PDA

View Full Version : AC Community Podcast | ft. Farlander1991 & Dev_Anj

Fatal-Feit
03-09-2015, 01:32 PM
The next episode of the AC Community Podcast will be recorded next Sunday and uploaded on either the following Tuesday or Wednesday (will try keep all of you up to speed on editing progress via forums & twitter).

Let's all thank SixKeys and Dev_Anj for joining us this episode.

http://i.imgur.com/UeVoT47.jpg

Our first episode, which you can find by clicking here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjNblF-Jr4k), took a lot of time and preparations and we're quite proud of all the positive feedback we got from it. Thank you, guys. Not only for the feedback, but for all of your support. Lessons have been learned, and we promise to improve.

I want to make these podcasts a normal thing and that includes a thread like this the week before each episode. Besides discussions on future podcast episodes and/or words of encouragement, you guys are free to post suggestions for topics, tips for improvement, and even requests to be a guest on future episodes.

These podcast are made for the community, by the community. Everyone here is a part of its progress.

The_Kiwi_
03-09-2015, 02:04 PM
What you should do is get one guest from each podcast to cohost the next episode

Mr.Black24
03-12-2015, 06:07 AM
Sweet dude! And here I was just going to ask about the next episode!

Xangr8
03-12-2015, 12:13 PM
At last I was able to take out some time to listen to the first episode. And I did love it! However, I'd suggest working on the audio quality.

SixKeys
03-12-2015, 01:00 PM
What you should do is get one guest from each podcast to cohost the next episode

That's a pretty good idea, though it would depend on everyone's schedules.

The_Kiwi_
03-12-2015, 01:49 PM
That's a pretty good idea

http://ih0.redbubble.net/image.12062126.7744/sticker,375x360.png

though it would depend on everyone's schedules.

At least there are two guests per episode, double the chance of getting one of them to cohost the next episode

pacmanate
03-12-2015, 02:03 PM
Love these podcasts! It actually inspired me to have a 2.5-3 hours chat with Rino about the franchise a week or so ago haha

Namikaze_17
03-12-2015, 02:09 PM
Awesome, can't wait guys! :cool:

I'd like that. Though it would depend on everyone's schedules.

Post script: Your Sig makes me sad, Six... :(

And to anyone curious, yes I intentionally put "Post Script" of "P.s" because of how funny Connor says it in the Aveline DLC mission.

Haha, second best line behind "oh...OH."

Fatal-Feit
03-12-2015, 03:44 PM
If a mod may change the title to --> AC Community Podcast | ft. SixKeys & Dev_Anj <-- , I'd appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

So as of recent, there's been some changes. SixKeys have replaced Farlander1991 as special guest and NerdieBeauty will return for co-hosting.

At last I was able to take out some time to listen to the first episode. And I did love it! However, I'd suggest working on the audio quality.

I'll pick up a good mic if this podcast becomes more popular in the future.

Sweet dude! And here I was just going to ask about the next episode!

Sorry about that! I had this thread up on Monday but it accidentally got removed w/ the spam.

That's a brilliant idea, but the thing is, the co-host is suppose to be someone w/ experience who I can rely on to help w/ the show. Changing the co-host every episode is troublesome because I'll be changing schedules and tutoring someone new every week.

JustPlainQuirky
03-12-2015, 03:48 PM
im with fatal on this one

having consistent hosts is important

otherwise the cohosts would just be just as new and important as the guests and the guests shouldnt be undermined

i wanted to hear sixkeys as a guest anyway

Sushiglutton
03-12-2015, 07:06 PM
Awesome, looking forward to it! Have you decided on a theme as Darby suggested?

JustPlainQuirky
03-12-2015, 07:13 PM
i scrolled too fast and read "have you decided on a Darby theme?" and was mildly confused

Sushiglutton
03-12-2015, 07:20 PM
Haha, you should def host a Darby-themed episode quirky!

Matknapers18
03-12-2015, 07:23 PM
Good stuff. Im looking forward to it!

If you need suggestions for topics, perhaps you guys could talk about Victory speculation and expectations? That would be pretty neat. There's also been a lot of talk about soundtrack composers on the forums recently, so if you're looking for topics, that could be quite fitting. Just suggestions!

SixKeys
03-12-2015, 07:29 PM
Is Darby following these things? What did he suggest?

(senpai noticed us)

As much as I'm honored to be this week's guest, I do hope Farlander can join in some other time.

JustPlainQuirky
03-12-2015, 07:31 PM
Assassin_M linked him the podcast episode. he just suggested some music

its in his tweets

Fatal-Feit
03-13-2015, 05:01 AM
Assassin_M linked him the podcast episode. he just suggested some music

its in his tweets

F me. Must have missed them. D=

Good stuff. Im looking forward to it!

If you need suggestions for topics, perhaps you guys could talk about Victory speculation and expectations? That would be pretty neat. There's also been a lot of talk about soundtrack composers on the forums recently, so if you're looking for topics, that could be quite fitting. Just suggestions!

Awesome!

I was planning on making this week's episode about the soundtrack since both Dev and Farlander are very sensual regarding music.

Awesome, looking forward to it! Have you decided on a theme as Darby suggested?

I don't know what he meant by theme. A music intro?

As much as I'm honored to be this week's guest, I do hope Farlander can join in some other time.

Me as well, but it's unfortunately not possible. At least for some time, I hope.

Fatal-Feit
03-14-2015, 08:53 AM
UPDATE: We're thinking of changing the name of this podcast. Any ideas?

JustPlainQuirky
03-14-2015, 03:09 PM
Why? It's pretty straight forward as it is.

Mr.Black24
03-14-2015, 04:52 PM
Agreed, it looks fine. Don't see the need in my book.

Sushiglutton
03-14-2015, 05:47 PM
I don't know what he meant by theme. A music intro?

Oooh perhapst that's what he meant? Never mind then :).

Fatal-Feit
03-14-2015, 07:18 PM
It's plain and vaguely pretentious, IMO. We should spice it up. SixKeys suggested The Observatory. Because we make observations on the franchise. =P

Hans684
03-14-2015, 08:30 PM
It's plain and vaguely pretentious, IMO. We should spice it up. SixKeys suggested The Observatory. Because we make observations on the franchise. =P

Not a bad name, can't think of any other fiting. Maybe "The Watch" but it's not as in to the lore as The Obsevatory.

Mr.Black24
03-14-2015, 11:19 PM
The pic says
SixKeys and Dev_Anj

but title says
ft. Farlander1991 andDev_Anj

Wait a minute....

JustPlainQuirky
03-15-2015, 12:57 AM
i dont see how its pretentious as much as it is straight forward

it allows people to tell what it is just by title alone

tbh podcasts like killconnorclub or that one on reddit annoy me because its hard to tell from first glance what its about

but if yall wanna change it sure

i just prefer the current one. 1000% better IMO

Mr.Black24
03-15-2015, 02:10 AM
i dont see how its pretentious as much as it is straight forward

it allows people to tell what it is just by title alone

tbh podcasts like killconnorclub or that one on reddit annoy me because its hard to tell from first glance what its about

but if yall wanna change it sure

i just prefer the current one. 1000% better IMO
Ewwwww what the hell? Ezio fanboys?

Namikaze_17
03-15-2015, 02:19 AM
Haha, and you said they aren't acknowledged fatal....

Pay up! XD

Ewwwww what the hell? Ezio fanboys?

Who knows or cares. Their name is the only thing that's entertaining. XD

But seriously, they're really nothing.

Mr.Black24
03-15-2015, 02:24 AM
Who knows or cares. Their name is the only thing that's entertaining. XD

But seriously, they're really nothing.
I know that, hence why I typed my last post with a big **** eating grin on my face. Like seriously brah....that podcast name:rolleyes:

Matknapers18
03-15-2015, 04:56 AM
I know that, hence why I typed my last post with a big **** eating grin on my face. Like seriously brah....that podcast name:rolleyes:

Its hosted by the same kid who just snapped his copy of AC Unity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYagO9p2PW4
"AC fan" apparently.

Namikaze_17
03-15-2015, 05:02 AM
^ Surprised he didn't lit it on fire...

And "hate"- a term used so loosely in this community.

Fatal-Feit
03-15-2015, 05:54 AM
Its hosted by the same kid who just snapped his copy of AC Unity.

"AC fan" apparently.

I'm glad I unsubbed to him. I was originally a fan because he's quick w/ AC news, but every time he expresses his opinion on something, I threw up. ''I wish more games would be like AC2, it was perfect.'' ''Ezio fought for the Creed and everything.'' ''The newer ACs are fake. AC3 is Native American's Creed, Black Flag is Pirate's Creed, and Liberation is Slave's Creed.'' ''I want the franchise to go back to the time where it was about ASSASSIN'S CREED.'' Ehuheuhehuehuehue.

Haha, and you said they aren't acknowledged fatal....

Pay up! XD

To be fair, I'm on the one who introduced that podcast so everyone here. :p

Namikaze_17
03-15-2015, 06:04 AM
To be fair, I'm on the one who introduced that podcast so everyone here. :p

I still want my money... :/

AC3 is Native American's Creed, Black Flag is Pirate's Creed, and Liberation is Slave's Creed.'' ''I want the franchise to go back to the time where it was about ASSASSIN'S CREED.''

Haha.

The last one is racist though... :/

Mr.Black24
03-15-2015, 07:47 AM
Haha.

The last one is racist though... :/

I'm glad I unsubbed to him. I was originally a fan because he's quick w/ AC news, but every time he expresses his opinion on something, I threw up. ''I wish more games would be like AC2, it was perfect.'' ''Ezio fought for the Creed and everything.'' ''The newer ACs are fake. AC3 is Native American's Creed, Black Flag is Pirate's Creed, and Liberation is Slave's Creed.'' ''I want the franchise to go back to the time where it was about ASSASSIN'S CREED.'' Ehuheuhehuehuehue.

Call me aggressive, but now I have another new reason to the list that I want our podcast to be so big and so popular for the community. I want it to overshadow that excuse of a fan podcast and just make it disappear into darkness. I just don't want that podcast to exist anymore its that bad. Especially for that racist remark.

But meh, in the end, they ain't nothin.

Sushiglutton
03-15-2015, 02:45 PM
I think the Observatory is a cool name if you decide to change :)!

JustPlainQuirky
03-15-2015, 04:21 PM
The Observatory just sounds too specific

yknow since its only been relevant in like 1 game

but whatever floats boats i guess

Shahkulu101
03-15-2015, 04:32 PM
I see no need for a change, the current name is staright to the point and self-explanatory. It's the opposite of pretentious IMO.

The podcast doesn't need a unique or fancy name, it just has to explain what it is. If you're going to change it maybe put 'forum' in the podcast instead of 'community' because the former is a little more specific and descriptive.

JustPlainQuirky
03-15-2015, 04:35 PM
I agree with Shahk.

The 'fancy' podcast names always annoyed me and came off as 'yeah we're cool'

but thats just me

Fatal-Feit
03-15-2015, 04:46 PM
Call me aggressive, but now I have another new reason to the list that I want our podcast to be so big and so popular for the community. I want it to overshadow that excuse of a fan podcast and just make it disappear into darkness. I just don't want that podcast to exist anymore its that bad. Especially for that racist remark.

But meh, in the end, they ain't nothin.

:p

To be fair, we're no better. They're also as passionate and committed to the franchise as we are.

I think the Observatory is a cool name if you decide to change :)!

We've decided on the Helix Hub // Podcast. Or Helix Hub for short. [INSERTDISAPPROVALCOMMENTBYMANYPPL] The Helix is the next evolution of the Animus that allows for its users to stream memories from their home and join together with friends. Whether you hate or love Helix, and prefer the old school Animus, I believe the core concept is fitting. =P

The Observatory is another very good one, but its sounding and charm didn't fit the aesthetics I was going for. And despite its relation to Black Flag, for me, it doesn't sound very AC-esque.

So, uh, yeah. I hope it doesn't kill the podcast for you guys. We wanted something new and unique and didn't want to reuse things like Assassin(s) or Animus.

Namikaze_17
03-15-2015, 06:07 PM
To be fair, we're no better. They're also as passionate and committed to the franchise as we are.

You're too soft to be a saiyan, kakarot.

Mr.Black24
03-15-2015, 09:12 PM

To be fair, we're no better. They're also as passionate and committed to the franchise as we are. Passionate? Sure. But when they say crap like, make Assassins like Ezio and like AC2, other AC games are fake, that would be devolving the series. Big no no.

We've decided on the Helix Hub // Podcast. Or Helix Hub for short. [INSERTDISAPPROVALCOMMENTBYMANYPPL] The Helix is the next evolution of the Animus that allows for its users to stream memories from their home and join together with friends. Whether you hate or love Helix, and prefer the old school Animus, I believe the core concept is fitting. =P

The Observatory is another very good one, but its sounding and charm didn't fit the aesthetics I was going for. And despite its relation to Black Flag, for me, it doesn't sound very AC-esque.

So, uh, yeah. I hope it doesn't kill the podcast for you guys. We wanted something new and unique and didn't want to reuse things like Assassin(s) or Animus.
I like community better, simple and very welcoming.

However when I'm done with my classwork, gotta make a damm website and write an essay due next week and that ain't easy, my poster project for the Podcast will be related to a new name that I had in my head for a while.

Templar_Az
03-16-2015, 12:42 AM
I didn't think this podcast would be any good but I ended up watching the whole two hours, loved it. I look forward to the next one :)

SixKeys
03-16-2015, 09:17 AM
We've decided on the Helix Hub // Podcast. Or Helix Hub for short. [INSERTDISAPPROVALCOMMENTBYMANYPPL]

:mad:

pirate1802
03-16-2015, 09:36 AM
Sooooo when is this gonna be uploaded?

Namikaze_17
03-16-2015, 09:55 AM
We've decided on the Helix Hub // Podcast. Or Helix Hub for short. [INSERTDISAPPROVALCOMMENTBYMANYPPL]

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/3115282/dbz-goku-kamehameha-o.gif

Recorded on the weekend, uploaded in either Monday or Tuesday.

It sometimes changes due to the schedules of others and things.

SixKeys
03-16-2015, 10:37 AM
We couldn't get the group together to rehearse over the weekend, so we had to postpone it. The episode will be recorded probably next weekend.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-16-2015, 03:00 PM
Hmm...

Looks like a lot of people don't like the name change.

Not good DX

Maybe it shouldnt then, huh Fatal?

SixKeys
03-16-2015, 04:06 PM
I still think we should put it to a poll before deciding.

Fatal-Feit
03-16-2015, 04:20 PM
I've been discussing the title w/ a lot of people and I keep getting lectured for giving the name too much priority. It doesn't ****ing matter they said. So, uh, yeah.

I didn't think this podcast would be any good but I ended up watching the whole two hours, loved it. I look forward to the next one :)

Sweet. :D

It's been postponed for next week due to rehearsal issues. But hey, our buddies on Reddit posted the 2nd episode of their podcast last night. Check it out, it's pretty neat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x40AYgLKhc

SixKeys
03-16-2015, 05:36 PM
I've been discussing the title w/ a lot of people and I keep getting lectured for giving the name too much priority. It doesn't ****ing matter they said. So, uh, yeah.

If it doesn't matter, then we might as well go back to The Observatory. ;)

JustPlainQuirky
03-16-2015, 05:37 PM
Or just stick to the one people already recognize and is to-the-point?

i dunno

just a suggestion

but yeah ur guys-es call

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-16-2015, 07:25 PM
Or just stick to the one people already recognize and is to-the-point?

i dunno

just a suggestion

but yeah ur guys-es call

Guys' :rolleyes:

As yes, it's up to what everybody agrees on.

JustPlainQuirky
03-16-2015, 07:29 PM
grammar is overrated

Shahkulu101
03-16-2015, 07:31 PM
Don't want to aggravate but the two new names suck.

Community Podcast is the best name. Why try and be Fancy Nancy's and fix what ain't broken?

GunnerGalactico
03-16-2015, 07:36 PM
^ I like the name Community Podcast too.

Mr.Black24
03-16-2015, 07:56 PM
^ I like the name Community Podcast too.^ Same here

SixKeys
03-16-2015, 08:08 PM
The general consensus seems to be to just not bother with names.

JustPlainQuirky
03-16-2015, 08:09 PM
The general consensus seems to be to just not bother with names.

yes leave it be pls

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-17-2015, 05:13 AM
Alrighty, the people have spoken.

It should stay :)

The_Kiwi_
03-17-2015, 05:29 AM
I still prefer my title
Friendly Forums Funtime Featuring Fatal-Feit

itsamea-mario
03-17-2015, 12:22 PM
I'm going to start my own podcast where i discuss the various facial features of connor.

Shahkulu101
03-17-2015, 02:00 PM
I'm going to start my own podcast where i discuss the various facial features of connor.

There is only one facial feature.

A potato.

Mr.Black24
03-19-2015, 01:31 AM
So is it ready yet?

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-21-2015, 07:13 PM
So is it ready yet?

We are rehearsing as we speak. :)

Will be up soon. ;)