PDA

View Full Version : Rogue. Only russian language available on rus steam.

Barlog06
03-09-2015, 11:54 PM
Ok, I preordered a game on steam. There wasn't any note that I would not able to play it in english, It was said that all langueges will be available. But now what I see? Russian language only. I chose "english" in steam options, but again, nothing. Only russian.
Come on, Ubisoft. I played Black Flag in english and I bought Rogue on steam to play it in english as well. Please give us opportunity to do that!
Why you like to do that so much? Is this so hard to just include all languages from the beginning.

Alphacos007
03-09-2015, 11:58 PM
The Russian store page states that the game only contains russian language. That is made so that people that aren't from russia won't buy the russian version, because it is much cheaper than any other place. If you wanted to play in english, you should had bought the worldwide version (which is much expensiver).

Barlog06
03-10-2015, 12:12 AM
The Russian store page states that the game only contains russian language.
Well, in steam where I bought the game, I can see that in AC Unity's page, that is only available on russian. But nothing like that in Rogue. And everything was ok before, I could play from AC1 to Black Flag in english. If I knew it before I would buy worldwide version. Though, I guess it's too late now.
Same thing was with Unity. There were no "rus only" state while it was on preorder. They added it after release.

Here. There is a note in Unity, but nothing in Rogue:

http://s018.radikal.ru/i524/1503/59/3b398e8e7160.png

http://s014.radikal.ru/i329/1503/4b/a5549f498566.png

Or is this steam failure... dunno.

pajarskiukas
03-10-2015, 08:31 AM
http://i58.tinypic.com/28veiwz.jpg

Sdwakias
03-10-2015, 08:45 AM
Well, in steam where I bought the game, I can see that in AC Unity's page, that is only available on russian. But nothing like that in Rogue. And everything was ok before, I could play from AC1 to Black Flag in english. If I knew it before I would buy worldwide version. Though, I guess it's too late now.
Same thing was with Unity. There were no "rus only" state while it was on preorder. They added it after release.

Here. There is a note in Unity, but nothing in Rogue:

http://s018.radikal.ru/i524/1503/59/3b398e8e7160.png

http://s014.radikal.ru/i329/1503/4b/a5549f498566.png

Or is this steam failure... dunno.

THIS is why you buy games of YOUR region. Heck, this is why you shouldn't buy from the Russian store if you don't know Russian. It's not Ubisoft's fault, it is Steam's. Has happened in so many damn games in the past.

Blueknight89
03-10-2015, 09:26 AM
stick with russian , next time don buy from steam if u want english. Buy from site like amazon , gmg for world wide key

Anatoliuss
03-10-2015, 09:30 AM
THIS is why you buy games of YOUR region. Heck, this is why you shouldn't buy from the Russian store if you don't know Russian. It's not Ubisoft's fault, it is Steam's. Has happened in so many damn games in the past.

This has nothing to do with Russian store. I'm in Ukraine and i'm buying from Ukrainian store and this crap happens to 3rd or 4th Ubi's AAA release already, since Watch Dogs. I know Russian but I want to play in English, stop shoving Russian down my throat against my will Ubisoft >-<

Anatoliuss
03-10-2015, 09:36 AM
Theres also a petition on this issue, sign it OP.
https://www.change.org/p/ubisoft-stop-language-lock-your-games-for-russia-and-cis-countries

Barlog06
03-10-2015, 12:13 PM

I am russian. And thats why I bought the game in my region. I just hate the localization thats all. And It was ok for me with all previous AC games on steam.

OF-2
03-11-2015, 03:21 AM
You handed over control of your computer to an intrusive spy-/malware and are surprised by the result? This has been a widespread issue since the first "steam-powered" games appeared on the market. Steam mainly serves two purposes. First to kill the second hand software market and secondly to prevent inter region sale of software to take advantage of price differences. Buy a "steam" game for example in Singapore, try to install it back home in letīs say the UK and Steam will give you the finger. On the other hand, as a copy protection Steam is useless as their pathetic code was hacked within a few days of its first appearance.

Here in Bangkok you can buy any "steam protected" software as cracked versions at ridiculously low prices. In fact, it is a lot more difficult for me to find a shop selling genuine games, as counterfeit software is sold openly in shopping malls and open markets, so anyone who can live with bugs and frequent CTDīs which sadly have become the norm in newly released PC games can avoid all the "steam" related hassles.

I can accept uplay, but this is as far as I am willing to go.

Anatoliuss
03-11-2015, 01:09 PM
You handed over control of your computer to an intrusive spy-/malware and are surprised by the result? This has been a widespread issue since the first "steam-powered" games appeared on the market. Steam mainly serves two purposes. First to kill the second hand software market and secondly to prevent inter region sale of software to take advantage of price differences. Buy a "steam" game for example in Singapore, try to install it back home in letīs say the UK and Steam will give you the finger. On the other hand, as a copy protection Steam is useless as their pathetic code was hacked within a few days of its first appearance.

Here in Bangkok you can buy any "steam protected" software as cracked versions at ridiculously low prices. In fact, it is a lot more difficult for me to find a shop selling genuine games, as counterfeit software is sold openly in shopping malls and open markets, so anyone who can live with bugs and frequent CTDīs which sadly have become the norm in newly released PC games can avoid all the "steam" related hassles.

I can accept uplay, but this is as far as I am willing to go.

The only sad thing that Uplay applies the same policy to CIS and Baltics countries. Its Ubisofts sad decision - to force language lock on a number of countries that dont even have Russian language as their state language. All AAA titles are restricted to Russian since Watch Dogs, and the only available option to play them legally in English is to trade with foreign users on Steam for a copy bought outside of this Ubisoft-enforced cultural ghetto. On Uplay we dont have such an option.

D-Kruger
03-11-2015, 02:20 PM
[comment removed]

Mr_Shade
03-11-2015, 02:24 PM
Guys,

The issue has been reported - as soon as I have any information I will post it.

Just a reminder that discussing piracy - for any reason - is against the forum rules.

[Update] - Steam have now updated the RU store page with the correct information - sorry for any inconvenience caused.