PDA

View Full Version : AC Rogue DirectX 10?

TorQue1988
03-10-2015, 05:38 PM
Can a mod please confirm or deny if Assassin's Creed Rogue supports DirectX 10 cards?
I've seen conflicting reports so far, for example on Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/app/311560/) it says "DirectX: Version 10" although the minimum graphics cards are all DX 11.
So which is it?

seville57
03-10-2015, 07:12 PM
Can a mod please confirm or deny if Assassin's Creed Rogue supports DirectX 10 cards?
I've seen conflicting reports so far, for example on Steam (http://store.steampowered.com/app/311560/) it says "DirectX: Version 10" although the minimum graphics cards are all DX 11.
So which is it?I got the game today (on disc/s not installed yet), on the backside of my DVD case:

Minimum PC Configuration:

Nvidia GTS 450 (DirectX 11).

DirectX: DirectX June 2010 Redstributable.

NebachadnezzaR
03-10-2015, 08:28 PM
The system requirements are a lie. It clearly states that the game runs on DX10, but everyone with a DX10 card, even ones that are more powerful than the minimum required cards (as is my case) have met immediate crashes to desktop when trying to play the game. In fact, if you open the game's configuration file (AssassinRogue.ini) the very first line mentions DX11.

What's the deal then, Ubisoft? Will you at least release a patch to fix this, or are we just out of luck?

TorQue1988
03-10-2015, 09:16 PM
The system requirements are a lie. It clearly states that the game runs on DX10, but everyone with a DX10 card, even ones that are more powerful than the minimum required cards (as is my case) have met immediate crashes to desktop when trying to play the game. In fact, if you open the game's configuration file (AssassinRogue.ini) the very first line mentions DX11.

What's the deal then, Ubisoft? Will you at least release a patch to fix this, or are we just out of luck?
Thanks for the heads up, I won't be buying the game any time soon then, at least not until I get a new PC, which shouldn't be for at least a few more months...

Can we please get an official clarification on the matter? Why the confusing requirements? Will there be a patch for this or what?

Anykeyer
03-11-2015, 09:03 AM
Game should run on DX10 hardware but it needs DX11 runtime (at least windows 7 and newest drivers) to do so.
But if your GPU only supports DX10 chances are its too weak for comfortable fps

NebachadnezzaR
03-11-2015, 12:58 PM
But if your GPU only supports DX10 chances are its too weak for comfortable fpsThat's not necessarily true, my gpu for example (HD4890) easily beats both the GTS 450 and the HD5670 listed as the minimum requirements.

That being said, I do have DX up to date (just confirmed that dxdiag shows DX11) and the game still doesn't work. I can't get newer drivers since my card has been discontinued for some time.

LikeICarehah
03-11-2015, 02:09 PM
and still no response from Ubisoft...

DevilmanAltair
03-11-2015, 02:48 PM
So anyone found out?

LikeICarehah
03-11-2015, 04:49 PM
So anyone found out?

all i found out that more and more people on DX10 Cards cant run it.. heh.

TorQue1988
03-12-2015, 06:41 PM
Still no official answer from Ubisoft? Ugh...

LikeICarehah
03-13-2015, 11:59 AM
Still no official answer from Ubisoft? Ugh...

seems like they really dont wanna answer that.. i guess one more fail..

TorQue1988
03-14-2015, 11:50 AM
seems like they really dont wanna answer that.. i guess one more fail..
Yeah, they don't give a crap about their community...

Mr_Shade
03-14-2015, 11:59 AM
Game should run on DX10 hardware but it needs DX11 runtime (at least windows 7 and newest drivers) to do so.
But if your GPU only supports DX10 chances are its too weak for comfortable fps

This is my understanding too - however it does not override the requirements as published.

If you meet the minimum requirements you should be fine - they are what's important - assuming you have the latest drivers.

If you do meet the requirements - and are having issues, please contact support.

TorQue1988
03-14-2015, 04:18 PM
This is my understanding too - however it does not override the requirements as published.

If you meet the minimum requirements you should be fine - they are what's important - assuming you have the latest drivers.

If you do meet the requirements - and are having issues, please contact support.
Can you please give us something official from the devs and not a guess or "understanding"? Lots of people with decent directx 10 cards are complaining that the game crashes immediately on start, and these system requirements make no sense whatsoever.
Why is it so hard to get a proper answer?

Mr_Shade
03-14-2015, 04:22 PM
Can you please give us something official from the devs and not a guess or "understanding"? Lots of people with decent directx 10 cards are complaining that the game crashes immediately on start, and these system requirements make no sense whatsoever.
Why is it so hard to get a proper answer?

I will check - however as posted - you should go by the official requirements as posted by Ubisoft on it's own sites - these would be the correct information - if you are using cards not listed as being supported, then you may have issues.

You need a DX11 capable card to run the game.

This is why all of the requirements point to DX11 cards.

I will inform the team about the misunderstanding due to the listing of DX10 in Steam.

TorQue1988
03-14-2015, 07:49 PM
I will check - however as posted - you should go by the official requirements as posted by Ubisoft on it's own sites - these would be the correct information - if you are using cards not listed as being supported, then you may have issues.

I will inform the team about the misunderstanding due to the listing of DX10 in Steam.
OK, thanks for the answer.
I guess I won't be playing the game any time soon...

NebachadnezzaR
03-15-2015, 12:17 PM

I will inform the team about the misunderstanding due to the listing of DX10 in Steam.Well, thanks for clarifying that, even though that just makes me lose the little respect I had gained for Ubisoft after the Unity fiasco. I mean, why the hell would they move from dx10 to 11 if it uses the same engine from Black Flag, which by the way ran absolutely fine on my pc? And then still insist it uses dx10 everywhere (not just steam, but boxed copies to apparently)? Didn't they notice something weird about having only dx11 cards listed as the minimum specs? Thanks for making me believe I could run this game. And before you say I was naive by thinking that I could run it, plenty of games do run on dx10 despite mentioning dx11 cards as minimum requirements, like the recent Grow Home (also by Ubi) and run absolutely fine on my card. I had no reason to believe it would be otherwise with Rogue.

Stay classy, Ubisoft. Stay classy.

YazX_
03-15-2015, 02:36 PM
DX is backward compatible BUT the game code itself should specify which DX versions to target, having DX11 runtime DOESNT mean it works on DX10 or earlier by default, no one can answer this question except the devs since they are the ones who defined the targeted DX versions when they created this game.

However, since there is some conflicts between steam and boxed version, i would recommend to wait until you guys get an official response about it.

Well, thanks for clarifying that, even though that just makes me lose the little respect I had gained for Ubisoft after the Unity fiasco. I mean, why the hell would they move from dx10 to 11 if it uses the same engine from Black Flag, which by the way ran absolutely fine on my pc? And then still insist it uses dx10 everywhere (not just steam, but boxed copies to apparently)? Didn't they notice something weird about having only dx11 cards listed as the minimum specs? Thanks for making me believe I could run this game. And before you say I was naive by thinking that I could run it, plenty of games do run on dx10 despite mentioning dx11 cards as minimum requirements, like the recent Grow Home (also by Ubi) and run absolutely fine on my card. I had no reason to believe it would be otherwise with Rogue.

Stay classy, Ubisoft. Stay classy.

DX11 has been around for almost 5 years, so any hardware prior to that is outdated, unfortunately this is PC and things work like this, hardware gets outdated after some time since the technology is moving very fast but 5 years is a fair amount of time to upgrade, however, there are too many factors to take when saying ITS SAME ENGINE, you cannot assume its the same engine by just how the game looks, game engines take tremendous amount of time and effort to create and update and any company will keep updating their engines to be at least on par with latest tech.

Abhinand.s.nath
09-25-2015, 03:30 PM
That's right...but i've a solution to run rogue on dx10 gpu ....my advice is to download microsoft (sdk) SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT KIT for windows 8..just install & download(1.17 gb)
it does'nt matter if it's a windows 7 operating system...after finishing the download .type dxcpf in run..and add the acc.exe in to it ..aplly it ..Hundred % tested..but it lags for sure.

Abhinand.s.nath
09-25-2015, 03:41 PM
MY PC meets the min.sys requirements....But i've got dx10 support gpu.My system specifications are as follows..

2gb RAM

INTEL DUAL CORE PROCESSOR .3.0GHZ

NVIDIA GEFORCE 210 1GB DDR3

WINDOWS 7 64 BIT OPERATING SYSTEM..

can any one help? .

Jessigirl2013
09-25-2015, 05:48 PM
I wouldn't know.. Unity made me get rid of my DX10 card. :rolleyes:

If people are experiencing crashes on DX10 cards then doesn't that answer your question?