PDA

View Full Version : Newview for joystick HAT under original IL 2 ???

XyZspineZyX
11-06-2003, 03:07 PM
I would like to ask you:

I play the original IL 2 Sturmovik - v.1.2. (No Forgotten Battles !!! ) Does Newview work under original IL 2 ? May I use the Newview 26 for my joystick in original IL 2 ? Thanks a lot...

XyZspineZyX
11-06-2003, 03:07 PM
I would like to ask you:

I play the original IL 2 Sturmovik - v.1.2. (No Forgotten Battles !!! ) Does Newview work under original IL 2 ? May I use the Newview 26 for my joystick in original IL 2 ? Thanks a lot...

XyZspineZyX
11-06-2003, 03:38 PM
Hello,
I have been trying to figure out how to use this for the older IL2 as well. If you find anything, please email me!
athiker_94@juno.com
Curious, Why don't you like the newer FB. I tried it, but have been playing the older IL2 as well. For some reason, the older IL2 felt more real? Can't put my finger on it. I'm going to give FB another chance when the newer patch comes out. Forgotten Battles does have some beautiful graphics though. For some reason, I just liked the way the older game played. Who knows.

Atticus.

XyZspineZyX
11-06-2003, 06:44 PM
I don't believe it works with old IL2 because IL2 does noy have intrinsic support for TrackIR. New View uses the TrackIR .dll (or a similar file?) that works ONLY with FB when you set TrackIR=1 in your FB config.ini file

12th IAP "Guards"

http://12iapil2ops.0catch.com/12th_iap_home_page.htm

RHAF 5/I Fighter Group
http://12iapil2ops.0catch.com/rhaf.htm

XyZspineZyX
11-07-2003, 12:02 PM
Well, I thought so. But I had to ask...Now I know. Is there (if so, WHERE ?) any other utility to download and run it under IL 2 to move the HAT ??? Thanks.

XyZspineZyX
11-07-2003, 12:14 PM
So as it is said below, newview works with the IRtrack "thing" files so I do not think I am the genius to make the Newview work under IL 2

And I have to say I do not know whether I like the FB, because I have not played it yet :-)))) The reason is simple. I have to buy one more 256 DDR RAM to reach recommended 512 RAM to run the FB properly.

And there is so many missions and campaigns to fly in IL 2...which I havenāĀ“t flown yet.

Then I will go for FB. Everybody fly the FB, there is a lot of more flyable airplains, better graphics etc etc....

As soon as I get the 256 RAM I will start to play FB. But many people says the airplains are even "wilder" to handle the in IL...And that is gonna be problem for me..:-)))

XyZspineZyX
11-07-2003, 12:37 PM
The mouse in the left hand works pretty good. I have been doing this lately and has really changed SA.

Atticus