PDA

View Full Version : Dev Update: Ninja Track Feeds

RetiredRonin
03-04-2015, 03:50 PM
Our latest DLC, Fault One Zero, released last week, and we had a pretty substantial update that came out just before that. You might think that it’s time for all of the people at RedLynx to slow down, but you would be wrong.

We’re increasing efforts to provide updates on what is going on at the studio over the course of Trials Fusion’s evolution, and today I’ve been given the all clear to talk about something that will change how some of you use Track Central. This has been a fairly highly requested change, and one that has been teased about a thousand times now.

I am happy to announce that there will be Ninja Track Feeds in Track Central. Ninja Riders want their own space, non-Ninja Riders want those insanely difficult tracks the heck out of the extreme feeds. We’ve come up with a workable solution and one that has us excited. In addition to the Trials, X-Supercross, Supercross, Skill Game and FMX feeds, Ninja tracks will have their own set of feeds on track central. Newest, Highest Rated 48/Week/All Time… It’s all going to be there. You literally have a one-stop shop for all of your Ninja tracks.

http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-GB/game/trials/portal/DU2_TC-layout_195423.jpg

Is there a catch? You bet there is. For tracks to be put into the Ninja feeds, they need to be tagged with the “ninja difficulty” tag when uploading to Track Central. These Ninja-tagged tracks will appear in the Ninja feeds. They will not appear in the Extreme feeds any longer, so if you are an Extreme rider looking for a slightly more reasonable challenge you’ll be happy with this change.

We’ve been bringing new and updated features to Trials Fusion for a while now, and we aren’t done yet. Keep your eyes open on the forums (http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/589-TRIALS-FUSION), Twitter (https://twitter.com/TrialsGames), Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/trials.official) and the constantly-updated Trials Fusion Portal (http://trials.ubi.com/trials-portal/en-GB/home/index.aspx?time=201503031142417759).

Until the next update, riders!

-Your Friendly Neighborhood Trials Community Team

stllbreathnbdy
03-04-2015, 04:32 PM
Thank you for this. Hopefully it becomes a raging success for everyone, and carries over into future trials games.

RetiredRonin
03-04-2015, 05:03 PM
I would assume that part of the feature's success rests with the players. Tracks not tagged as Ninja Track will not be placed into the Ninja feeds. If the Ninja Community doesn't properly use the feature, then it's a lose-lose for just about everyone.

The Ninjas have wanted something like this for a while now, and when it goes live it will mostly be in their hands. I have faith that they'll take advantage of their new playground.

Zzzlol94
03-04-2015, 05:06 PM
Also remember to remove Ninja tagged tracks from the lower difficulties, as some track creators don't always use Extreme.

And a little interesting thing, 440 medals = 10 new tracks on the last DLC? :o

TeriXeri
03-04-2015, 05:53 PM
Very nice, almost made me suspect last weeks ninja-free TC was sort of a test phase as it strictly removed ninja tagged tracks from most feeds.

Now it's a Win-Win for both camps if they keep tagging their tracks properly!

MrGRiMv25
03-04-2015, 06:07 PM
Ideal, good to see the feed implemented. :D

RetiredRonin
03-04-2015, 06:17 PM
Also remember to remove Ninja tagged tracks from the lower difficulties, as some track creators don't always use Extreme.

That's how it will work.

And a little interesting thing, 440 medals = 10 new tracks on the last DLC? :o

http://media.giphy.com/media/3X3JaTDVqY8RG/giphy.gif

http://media.giphy.com/media/3EAKxnyKkVQm4FCwxy/giphy.gif

xJamaicanX
03-04-2015, 08:13 PM
Does this mean it's now possible for ninjas to get uplay picked? :)

Rebrief
03-04-2015, 09:35 PM
YES! Ninja feed :) and yeah can ninjas now be uplay picked that'll make me go back to the creator haven't built in ages :(

stooksman
03-04-2015, 09:55 PM
Yay! Thank you, I've been wishing for this for a long time. Hopefully there will be fewer ninja's in the "hard" feed now.

KorIash
03-04-2015, 10:16 PM
This. is. AWESOME!

Hairy Cabbage
03-05-2015, 12:47 AM

I doubt it, i remember it being said that they only had a contract to release tracks cross platform into one feed (uplay feed), so unless they have either changed the contract somehow or are suddenly willing to release ninjas into the Uplay picks feed (which i highly doubt they will) then i very much doubt ninjas will be cross platformed. This imo is a shame since there is a lot of high quality tracks built above extreme difficulty that people across all platforms would enjoy, even those who may not have tried ninjas before but can pass extremes with fairly low faults.

As for the update, its sounds very nice and i look forward to seeing the quality of the tracks in the top 50-100 highest all time rated. I hope there aren't any terrible tracks too high up in that feed just because they were given a ninja tag but weren't really ninja and therefore easily finished and highly rated.

good job :)

and a quick question while im here, will the ninja feed include all game modes? so ninja xsx, trials, skillgames etc. will all be in the same feed?

aMcConghie16
03-05-2015, 01:31 AM
SWEEEET!!! That's awesome when is this taking effect tomorrow? Can't wait to see if my track got picked for the uplay my fingers are crossed but I'm not getting my hopes up. Also cool that our last DLC will have ten tracks:)

RetiredRonin
03-05-2015, 03:30 AM
Nobody said anything about Ninja tracks being in, or having their own, Uplay Recommended feed... That feed will continue on as it always has. There've been a couple of Ninja tracks (in my opinion) that were in that feed, but it's really not something that should be expected.

And no, not tomorrow, this is in the next update.

BlueBadger400
03-05-2015, 06:51 AM

The chances of a ninja getting a Uplay pick IMO are the same as before. This change affects everyone by making it easier to find what you want to play in the TC, but doesn't change the way we pick crossplatform tracks.

Rebrief
03-05-2015, 10:08 AM
Quite gutted that ninjas will never be cross platformed :(

ObeseSpectator
03-05-2015, 10:21 AM
In order to bypass the ninja difficulty issue of getting a track cross platformed, couldn't you create a long hard/extreme track that has an alternate ninja route that is much faster? That way the top of the leaderboard would be occupied by those capable of doing the ninja route, and everyone else can enjoy the hard/extreme track at face value.

TeriXeri
03-05-2015, 10:33 AM
In order to bypass the ninja difficulty issue of getting a track cross platformed, couldn't you create a long hard/extreme track that has an alternate ninja route that is much faster? That way the top of the leaderboard would be occupied by those capable of doing the ninja route, and everyone else can enjoy the hard/extreme track at face value.

An optional ninja been before on a Cross platform track where you could back up and it turned night and the driveline changed to a much harder one, but it's not faster then the easier track due to the backing up part.

Track: Urban Warfare [K8]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5LEVSgISos

I think you can still integrate a ninja route in a regular track if you design really well but you gotta be really careful being fair for the lower difficulty as far as medal times go it shouldn't be ninja only platinum (still 0 fault but reasonable time).

Of course it wouldn't matter if people go -20 sec or more under plat using the ninja route , just don't force people to use the ninja route to even get plat.

Docking Bay last DLC got a bunch of negative feedback cause the pretty strict plat time requires to use the timesavers which is a route Harder then Medium for sure, but it's not ninja timesavers so still somewhat reasonable, but imo still tuned a tiny bit too strict.

I personally still prefer for it being optional like in the video rather then integrated. So the challenge is there, but the people compete for time on the easier(normal) track.

Redlynx_Shogun
03-05-2015, 10:44 AM
I would never say never but the Uplay feed is still intended for all players and therefore its not going to see many tracks that are passable by so few. As Shifty pointed out we have shared a few extremes that were arguably low level ninja, we're not likely to go much harder than that.

That's a pretty good idea. I love tracks that can be enjoyed by players at many skill levels.

ObeseSpectator
03-05-2015, 10:50 AM
I personally still prefer for it being optional like in the video rather then integrated. So the challenge is there, but the people compete for time on the easier(normal) track.

I agree with you, my proposal wouldn't be fair or likely to wind up picked. I'm nowhere near good enough to complete most ninja tracks, and yet it is unfortunate for those scattered across platforms that would like to compete in both technical skill and speed. At least the new feeds should tide over the ninja communities on individual platforms.

Rudemod 69
03-05-2015, 11:57 AM
Nice.

I'm happy with the TC improvements. Ninja feed, highest rated feeds, recently played; it's all good.

Steiner84
03-05-2015, 12:51 PM
thats sick guys!
awesome!

IImayneII
03-05-2015, 01:09 PM

That's a horrible idea to be honest. Why would you give ninja riders such a hughe advantage on the leaderboards? If you want ninjas crossplatformed, try making an extreme track with a ninja line you can unlock like the tracks ingame. From what I remember there has been already a track crossplatformed that has that. There is no reason to make a faster line in a track that is ninja, that's just a bad designed track in my opinion.

And some of the extremes are already very very close to lvl 1 ninja's. And I don't see how higher level ninja drivinglines would be faster unles you want like only 2-3 people competing on the leaderboard.

pad3
03-05-2015, 06:44 PM
Great news!

Hairy Cabbage
03-05-2015, 07:33 PM
That's a horrible idea to be honest. Why would you give ninja riders such a hughe advantage on the leaderboards? If you want ninjas crossplatformed, try making an extreme track with a ninja line you can unlock like the tracks ingame. From what I remember there has been already a track crossplatformed that has that. There is no reason to make a faster line in a track that is ninja, that's just a bad designed track in my opinion.

And some of the extremes are already very very close to lvl 1 ninja's. And I don't see how higher level ninja driving lines would be faster unless you want like only 2-3 people competing on the leaderboard.

Oh please, you talk about ninjas as if they are some kind of gimmick community and that the only way we should be able to play the tracks we like to play is via some gimmicky methods like bailing into a portal on a track that non-ninjas deem "normal". We deserve more than that. ninja builders make ninja tracks because people enjoy playing them, sure, they aren't for everyone, but we are a pretty big community.... probably one of the biggest constantly active communities on trials.

If a track is GOOD, and by good, i mean good driving line, good theme etc, then it should have the opportunity to be crossplatformed regardless of difficulty.

Maybe its just me, but im kinda getting sick of it being said that tracks that 99% of the community cant pass shouldn't be crossplatformed. why not look at it the other way for one? why crossplatform easy tracks when the majority of ACTIVE players enjoy hard-extreme tracks. The same could be said about medium tracks.

Now dont take what i said above as me saying you should stop crossplatforming easy tracks because im not... i am however saying that well made ninja tracks shouldnt be blocked from crossplatform opportunities just because a few people wont get to enjoy them (exactly the same way that i dont enjoy playing easy tracks even though some of them are stunning). There are players on all platforms that would LOVE to play ninja tracks from platforms other than their own.

That's pretty much my opinion on the whole cross platform ninja ordeal. ;p

fleskeknoke
03-06-2015, 06:43 AM
a ninja feed :) very nice!

IImayneII
03-06-2015, 01:21 PM
Oh please, you talk about ninjas as if they are some kind of gimmick community and that the only way we should be able to play the tracks we like to play is via some gimmicky methods like bailing into a portal on a track that non-ninjas deem "normal".

I think you have misinterpreted my post.

I was saying putting a faster, ninja line in any track as speedrun line is a horrible idea and basically bad design because the only people competing for a top spot on the leaderboards would be ninja riders.

I was nowhere near imllying that ninja tracks are a gimmick. I even advocated a while back that the ingame ninja's shouldn't have been hidden like they are, but a whole seperate category after extremes for people who want to test their limits, with real leaderboards for people to compete on. I am all for integrating ninja's better in the base game and on TC.

And I never said they shouldn't be crossplatformed, I don't think it should happen every week, but a ninja once in a while doesn't hurt anyone, it's not like I like every crossplatformed track every week anyway so, and I do play ninja's from time to time, as long as they aren't too hard xD. And TC, for the most part, lacks descent ninja's anyway

Jeruhnq
03-13-2015, 04:25 PM
Very nice addition! (next update?)
I had a little smile when i saw the picture on the portal (http://trials.ubi.com/trials-portal/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-195412-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32), i wonder what track is it :rolleyes:

aMcConghie16
03-14-2015, 01:17 AM
When is this update being applied to track central? Also will it happen on 360?