PDA

View Full Version : Classic Multi-player

claytonhux
03-11-2015, 03:16 AM
Not sure if more people prefer CO-OP over the classic multi-player but I still believe that they should bring it back, I loved Playing the Assassination game mode because it added a challenge by needing to discover who each person is instead of just giving you a target, and now everyone plays ACU instead of AC4 so I cant play it anymore but I really want to, so I hope they pay attention to this and consider adding classic multi-player back.

SixKeys
03-11-2015, 03:52 AM
Not sure what platform you're on, but AC4 multiplayer is still quite active on PC. Not all modes are equally popular though.

playlisting
03-11-2015, 06:25 AM
For AC Victory I'd prefer them to remove co-op altogether along with all the companion app stuff. In the old games (well I say old - every AC before Unity is what I mean) you were placed firmly within Assassin's Creed's world. When you turned on that console and put on your headset it was like going back in time especially if you play without the HUD as I do. Plundering ships in the Caribbean, investing in shops in Italy, hunting animals in the US frontier, and then with Unity... opening up god knows how many chests and spending real dough on in-game currency. It's like the game's saying

"HELLO! Hi! How's the day going? Good, good, just to remind you this IS a video game, so don't get too immersed in the game world, okay? Okay, thanks, I'll be back to remind you again in 5 minutes."

Remember to read the above in Shaun's voice.

I might be wrong - I haven't gotten past sequence 4 yet and haven't played since patch 2 - so there might be different ways of making money. Plus I think the companion app stuff was resolved too but I'm not sure. What is written above is just what I was thinking sometimes while playing it.

ze_topazio
03-11-2015, 03:19 PM
I'm sure competitive multiplayer will eventually return one day.

Aftermath1231
03-11-2015, 06:26 PM
I think competitive multiplayer has had a well needed break, it was getting really stale and outdated. It was still using the same engine from ACB meaning the MP and SP were pretty much two different games. I think it'll be back some day.