PDA

View Full Version : IL2T campaign?

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 08:57 PM
is there an option for a dynamic campaign with an IL2T...i cant find one. If there is, can someone tell me where i can dl it?

Steaks
375th FS

Is it Pets Mart...or Pet Smart????

Message Edited on 10/11/0301:58PM by Steaks_361st

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 08:57 PM
is there an option for a dynamic campaign with an IL2T...i cant find one. If there is, can someone tell me where i can dl it?

Steaks
375th FS

Is it Pets Mart...or Pet Smart????

Message Edited on 10/11/0301:58PM by Steaks_361st

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 09:29 PM
I don't know of a campaign for one and I doubt if anyone would come up with one unless they were a die hard fan of torpedo bombers. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy flying the IL-2T too. I have developed some nice missions for it, but no campaign.

A few weeks ago we had a new guy join us for the afternoon at my friend's house. I had developed an IL-2T mission just for him. It takes little experience to fly an IL-2T mission and most of us didn't last very long. The game's AA fire from ships just rips IL-2T's to pieces.

Given the average life expectancy of a torpedo bomber in the game, as well as in real life, this would have to be a very short campaign.

There are also some serious problems in the way torpedoes are modeled in the game to make a campaign realistic. I brought these up months ago and was told someone else had done the same months before me. So far no fixes on this. The main problems are:
1) Torpedoes run forever (as far as I know)
2) You can drop them from any altitude and at any speed and they always run straight and true.

These issues make torpedoes a nice change of pace for single missions, but too much like an arcade game to spend the time to develop a campaign.

I'd be glad to share my IL-2T mission(s) with you if you want.

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 10:19 PM
There isn't one that I am aware of, although it is a flyable a/c. Get Aircraft list for Campaigns for complete listings of what is possible in campaigns and how to substitute planes.

http://www.mudmovers.com/Sims/FB/fb_essential_files.htm

XyZspineZyX
10-11-2003, 10:33 PM
You can make the IL-2T availible in campaign mode, but you will be ordered to blow up tanks and airfields /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif . An anti-shipping campiagn would be nice for both sides but I doubt it will happen given that the IL-2, Ju-87 and He-111 campaigns appear to have been an after thought. Maybe someone can make a branched IL-2T campaign for you.

<center>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I/JG1 Oesau (http://jg1-oesau.org) is recruiting. Join us!

Stab.I/JG1Death at HL, Maj_Death at Ubi.com

At the start of WW2 the German army lacked experienced anti-aircraft gunners. The average gunner was so bad that the USSR decided to help them out. They did it by forcing some of their pilots to fly I-153 flak magnets. These planes were slow but very sturdy. This allowed German anti-aircraft gunners to get a large amount of target practice on a relatively small number of planes. Thanks to the Soviets help, by the end of the war the German anti-aircraft gunners were amoung the best in the world.</center>