adster01
03-03-2015, 04:34 AM
Please ubisoft add the ability to have multiple save slots I mean wtf

Fatal-Feit
03-03-2015, 04:39 AM
I support this.

Deezl-V
03-03-2015, 07:50 AM
Create a new user name on your console. Problem solved. :)

adster01
03-03-2015, 08:38 AM

That's just stupid I shouldn't have to do that

RADAR__4077
03-03-2015, 07:14 PM
^

Deezl-V
03-03-2015, 07:25 PM
I know you shouldn't have to do that and I agree it is stupid, but it is a solution. I did it and it took me less than 5 minutes to make another account. It's not a big deal. That's my point.

Happy gaming.

Jackdaw951
03-03-2015, 07:27 PM

Totally agree, but it is a complete solution now that you can get almost everything in the game without multiplayer. So create a new free account (which is easy to do) and user name, and you're set.

I second the motion to allow multiple saves, as in Black Flag. It's silly not to, and it's even sillier to not have a graceful way to quit out of the game to a main menu. I'm always afraid that I'm going to screw up my save data when I force a program exit with the Home button. I hope this doesn't become a "thing" in the new gen, because I'm seeing an increasing number of games without a front screen to go back to.

Altair1789
03-03-2015, 09:06 PM
The best way for Ubi to solve this problem is removing initiate MD and everything that comes with it (customization, skill points, etc.) :rolleyes: not co-op though, it can be modified to exist without initiate MD

EmptyCrustacean
03-03-2015, 10:15 PM
Why? It's not a multiple choice game like GTA and you get to replay missions.

Fatal-Feit
03-03-2015, 10:37 PM
Why? It's not a multiple choice game like GTA and you get to replay missions.

Problem is, you can't replay the prologue (which was awesome) and most of the side missions (i.e Paris Stories).

SixKeys
03-03-2015, 11:02 PM

Not a solution if you're a PC player.

Fatal-Feit
03-03-2015, 11:30 PM
Not a solution if you're a PC player.

On PC, you can make new save files.

EmptyCrustacean
03-03-2015, 11:30 PM
Problem is, you can't replay the prologue (which was awesome) and most of the side missions (i.e Paris Stories).

But why would you want to? The murder mysteries aren't much of a "mystery" if you know the murderer beforehand?
And the Paris Stories are so repetitive and lack replay value because there are no mission constraints. Of all the AC games this is the one that shouldn't require save slots imo.

Fatal-Feit
03-04-2015, 12:20 AM
But why would you want to? The murder mysteries aren't much of a "mystery" if you know the murderer beforehand?
And the Paris Stories are so repetitive and lack replay value because there are no mission constraints. Of all the AC games this is the one that shouldn't require save slots imo.

You not liking some of the side content isn't a good argument.

SixKeys
03-04-2015, 12:22 AM
On PC, you can make new save files.

Wait, how? I haven't seen a start new save option in the game.

Farlander1991
03-04-2015, 12:24 AM
Wait, how? I haven't seen a start new save option in the game.

I think he means smth like backup your old save files from uPlay foldier, delete them and start game over.

Shahkulu101
03-04-2015, 12:42 AM
I think you can just create a new Uplay account and play a new game using that.

I'm pretty sure you can have the same game across two accounts but I'm not sure.

SixKeys
03-04-2015, 12:43 AM
I think he means smth like backup your old save files from uPlay foldier, delete them and start game over.

Ain't nobody got time for dat.

EmptyCrustacean
03-04-2015, 12:44 AM
You not liking some of the side content isn't a good argument.

Please tell me where in the post I've stated that? Stop trying to change the subject.
It's basic logic. Those missions aren't replayable for a reason - one requires you to investigate clues/evidence and the other has no constraints to provide a challenge or enough of a different outcome to the last time you played it. Therefore save slots would be pointless. The only thing save slots would be good for in this instance is to pevent game breaking crashes.

Farlander1991
03-04-2015, 12:49 AM
Those missions aren't replayable for a reason - one requires you to investigate clues/evidence and the other has no constraints to provide a challenge or enough of a different outcome to the last time you played it.

So how then would you explain the fact that AC2 side missions (all of them, including the Assassination contracts) are fully replayable when they aren't different from ACU's in any way?

Paris Stories aren't replayable most likely due to technical reasons, just like AC2 main story isn't replayable due to technical reasons.

Fatal-Feit
03-04-2015, 01:16 AM
I think you can just create a new Uplay account and play a new game using that.

I'm pretty sure you can have the same game across two accounts but I'm not sure.

Isn't it easier to just make a new username?

Ain't nobody got time for dat.

Giiiiiiiiiiirl, it only takes a few clicks.

Please tell me where in the post I've stated that? Stop trying to change the subject.
It's basic logic. Those missions aren't replayable for a reason - one requires you to investigate clues/evidence and the other has no constraints to provide a challenge or enough of a different outcome to the last time you played it. Therefore save slots would be pointless. The only thing save slots would be good for in this instance is to pevent game breaking crashes.

I'm not changing the subject. I gave reasons as it why multiple save slots would be good and all you did was criticize the side content. Your argument stands on the fact that you don't like them. People can counter-argue or criticize the previous side missions as well. I, for one, think Black Flag, Rogue, and Unity has the best side content because they are open-ended, full of variety, and aren't linear like the previous titles. In fact, it's because Unity's side missions aren't linear that I think they are worth replaying compared the majority of the past entries.

At the end of the day, you not deeming it worthy of replaying is not a good argument. If you don't want to replay them, stick to you first save file. Cool. But give others, like in this very thread, the option to replay them if they feel the opposite. <-- that's basic logic. =p

And it's not just side missions people care about. There's the prologue mission, wanting to start from scratch, etc, etc.

SixKeys
03-04-2015, 01:39 AM
Giiiiiiiiiiirl, it only takes a few clicks.

You know what else would only take a few clicks? If the game had a button in its main menu called "Start new game". One of the most basic features any game should have. I'm not going to go messing with save files and possibly accidentally end up deleting some important file and end up having to redownload the whole thing. Getting the existing game save to run properly even without messing around with files was a nightmare.

Fatal-Feit
03-04-2015, 02:03 AM
You know what else would only take a few clicks? If the game had a button in its main menu called "Start new game". One of the most basic features any game should have. I'm not going to go messing with save files and possibly accidentally end up deleting some important file and end up having to redownload the whole thing. Getting the existing game save to run properly even without messing around with files was a nightmare.

+1

Megas_Doux
03-04-2015, 02:06 AM
I wish I could play that AWESOME Unity´s prologue EVERYTIME I want, Ubi.....

Selian DeSang
03-04-2015, 05:16 AM
more saves would be nice.... i like being able to get ALL the cut scenes

Democrito_71
03-04-2015, 03:41 PM
I think this one save file thing was a bad idea Ubisoft did. I for one always kept my first save file and tried to reach 100 completion and used the other two save files just to replay the campaign and do all the un-replayable side missions in the old AC-Games. When I went on the menu in ACU, I was literally confused why Ubisoft made that decision :confused: I don't want to delete my first save file there I'm close to reach 100 completion, just to replay all the side missions, recollect all collectibles, "re"buy all outfits, weapons, color settings and such. I want to have two extra save files just to play the story campaign and the side missions without losing the first save file.

I also think the AC-games should have a new game plus like in the Arkham games where you have all the equipments, outfits, color settings, all skill upgrades & harder and tougher enemies.

This thread should at least have a poll about having two extra save files or not so Ubi can see how many who actually want 2 extra save files like in the old games

Jackdaw951
03-05-2015, 03:16 PM

Yes. This. I'm not sure what's going on with the missing front-end functionality that became standard over, oh, 30+ years? It's like the new gen hit, and someone decided front ends were passe. Ubisoft is not alone here. Microsoft is doing the same thing. (See Forza Horizon 2.) The user should never have to mess with files directly to manage game saves, and should have some choices like multiple save slots. Having to create a separate account to replay the game without destroying the main progress shows the deficiency clearly.

Altair1789
03-05-2015, 05:58 PM
I wish I could play that AWESOME Unity´s prologue EVERYTIME I want, Ubi.....

This is the only reason I want more than 1 save file

adster01
11-08-2015, 03:16 AM
it funny I started this thread several weeks ago and nobody from Ubisoft can be bothered to comment...................Thanks for supporting your Paying customers ubisoft real good

Wolfmeister1010
11-08-2015, 03:40 AM
it funny I started this thread several weeks ago and nobody from Ubisoft can be bothered to comment...................Thanks for supporting your Paying customers ubisoft real good

It's been more than a few weeks lol

ziggurcat
11-09-2015, 07:53 AM
Please ubisoft add the ability to have multiple save slots I mean wtf

there would be no reason to do that, really... what would the point be?

adster01
11-09-2015, 05:04 PM
there would be no reason to do that, really... what would the point be?

oh let me think maybe to replay the game and still keep your original play through, just like on every other game ever made

cawatrooper9
11-09-2015, 05:37 PM
oh let me think maybe to replay the game and still keep your original play through, just like on every other game ever made

Exactly. Almost every previous game in the series (bar Unity and Syndicate) had this- and at least in my experience, all three slots were used!

the_don7684
11-09-2015, 05:44 PM
I enjoyed multiple save slots just so I could let my son run around and do what he wanted without fear of him getting into what I had been working on. Now, I've got to be all bad Dad and tell him "no. Not until I'm done" haha!

HiDe N SeaK
11-09-2015, 09:37 PM
I need your help, the developers have made a huge history mistake in Syndicate and I need your help to change it. If you go to Horse Guards (The official entrance to Buckingham Palace [between parliament and trafalgar square]) the the foot guards with bear skins are on guard. This is crazily incorrect as The Life Guards, now the Household Cavalry, have protected this entrance since 1660 and still do today. Myself and all my fellow Cavalry comrades have found this so disrespectful to our Regiment and to the 300 years of history behind the Household Cavalry protecting Horse Guards. The Foot Guards have NEVER protected Horse Guards.
What I am after is full support from all you fellow AC guys and girls to help get behind me in getting Ubisoft to patch this. So far I have had feedback from Ubisoft support twitter thinking for the info but its not enough. Please Please bug them, Tweet them, Facebook them, go crazy here on Reddit, I really need all your help.
Cheers Simon

Wolfmeister1010
11-09-2015, 11:01 PM
I need your help, the developers have made a huge history mistake in Syndicate and I need your help to change it. If you go to Horse Guards (The official entrance to Buckingham Palace [between parliament and trafalgar square]) the the foot guards with bear skins are on guard. This is crazily incorrect as The Life Guards, now the Household Cavalry, have protected this entrance since 1660 and still do today. Myself and all my fellow Cavalry comrades have found this so disrespectful to our Regiment and to the 300 years of history behind the Household Cavalry protecting Horse Guards. The Foot Guards have NEVER protected Horse Guards.
What I am after is full support from all you fellow AC guys and girls to help get behind me in getting Ubisoft to patch this. So far I have had feedback from Ubisoft support twitter thinking for the info but its not enough. Please Please bug them, Tweet them, Facebook them, go crazy here on Reddit, I really need all your help.
Cheers Simon

Erm, there are more pressing issues. Not gonna "bug" them for this, lol. It obviously didnt make sense for them to create completely separate character models for a only a handful of guards.

ziggurcat
11-10-2015, 08:43 AM

and if you're concerned with replaying the game, what would require you to keep your old play through? what benefit does that give you if you're just going to start all over again to begin with?

DynaRider
11-13-2015, 02:40 AM
I'm an old, retired, single guy and with winter setting in I have a lot of time to play video and computer games. I have just finished all of the main missions in Syndicate and would like to start a new game. However, sometimes I'd just like to go back to the original and wander around collecting chests that I didn't get the first time through and play a lot of the other side quests. At the same time though I'd like to have a new game started so I can use some of the stuff I learned or figured out the first time around. I really do miss not having another one or two game save slots. Not a problem in Unity since I have no desire to replay it. I'd really like to have someone from UBI chime in and tell us why they omitted the additional save slots.

adster01
01-12-2016, 01:12 AM
bump

UbiFancy
01-12-2016, 01:30 AM
bump

Please don't bump threads, it is against the Forum Rules (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/907678-Forum-Rules?p=10142073&viewfull=1#post10142073). Thank you!

adster01
01-19-2016, 12:32 AM
is ubisoft ever going to give the Customers the respect they deserve and give an answer to this post?

HDinHB
01-19-2016, 02:58 AM
Well since it's been more than 10 months, and another game has come out, I would guess the answer is no.

Sesheenku
01-19-2016, 03:25 AM
We'll see if they show support by adding the feature back in later games.

It's been a loooooooong time but everything up to AC4 on PC had multiple saves, not sure on console.

I figure I can just take my save out of the folder on PC but I haven't bothered.

What'd be great is if they took a leaf out of JRPG's book and added NG+. Even better if they went all the way with that and actually allowed us some new events/challenges/optional stuff that unlocks on NG+.

Ureh
01-19-2016, 05:32 AM
@Sesheenku NG+?! That sounds cool! So basically it's instant death if we get hit even once right? More enemies too? Instant desync if we get spotted? Yeah I do like that.

Sesheenku
01-19-2016, 05:47 AM
@Sesheenku NG+?! That sounds cool! So basically it's instant death if we get hit even once right? More enemies too? Instant desync if we get spotted? Yeah I do like that.

No no, the typical NG+ makes you stronger the next playthrough but adds very difficult optional content or rather allows you to access it.

There's different kinds of NG+ of course, in Drakengard 2 for example the difficulty continues to increase until you die in one hit. In Persona games you can do social links you missed (character events essentially) fight a boss more powerful than the end game boss and gain access to new character events and abilities. In Lightning returns you unlock hard mode and the ability to upgrade equipment and the ability to level abilities to max.

There's a lot they could do with ideas like that.

I'm referring to standard form though, you keep some things from your previous playthrough and unlock access to content you weren't able to do before. It's up to Ubisoft to decide what that is, although it's typically several quest lines.

In fact a lot of stuff they put as DLC would fit right in as NG+ stuff. Although I doubt they have enough good grace to do something like that and not tear another 30 dollars from us since they're a big company and have long since lost the connection to their fans.

Ureh
01-19-2016, 07:00 AM
Oh okay, reminds me of Arkham games NG+. Yeah I can get behind that. NG+ can give some players the incentive to play more than once.

Sesheenku
01-19-2016, 07:26 AM
Oh okay, reminds me of Arkham games NG+. Yeah I can get behind that. NG+ can give some players the incentive to play more than once.

It also would open up the developers perspective. They'd have to brainstorm what goes into NG and how it affects the second playthrough.

In games like Drakengard it's an opportunity to collect and level weapons you didn't find in your first playthrough. This works well because the variety of the gameplay is 100% tied to those weapons and you'll have to explore more than you did last time too.

Then there's Persona as I mentioned, you can do character events you didn't have time to do previously because those games have a time limit of one in game year, without a guide it's impossible to see all the character events.

There's a lot of great things they could do and I'm certain it will force them to think outside the box if they implemented it in time for the upcoming Assassins Creed in 2017.

Essentially they'd have to sit down and think, what makes AC worth playing? What makes or breaks the combat, the story, the parkour and what enticing extras can we add to it in NG+?

Powerful weapons might be one answer, then comes the next logical thought, how do we put this weapon to use? What extra content can we add that makes this weapon useful but not overpowered as it would have been in the first playthrough?

And so on and so forth. I'm just one person, imagine the things they could come up with if they thought along those lines? NG+ is the way to get them thinking that way.