PDA

View Full Version : O/T Official FS2004 patch coming

oddglob
09-18-2004, 07:23 PM
Hi all,

As I know there are a lot of IL2 Users (including myself) who love FS2004 was well, you will be interested to know that MS will be releasing a patch - probably in October.

It is mainly to address the performance and stability complaints (autogen memory usage, crash to desktop due to seasonal transitions, etc).

But there are some nice bonuses - missing bridges, support for 19 metre resolution mesh (that does *not* mean you will get it though) and a JFK upgrade.

I;m personally very happy to see the stability fixes, because most heavy users of FS2004 such as myself were forced to turn down their terrain configuration to avoid the infamous crash to desktop syndrome.

19 metre mesh will be nice if you have an extremely powerful CPU, heaps of RAM and lots of free hard drive space on a fast hard drive setup. Terrain will look seriously good at that res. So it is nice to see the support capability built in, even if hi res products won't be coming out overnight.

oddglob
09-18-2004, 07:23 PM
Hi all,

As I know there are a lot of IL2 Users (including myself) who love FS2004 was well, you will be interested to know that MS will be releasing a patch - probably in October.

It is mainly to address the performance and stability complaints (autogen memory usage, crash to desktop due to seasonal transitions, etc).

But there are some nice bonuses - missing bridges, support for 19 metre resolution mesh (that does *not* mean you will get it though) and a JFK upgrade.

I;m personally very happy to see the stability fixes, because most heavy users of FS2004 such as myself were forced to turn down their terrain configuration to avoid the infamous crash to desktop syndrome.

19 metre mesh will be nice if you have an extremely powerful CPU, heaps of RAM and lots of free hard drive space on a fast hard drive setup. Terrain will look seriously good at that res. So it is nice to see the support capability built in, even if hi res products won't be coming out overnight.

GvSAP_Wingnut
09-18-2004, 07:30 PM
IBTO

(In before the Olegasms)