PDA

View Full Version : AC2: MASSIVE progression glitch (at beginning)

Deezl-V
03-07-2015, 05:56 PM
So I went back and wanted to play ac2. I started the game as usual and fought with ezio along side my brother frederico. So the enemies retreat and I have to loot 200 florins to go see the doctor. So the glitch occurs here. There are 14 guys on the ground that I can loot. After I loot them all, I end up with 166 florins. I'm stuck and can't continue.

Huge glitch right off the bat that I have never come across before. I guess I have to restart.

Anyone else ever come to this glitch before? (This is for xb360 btw)

Locopells
03-07-2015, 06:42 PM
New one on me - try pickpocketing the bystanders to get the last 35F.

Alphacos007
03-07-2015, 07:19 PM
Wow, never seen that happen, I usually got 200 florins way before all the bodys were looted. At loco said, try looting other people around.

Deezl-V
03-07-2015, 07:55 PM
That's the thing, there's nobody else around. Maybe you guys don't remeber since not playing it in a while but after you beat up the guys with your brother, you're stuck to pickpocket only the guys on the ground because if you try to leave the area, "area not available" is blocking you from leaving.

I went over each guy a million times just to make sure I wasn't missing anyone. But Ya, all guys on the ground were pick pocketed already. Had to restart. Was able to get 19 guys on the ground instead of the 14 I had from this glitch and passed through.

Wow. Big time glitch or bad programming. Either way, I thought I would share this with the community and wondered if anyone ever came across this before.

Locopells
03-07-2015, 08:01 PM
Weird - there should be a few within the boundaries - you can wonder outside them for a few seconds, remember. It is a glitch though, usually the fifth body will give you a three figure sum,to push you well over the 200 F.

Deezl-V
03-07-2015, 08:14 PM
Nope. I did it all. Walked around, couldn't get to anyone else. And no, can't walk through the "area not available" walls. They are solid.

I've played AC2 and the rest many times. You guys can stop giving me suggestions cuz I don't think you remember this part clearly. It's a glitch that has no way of getting around. If you don't believe me, try playing it and after you get to this part, try getting any florins other than the guys on the ground. There isn't anyone else. You can't walk through the city. All I wanted to do was see the intro of ac2 where I climb to the top with frederico to have the "ubisoft presents ac2." I loved that and wanted to see it again until I came across this and made me laugh that I couldn't do it. Haha.

Locopells
03-07-2015, 09:19 PM
Seems like there's some difference between versions then.

Oh well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJshVVtEyso

;)

Deezl-V
03-08-2015, 01:44 AM
I never paid attention to how many guys were on the ground at that part but I think it's random and the cutscene of vieri de pazzi retreating came early and that is what made a very small amount of guys beat up on the ground causing this glitch.

Thanks for video but I just restarted and all I had to do was fight the goons again and ended up with 21 guys on the ground.

ERICATHERINE
03-08-2015, 09:43 PM
Seems like there's some difference between versions then.

Oh well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJshVVtEyso

;)

Lol. ^-^ I just realized that Frederico don't have the same voice in that game than in the video "assassin's creed lineage".