PDA

View Full Version : [SPOILER] Unity - Present day in game vs Abstergo Employee handbook

Couvs81
03-08-2015, 06:07 AM
I started in on the game before I found the Abstergo Employee Handbook for AC Unity and I'm a bit confused as to whether in the "in game" present day we're supposed to be the same person.. At the beginning of the game we're instantly recruited by the Assassin Brotherhood. But by the time I got to the end of the handbook I was essentially inducted as a full Templar..

can anyone clarify the disparity here?

H3llin
03-10-2015, 01:24 PM
I started in on the game before I found the Abstergo Employee Handbook for AC Unity and I'm a bit confused as to whether in the "in game" present day we're supposed to be the same person.. At the beginning of the game we're instantly recruited by the Assassin Brotherhood. But by the time I got to the end of the handbook I was essentially inducted as a full Templar..

can anyone clarify the disparity here?

How did you form a picture that your end up a templar?

*Taken parts from Wikipedia:*

Ingame Real time:

The "player" is implied to be a player of Helix, a gaming device produced by Abstergo that allows for many different genetic memories to be accessed.
The story begins with the player playing through a memory of the sacking of the Paris Temple ... At some point, the Assassins hijack the memory sequence and implore the player to join them as an initiate after providing an internal Abstergo video memo, in which Abstergo describes the capture of a Sage, who contains precursor DNA which is in a triple rather than a double helix form, and the Phoenix Project whereby Abstergo hopes to compile a whole precursor genome for unclear purposes. The Assassin contact provides access to another memory segment and directs the new initiate to find the location of what the Assassins believe to be another Sage, whose corpse they hope to recover.

So actually you are an Abstergo employee (not a templar, an employee who is unaware about the whole Assassins-Templars story) and are "recruited" virtually to assaist the assassins.

Inside the Helix:

The memory segues to Arno Dorian, a French nobleman's son ... After his father is murdered at the palace, the Grand Master De La Serre adopts Dorian despite knowing Arno's father was an Assassin, a fact of which Arno is totally oblivious. Later in the story, while captive in the Bastille, Arno finds apocalyptic writings on the wall and impresses a fellow captive, the Assassin Bellec, with his fighting skills. Bellec invites Arno into the Brotherhood when they escape during the Storming of the Bastille...

...The game closes with Arno explaining how his understanding of the Creed has changed, and promising to watch over Paris and keep Elise's memory alive. Years later, Arno, having become a Master Assassin, recovers Germain's skeleton from the Temple and places it in the Catacombs of Paris, much to the relief of the player's Assassin handlers, who are now confident that Abstergo won't be able to find it.

So you started as an assassin and end up as an assassin, be it not to close to the guild.

jeffies04
03-11-2015, 01:00 AM
Actually I'm pretty sure you're just a user playing on the new Helix entertainment console they're developing all of these games for, not an employee of Abstergo this time.

They start off by warning you that Abstergo is actually stealing your genetic memories while you play Helix blah blah blah show you the evidence and then give you that choice whether you want to do the memory research for the Assassins. They've hijacked the Helix Cloud servers to be able to access all of the memories on it that haven't been made into full games yet.