PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Ubisoft

propain2008
03-07-2015, 02:04 PM
Let me start off by acknowledging this is a gonna be a total fan boy post but I can't help it. I've played every Assassin's Creed to date and love them all. I just want to post a thank you to Ubisoft for making this timeless beast of a game. Let me tell you where this is coming from. So, I'm 99 percent through Unity, just need the darn remaining artifacts in the helix rifts, and I decided to go back to ac2 as I didn't fully 100 percent it. AC2 to me, and I think to most, was their favorite AC. The similarities are mind blowing between it and unity. Graphics aside of course but the gameplay wow. Fantastic job Ubi... you are by far my favorite video game company. That is next to Bohemia Interactive cause one word ARMA but you guys never cease to amaze and I think it's good to add a little love into the massive amount of hate posted in forums. Thanks guys and please keep it up!

Mr_Shade
03-07-2015, 02:07 PM
Thanks for your kind words and great feedback ;)

Agent_Rainbow
03-07-2015, 02:56 PM
Thanks for your kind words and great feedback ;)

Want to make Unity even better? Dispense with Club Competitions and unlock all the gear currently held behind them

Mr_Shade
03-07-2015, 03:01 PM
Want to make Unity even better? Dispense with Club Competitions and unlock all the gear currently held behind them

Items are unlocked 2 weeks after the Club competition for purchase by all ;)

Agent_Rainbow
03-07-2015, 03:28 PM
Items are unlocked 2 weeks after the Club competition for purchase by all ;)

Alas but that is still too long - at this rate I won't get access to the full legendary Napoleonic set until at May at the earliest :( When will the Napoleonic gear set be in the Club Comps?

Mr_Shade
03-07-2015, 03:31 PM
We only announce items for the current competition, sorry.

Agent_Rainbow
03-07-2015, 03:39 PM
We only announce items for the current competition, sorry.

Blast. I guess I should just pray and hope that Napoleonic will be the next set to be done after Prowler. I and many others have been punished for pre ordering while any donkey that buys the game in a few months will have everything available from the word go. Club Competitions are a terrible thing and it is my earnest hope that they never rear their ugly head again. Either way, I'm definitely picking up future ACs used a few months following release. I well and truly got burned on Unity, which is sad, because I've never felt this way about any other AC game before it.

RADAR__4077
03-07-2015, 04:37 PM
Hmmmm I think this thread backs up a statement I caught some flak over a while back.

Ubisoft is very quick to respond to a pat on the head and "good job!", but criticism goes ignored for the most part.

•"Fanboy post" grabs attention - reply in 3min

•Suggestion for improvement - reply in 5min

•Request for info - reply in 3min (doesn't answer question)

• Criticism....

P.S. Sadly Rainbow, I have given up that fight. I simply haven't played the game, and will show ubisoft I am not happy next time around. With my wallet.

Mr_Shade
03-07-2015, 05:00 PM
The team read everything - however if we can't correct something, posting sometimes makes things worse..

All of the feedback posted is taken into account where possible though ;)

RADAR__4077
03-07-2015, 05:14 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/995056-POLL-Legendary-Gear?highlight=legendary+gear

I think the results of this provided some pretty convincing feedback...

RADAR__4077
03-07-2015, 05:26 PM
Could you at least drop a hint if we will see a system like this in the future?

I realize the death grip on the comps isn't letting go for unity.
Even though they have proven it isn't hard by unlocking some stuff...

Agent_Rainbow
03-07-2015, 05:31 PM

Alright Radar :) And yeah, I will be doing exactly the same as you with Victory next year - picking it up used several months down the line. Maybe when we both finally have our respective Legendary sets we want we can do some co-op huh? Sadly I fear this battle is lost :(

Mr_Shade
03-07-2015, 05:58 PM
Alright Radar :) And yeah, I will be doing exactly the same as you with Victory next year - picking it up used several months down the line. Maybe when we both finally have our respective Legendary sets we want we can do some co-op huh? Sadly I fear this battle is lost :(

And a general reminder- please read the forum rules on signatures - thanks.

Agent_Rainbow
03-07-2015, 05:59 PM
And a general reminder- please read the forum rules on signatures - thanks.

Better?

I would genuinely love to see a purge of Ubisoft following the calamity that was/is Unity. Maybe start by sending these Com Devs to the guillotine

Mr_Shade
03-07-2015, 06:20 PM
Lets not start getting personal with comments about the Com Dev team..

They are not in charge of adding or removing game features - they are Community Developers - meaning they deal with community...

I will also remind everyone that this thread is NOT about club competitions - there are a few threads, already ongoing, concerning those, so please don't hijack threads for different agendas.

Thanks.

propain2008
03-07-2015, 07:14 PM

I think the intent of the club competitions was to keep the game alive and to add a fun coop side to it. A lot of people focus on the gear, as do I as I'm trying to max out my legendary prowler outfit, but how awesome is the coop. Getting a group of buddies together and trying to snake the gold stealthy. It's good stuff. Again, I'm posting on my own fan boy post but the multiplayer in Unity is a huge step forward in comparison to past ac mp. I'm definitely not trying to downgrade the importance of constructive criticism for continued improvement. Lord knows I've laid down some solid tiraids on forums. I really wanted to give a pat on the back in this post for things that went well. Postive feedback certainly helps to promote the things we love and want to see more of as much as constructive criticism can help to inspire change.

propain2008
03-07-2015, 07:18 PM
Better?

I would genuinely love to see a purge of Ubisoft following the calamity that was/is Unity. Maybe start by sending these Com Devs to the guillotine

And that's just dumb. If you don't like the game or company don't buy it. You have choices man.

SofaJockey
03-07-2015, 07:57 PM
I've been enjoying ACU, though I only started a couple of weeks ago post patches.

It 'may' be the first AC I 100%

(Black Flag and Rogue were 98%ed due to the odd legendary ship...)

Altair1789
03-07-2015, 08:04 PM
I think Ubisoft needs to stop trying to emulate AC2. You're entitled to you opinion, and I thought AC2 was pretty good (aside from Ezio), but there are other ways to make a good AC game. The formula used for AC2 isn't the only good formula for a good AC game. Look at AC4, it wasn't much like AC2 at all yet it was a great game. The point is, you can only get so close to the nostalgia of AC2, so why try? There are more ways to make a good, original AC game, AND protagonist. I didn't like Ezio, and thankfully they've not been making protagonists Ezio clones, but they need to make them unique. Connor was a great example. This is just my two cents

I can't tell you how worried I am that AC Victory will be AC2-2. I'm scared that after Arno's poor reception they'll make a direct Ezio clone

Agent_Rainbow
03-07-2015, 09:28 PM
Lets not start getting personal with comments about the Com Dev team..

They are not in charge of adding or removing game features - they are Community Developers - meaning they deal with community...

I will also remind everyone that this thread is NOT about club competitions - there are a few threads, already ongoing, concerning those, so please don't hijack threads for different agendas.

Thanks.

No one has a sense of humour it seems - and I know what a Community Developer is, I don't need to be told. Aye, there are several ongoing threads, but they are buried deep in the bowels of the forums and boys have long fallen silent on the issue. By the way, the guillotine thing was a tongue in cheek reference to the game setting and also the level of my and other people's displeasure. People need to grow some balls and stop being so sensitive. Lastly, the image in my sig will convey better than any ranting herein my feelings towards the way Unity has been handled.

Agent_Rainbow
03-07-2015, 09:46 PM
I think the intent of the club competitions was to keep the game alive and to add a fun coop side to it. A lot of people focus on the gear, as do I as I'm trying to max out my legendary prowler outfit, but how awesome is the coop. Getting a group of buddies together and trying to snake the gold stealthy. It's good stuff. Again, I'm posting on my own fan boy post but the multiplayer in Unity is a huge step forward in comparison to past ac mp. I'm definitely not trying to downgrade the importance of constructive criticism for continued improvement. Lord knows I've laid down some solid tiraids on forums. I really wanted to give a pat on the back in this post for things that went well. Postive feedback certainly helps to promote the things we love and want to see more of as much as constructive criticism can help to inspire change.

Don't get me wrong I love co-op, the missions and heists are great fun with friends. Hell, I love Unity in terms of the core game itself. I never had any majorly damaging glitches/bugs, but the locked content behind external apps (the app has been dropped thankfully) and club competitions which weren't even running for a few months to begin with really rubbed me the wrong way. It's precisely because I enjoy this series and have played every AC game since the first all those years ago that I have been posting/ranting on these forums - I don't want the AC series to be ground into the dirt by shoddy business practices and donkey design choices.

playlisting
03-07-2015, 11:52 PM
I've played every Assassin's Creed to date and love them all.

AC2 to me, and I think to most, was their favorite AC.

That is next to Bohemia Interactive cause one word ARMA!

Agreed.

While Ubisoft have made their mistakes (Assassin's Creed Unity launch & Watch Dogs downgrade to name a couple) they do produce some fantastic games. WD despite the graphical downgrade is still a very fun game. Unity was impressive but the optimisation just wasn't there. Thankfully as of patch 5 it's been more or less sorted (on PS4 anyway - I didn't keep track of the other platforms).

CHAINSAW305
03-08-2015, 06:51 AM
I love Unity. I believe that Ubisoft really didn't have to give us such an awesome dlc like Dead Kings for free. I think everybody should be grateful for this. I don't believe the game as a whole was that bad. Especially to give something like that amazing dlc for free. Thank You Ubisoft!!!

Now just waiting on an Assassins Creed Chronicles China release date!!? Please!!!?

Mr_Shade
03-08-2015, 10:57 AM
[QUOTE=Agent_Rainbow;10613837]Aye, there are several ongoing threads, but they are buried deep in the bowels of the forums and boys have long fallen silent on the issue. /QUOTE]

If people stop using a topic, it's not an excuse to hijack other peoples threads ;)