you want, and paste them into the folder of the language you wish to replace ( allow it to overwrite, but make sure you have a backup of the replaced voices...the original ver 1.0 files are on the CD, but some patches placed new ones....back those up. They are large files, but you never know when you might need the originals back. ).

Remember - don't replace the Nation's folder, just the Actors' folders. Example: I want to replace the Russian voices with the US english voices. First, I open the US folder in the Speech folder: then I select all the Actor folders under the US folder and then select 'Copy' ( not Cut ). Next, I go to the RUS folder under Speech, highlight it, right click and select 'Paste'....it will ask if I want to overwrite existing files, I answer 'Yes To All'. It will take a few minutes, due to the size of the files.

Done. Now, if I fly a USSR campaign offline, I will get the US english voices.

Hope this helps, and that I explained it ok.

Edit: I just saw Rebel_Yell's post....that will work, also. I do it this way, though, to keep the size of my FB install down. If disk space isn't a factor, his way is easier.

NealG