PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Rougue and directx version

bastos2244
03-08-2015, 04:26 PM
Hello :)I wanted to see if the question about the directx version that supports this game is clarified. If you go to the steam page of the game it will say that the directx version required is the dx10 and that is also mentioned in the discussion topic where the system requirements have been fixed. So, my question is, this game really supports directx10?This is a very important thing for me cause my gpy only supports dx10 so i will be unable to run the game if otherwise it only supports dx11I'll appreciate some clarification in this regard

Johny-Al-Knox
03-08-2015, 07:30 PM
Yeah if steam says dx 10 id say buy it if ur intrested in the game. If it dosnt work just ask steam for a refund cause they didn give u the proper info .

TH3R4BB1T
03-08-2015, 07:44 PM
http://www.pcgamer.com/assassins-creed-rogue-system-requirements-and-release-date-revealed/

The specs are there, if you look it up it is DirectX 9/10 and not 11. But all they say is June 2010 (which I thought was 9)

bastos2244
03-08-2015, 08:44 PM
http://www.pcgamer.com/assassins-creed-rogue-system-requirements-and-release-date-revealed/

The specs are there, if you look it up it is DirectX 9/10 and not 11. But all they say is June 2010 (which I thought was 9)

I think it has nothing to do with it because the directx sdk of June 2010 already includes dx11...And if i'm not mistaken those gpu's listed are dx11 only

YazX_
03-08-2015, 11:51 PM
it doesnt matter which DirectX version, what matters is features implemented in the game for that specific DX version, DX11 builds on top of DX10 and adds tessellation stages to the rendering pipeline and multi threading support among other small stuff, so if the game uses neither then its useless.

bastos2244
03-09-2015, 12:28 AM
it doesnt matter which DirectX version, what matters is features implemented in the game for that specific DX version, DX11 builds on top of DX10 and adds tessellation stages to the rendering pipeline and multi threading support among other small stuff, so if the game uses neither then its useless.

I understand but simply if it uses those features my graphic card will not be able to run it. I wasn't able to run some recent games because my gpu is a dx9/10 and i fear the same can happen with this one(in some games a message like "you need a dx11 graphic card"appears)