PDA

View Full Version : Suspicious Elise being suspicious

tommo256
03-09-2015, 09:40 PM
Anyone else left wondering what was with the whole "I can't hang around I need to do something/got somewhere to be" thing that Elise seemed to say in every mission with her? I thought for sure it was leading somewhere. I was under the impression her allies were all dead, yet she always seemed to be doing something behind the scenes or having secret meetings with someone. And for that matter why she sounded so god damn suspicious after Mirabeau's death?

Xangr8
03-09-2015, 11:06 PM
Read the novel. It tells you what she actually does at the time :)

EmptyCrustacean
03-09-2015, 11:42 PM

Could you let me know what she did in spoiler tags? I will not buy anything related to Unity's *ahem* "story" but I am curious as to what was cut out.

RADAR__4077
03-10-2015, 03:40 AM
Could you let me know what she did in spoiler tags? I will not buy anything related to Unity's *ahem* "story" but I am curious as to what was cut out.

I second this.

Xangr8
03-10-2015, 11:01 PM

A historical figure's death ;)

EmptyCrustacean
03-10-2015, 11:51 PM
A historical figure's death ;)

Could you just say what it is or direct us to a full summary of the book? I've heard Unity sympathisers saying "it's better in the novel!"
But when you ask them to list examples they draw a blank.

historagamer24
03-11-2015, 02:20 AM
Just more failed potential with the game and her character.

historagamer24
03-11-2015, 02:22 AM

I shouldn't have to read a book to fill in gaps that the game should have filled.

Xangr8
03-11-2015, 10:58 PM
Could you just say what it is or direct us to a full summary of the book? I've heard Unity sympathisers saying "it's better in the novel!"
But when you ask them to list examples they draw a blank.

Okay so what happens in the book is:

Elise is leading a happy life with her family in their mansion in Versailles, one day they are visited by a family affiliated with the English Templars, their daughter asks Elise if her parents told her about it yet. Elise is confused and all. Later when she and her mother are in Paris, shopping, they are attacked by Assassins, her mother defends her daughter and herself, one of the Assassins survives and flees. They go back home and tell others of what happened. Then Elise is told about the Order at the age of 8, perhaps and starts getting training in fencing by Mr. Weatherall.

Then like a month or so later, Arno becomes her step-brother, Arno is not actually treated as his son by M. De la Serre and is not so close to Mme. De la Serre. Then Elise fills the void for Arno created by the death of his father.

Later, Elise is sent to a boarding school from where she wrote letters to Arno and they both actually loved each other. And yes, both are in their late teens around this time, Elise's father tells her that Arno actually is from an Assassin lineage and has a gift and tells her to convert him into a Templar or he will do it himself before the Assassins get to him. (I actually don't have a very strong memory so bear with me :P)

Well, then Elise goes to England to get the letters written by Haytham Kenway to his sister Jennifer which are sought by both Assassins and Templars (This is where it starts getting really epic.) So she goes in there and stays with Jennifer at Queen Anne's Square as a guest under the alias of Yvonne Albertine. She talks to Jen to eventually convice her to get the letters. Many others before Elise tried this mission but failed, all she knew was that she had hidden them some place safe. Well eventually her disguise doesn't hold up and Jen ends up giving her the letters in hope of forming an alliance between the Assassins and Templars. (That was what was in the letters, Haytham talked about an alliance between the two) And Jennifer also gives her the Templar necklace which Haytham gave to her but she refused to get involved in this fight between the Assassins and Templars as it had already claimed the life of her father and her brother. So, after this (remember those English Templars in the beginning?) Elise goes and stays at their house and tells them about this. They sternly tell Elise to hand them the letters and Elise reluctantly does so, then saying that a future Grand Master of French Templars having dreams of an alliance between the two is not practical, toss the letters into the fireplace. But unknown to the English Tempalrs they were the letters written by Arno to Elise during her time at the boarding school (This is so freaking badass) and Haytham's letters are safely with Elise. Then an epic fight ensues between Elise, Mr Weatherall and the English Templars, the duo flees from England after Elise kills their daughter (remember the one who asks Elise if her parents told her about it.) knowing that they will have their revenge.

So, Elise returns back to France along with Mr. Weatherall and this is happens during the time of the Estate General Meeting and then the ball and all and then the death of M. De la Serre. Then technically it's all the story of AC Unity with Elise scooping around here and there.

And yep, when Elise is betrayed by her Order, it's Germain who sends a message to Elise as Lafreniere, Elise knows that Lafreniere is still loyal to the De la Serres goes to meet him unknown to the fact that he's been assassinated by Arno and is ambush there, then it's all the AC Unity story.

Phew. My hands are aching :P