PDA

View Full Version : Uplay Recommended Track Drop #36

RetiredRonin
03-05-2015, 02:27 PM
http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-US/game/upr36_news_195709.jpg

March is here! I usually try to come up with some form of witty intro for Uplay Recommended, but my funny isn't working at the moment. I apologize for the situation and will make sure to rectify it for next week. Before we get into NEXT week, let’s deal with THIS week and the new tracks being highlighted in Uplay Recommended!

End of Days by Cry_994
Here’s a great example of how to make a track that does not really mesh with the world of the future. Not content to make another track out of static ruins, Cry has added animations to quite a few items. Some were done so well that you might even miss them. There is a line that will be tough for those who are not experts (there were 2 obstacles that were giving me a few problems), but all told, End of Days is a solid track with some pretty phenomenal attention to detail.

Check out the ruins of the End of Days in both our video, and on Track Central.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnzjw2HfncY

Lopistum by illobear
I’m going to point out the red crystal with no collisions. “Why?” you may ask; because of the amount of rage I felt during my first (and second) play through. This track is going to be ROUGH for most players. The theme is well done, the line is (Arghhhh) technical and challenging. And hey, if that isn’t enough for you, check out the Ninja version (on X1).

Check out our replay (which I hope is Badger) and then get ready to rage, or not, and play it yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXU86iHq7rA

RTC: Prisoner 67 by ConfusedMuscles
Welcome to prison. Razor-wire, bars, cells… Looks like a lame place to live. Also a fun place to ride. Get ready to face an insane (for me) platinum time, but the effort pays off in the end. Maybe nobody has been imprisoned in Prisoner 67 for a long time, but you’ll be serving time trying to catch a fast flow through CM’s technical track.

We’ve got surveillance footage here, but make sure to get all the evidence by checking it out yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDMRHnd81jk

Midian’s Gate by Ozy Be
Let’s throw this out in front of everything else. I RAGED on this track. I called the platinum medal time stupid a few times. There were “guffaws” and “pffftttts”, and then I got it. The first timesaver is a jerk. The line is hard to hit smooth. The jumps are difficult to get enough air off of… And I enjoyed it all. There is a lot of flow to be found in Midian’s Gate, you just have to dedicate the controller time.

Check out a replay that will likely make it look easy, but this is a track to get some playtime invested in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwBx0ch92w8

Extrinsic Behaviour by Rishaan
I’m a sucker for technical tracks, and Rishaan’s latest now has a warm spot in my heart. The reclaimed-by-nature theme might feel a bit overdone at times, but this track FEELS right with this theme. The industrial aspects, including the sound work, make the world feel a bit more alive (OMINOUS TONES!) and the only “complaint” I have is that I wish the track were longer.

Here’s Extrinsic Behaviour in action, don’t miss it in Track Central.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dj3Do4GTHk

X-Supercross? We’ve got 2 this week, so suit up, get 7 of your friends, and fight to the bitter end in some online multiplayer!

Rockaway Trails by VEGASTRASH01
If you’ve never played a Vegas Trash track before, then go and correct that. This XSX track has some fun flow and enough different lines that MIGHT be faster that it can cause you to question how you are tackling them. And that’s without the added pressure of 7 other people doing the SAME thing. Rockaway Trails uses terrain modifications to a level we expect from the Trash Man, which is to say “It’s really very good”.

Don’t hesitate to invest some time in Rockaway Trails.

http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-US/game/trials/portal/UPR36-rockaway_195716.jpg

Manifest Exhortation by Ubi_Shogun
When it comes to the community team, there’s only really one person you want to make tracks. Unfortunately I was busy, so we have THIS track by Mr. Shogun. Set beside, inside and through an underground cavern with liquid hot melted lava and abandoned subway tunnels, Manifest Exhortation takes you through a Panda (yeah, I said it) XSX track that you’ll need flow and technical abilities to get through.

Put on your big-kid pants and bring on the FIRE.

http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-US/game/trials/portal/UPR36-manifest_195717.jpg

That’s seven more tracks into the books. We’ve now dropped over 170 Uplay Recommended creations. Which one is your favorite? Did we miss recommending it? Let us know on our Forums, Twitter or Facebook.

Until next week!

- Shifty

Z-Beeblebrox
03-05-2015, 02:55 PM
More tracks! :D

Rishaanvb
03-05-2015, 05:40 PM
Nice to see one of my tracks got chosen. Thnx. Very cool tracks. They were very fun to ride all in their own way.

pad3
03-05-2015, 06:20 PM
Don't be mistaken. 'RTC: Prisoner 67' is a solid track. But do you really think this is the best one of the last RTC?

Congrats to all of the selected builders.

Ozy Be
03-05-2015, 07:16 PM
:)hehey, thanks for the upick Redlynx... Humbled:)

RetiredRonin
03-05-2015, 07:19 PM
Don't be mistaken. 'RTC: Prisoner 67' is a solid track. But do you really think this is the best one of the last RTC?

Uplay Recommended tracks need to be on all platforms.

ConfusedMuscles
03-05-2015, 07:34 PM

I agree with this. Many others who participated in the RTC comp made just as good, if not better than my track. I hope we will see more of the RTC tracks get cross platformed. I am honored to have mine be the first of the RTC tracks picked and I would like to thank the Fench community for letting me take part.

funktastic-
03-05-2015, 07:55 PM
well done alll

My ps4 point of view is as follows -

I have never ever seen a finer example of favourtism at work again here , you must be kidding me , how can you again give credit to a person who you give credit to ever track they make yet leave tracks that are on par or even better like swampballs last easy track. This is unfair and in my opinion your own prefference not what people will enjoy best. I see it is a forgone conclusion now that every track this creator make will be cross platformed even if there is better quality tracks.

I find this an unfair thing to do to your ps4 creators and im not talking about my tracks of late as they havent been up to standard but crossplat forming a builder just because you like them or there refference to evo is really or shouldnt really be part of the process but i guess it is. Hail evo builders even thos this is fusion.

Sorry if i have been rude but i say how i see it and ok not in the best of manners.:) I would understand if these track were far more superior then others , isnt it common sense to credit other peoples work if possible and this could have been done with a few other tracks this time around yet you chose another one of the same builders tracks which i dont see any better in which giving a recomended to someone else would balance peoples need for being credited with some award. Doesnt make sense to me to give awards to the same people every time when thier work is no better than work of others.

again i wish i had not said anything but its annoyed me this time that other peoples work has been left behind simply because of preference and nothing to do with quality.

ElColoLoco
03-05-2015, 08:01 PM
@confusedmuscles Just played your track and i find that its a nice technical track but not one of your best tracks imo but still a solid goodlooking track. the rest of the drops were also good :)

Uplay Recommended tracks need to be on all platforms.

By this you mean RTC: fire mechanic, RTC: up in the iron sky and so on cant get uplay recommended because of xbox360? That would be a real shame, these RTC tracks are probably one of the best custom tracks i have ever seen.

Rudemod 69
03-05-2015, 08:26 PM
I have never ever seen a finer example of favourtism at work again here , you must be kidding me , how can you again give credit to a person who you give credit to ever track they make yet leave tracks that are on par or even better like swampballs last easy track. This is unfair and in my opinion your own prefference not what people will enjoy best. I see it is a forgone conclusion now that ever track this creator make will be cross platformed even if there is better quality tracks.To whom are you referring, Funk? In fact I don't wish to know. Knocking other peoples' work is not something looked upon favourably, and neither should it be. All the picks this week are by respected community builders. I'm not familiar with Cry_ 994's work (cool looking track, mind), but can certainly vouch for the rest of them.

@confusedmuscles Just played your track and i find that its a nice technical track but not one of your best tracks imo but still a solid goodlooking track.I thought this track was very good. Cool prison theme, with a sweet technical line.

By this you mean RTC: fire mechanic, RTC: up in the iron sky and so on cant get uplay recommended because of xbox360?I would believe so. Most of the RTC builds would probably have performance issues if ported.

Rishaanvb
03-05-2015, 08:57 PM
well done alll

I really like swampballs last easy track and I was disappointed it didn't make the cut this week. Let's hope it will be available for everyone next thursday.
*I edited your quote for you.

For anyone's wondering which track he means.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18DXf9LaFsQ

And funk, maybe they already chose that track and put it on the to-do list. Tbh, looks like there is too many vegetation in the background for the 360. Nonetheless looks fun to ride.

Rudemod 69
03-05-2015, 08:58 PM
Funk, I can see what you're trying to say.It wouldn't hurt for new guys to have a pick, but the picks this week are deserving in their own right. Are there other tracks worth picking? Most definitely, numerous ones on Bone for a start, but we don't get to choose them.

Stop shouting, it doesn't suit you. :D

That SwampBalls track does look rather rad, must admit. :)

aMcConghie16
03-05-2015, 09:18 PM
Nice to see one of my tracks got chosen. Thnx. Very cool tracks. They were very fun to ride all in their own way.

Congrats Rashaan I love that track glad it got picked😀

Great tracks this week excellent selection!

Rishaanvb
03-05-2015, 09:29 PM
Congrats Rashaan I love that track glad it got picked��

Great tracks this week excellent selection!

Thnx, I'll keep my fingers crossed for Steamless Station. Would be nice proof of your progression.

ConfusedMuscles
03-06-2015, 12:21 AM
well done alll

My ps4 point of view is as follows -

I have never ever seen a finer example of favourtism at work again here , you must be kidding me , how can you again give credit to a person who you give credit to ever track they make yet leave tracks that are on par or even better like swampballs last easy track. This is unfair and in my opinion your own prefference not what people will enjoy best. I see it is a forgone conclusion now that every track this creator make will be cross platformed even if there is better quality tracks.

I find this an unfair thing to do to your ps4 creators and im not talking about my tracks of late as they havent been up to standard but crossplat forming a builder just because you like them or there refference to evo is really or shouldnt really be part of the process but i guess it is. Hail evo builders even thos this is fusion.

Sorry if i have been rude but i say how i see it and ok not in the best of manners.:) I would understand if these track were far more superior then others , isnt it common sense to credit other peoples work if possible and this could have been done with a few other tracks this time around yet you chose another one of the same builders tracks which i dont see any better in which giving a recomended to someone else would balance peoples need for being credited with some award. Doesnt make sense to me to give awards to the same people every time when thier work is no better than work of others.

again i wish i had not said anything but its annoyed me this time that other peoples work has been left behind simply because of preference and nothing to do with quality.

Is this directed at me?

IImayneII
03-06-2015, 03:35 PM
Is this directed at me?

I think it was more directed at Redlynx than at you :D

PS update your track thread muscles. I bet you can spend a whole week doing that with the amount of slacking you have been doing

@Funk. First off they already stated that quality isn't that much of a requirement for picks, it's more about how much RL enjoys a track with a small set of standards the track has to cover. And since all tracks need to be on old gen too, I doubt they will really ever port highly detailed tracks made on current gen/pc because x360 just can't run them. Wich, imo, is a waste of potentially awesome tracks being ported. But that's just the downside of wanting everything to be equal if you incorporate +10 year old hardware into the mix. Still probably one of the worst descisions made with Fusion, at least in my opinion.

VEGASTRASH
03-07-2015, 10:23 PM
Is this directed at me?

Probably.
I can't see anyone else matching the description. I would not take it as a put down though. It's directed towards RL. I'm sure Funk thinks you make solid tracks. It's just about the same builders getting picks, when a newer or not commonly picked builder makes a great track, it may be overlooked in this case. The Swamp Balls track really stood out to me. It looks like an easy pick to me. It may be in the Uplay queue though.

Ozy Be...Sick build. The decor really stood out, along with a driveline that was fun and challenging...very nice. The overflowing lake was one of the best I've seen in Trials.

Ozy Be
03-08-2015, 04:20 PM
:DThank you very much Trashman
Prob spent more time on the lake and falls (seems like it payed off) than any other part so I'm real glad it was effective:)
Let myself down with a few bits of floating debris in the river under the bridge to give the flowing some effect, don't know how I forget them,
But worked out in the end:)

Also been enjoying your xsx upicks on X1 :)
Great stuff, more please:)

Cheers mate;)