PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed Unity Problems

EdgaMight69Her
03-08-2015, 01:43 PM
Hi, I bought a Unity PC Uplay Key and went to Uplay to activate it.
I entered the key and it all went smoothly. The game was activated but instead of a Download button i only had Play and Uninstall.
I hit Play and my Steam opened on the Unity page and i think it wants me to buy the game on Steam too.
Why is that happening?

I also tryed to Uninstall it and it takes me to the Programs and Features in Control Panel but the game isn't there since it was never downloaded.

Also reinstalled Uplay 2 times now but the problem still occurs.

Any help?

YazX_
03-09-2015, 12:00 AM
from where did you buy the key?

the key you got is steam key, so try to enter the key on steam.

EdgaMight69Her
03-09-2015, 01:04 PM
Thanks for your reply. When I tried enter same activation key in steam it's says it's not valid. Tired to cantact ubisoft but nothing from them so far
Can I somehow delete my activated game from My library so I can get new key and activate it.

strigoi1958
03-09-2015, 07:55 PM
where did you buy the key ?

YazX_
03-10-2015, 12:35 AM
Thanks for your reply. When I tried enter same activation key in steam it's says it's not valid. Tired to cantact ubisoft but nothing from them so far
Can I somehow delete my activated game from My library so I can get new key and activate it.

First you need to contact the seller you bought it from since Ubisoft will not be able to help if its not bought from Ubishop which is Ubisoft official store, if thats the case, then contact the seller and tell them that they sent you invalid or missing steam key and they have to refund or send you a new key.

the way it works so you can understand, the game and most of Ubisoft games have two versions, one for steam and another called UPlay which doesnt require steam to launch, however, UPlay client (software) is required to run for both versions when launching any game, so if you have a steam key, you activate it on steam, then steam will provide you with a key to activate it in UPlay.

in short, UPlay version needs 1 key, Steam version of the game needs 2 keys, the first key you get from seller and activate it in steam and the second key will be provided by steam after activation to be activated in UPlay when launching the game.