PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite AC mission?

Matknapers18
03-01-2015, 10:50 PM
Through all the AC games, Ubisoft have made some fantastic missions, many of which remain in my memory, years after experiencing. So which AC mission is your favourite? Which mission have you replayed over and over? Sometimes missions are experienced on an emotional level, as the gameplay is charged through meaningful narrative or story. Or perhaps a mission thats challenging, but incredibly satisfying once completed. Or, my personal favourites, the cinematic missions that really flow and just look awesome.

Im interested to see what you guys liked!

Here's a couple of my favourites:

Assassin's Creed 3 - Sequence 1: A Deadly performance

http://i60.tinypic.com/etwaw2.png

Now this is probably my favourite AC mission ever. Going in at midnight to pick up AC3, Hype levels over 9000, and then jumping into this. You couldn't wipe the smile off my face.

In this memory you play as Haytham Kenway. You attend The Beggar's Opera in the London Royal Opera House, in order to meet with Reginald Birch and discuss the next step in their plan. You are then required to traverse through the opera house in order to reach a viewing box balcony to assassinate your target. The mission is beautifully designed as the performance continues while you scale the theatre balcony's, observing the behaviour of the numerous spectators. All this combined with an incredibly satisfying escape, as Haytham strolls out of the building amidst all the chaos and screaming.

Assassin's Creed 2 - Sequence 8: Infrequent Flier

http://i57.tinypic.com/rktpue.jpg

We all say it coming. Probably the most famous AC mission ever. And rightly so.

In this mission you must pilot Leonardo's flying machine to the Palazzo Ducale, dodging the flaming arrows of archers and the Venetian buildings. Once inside, you then assassinate Carlo Grimaldi. Put simply, the mission is just fun. By this moment in the game, you have been exploring the AC2 world for a while, and its just a nice breath of fresh air to have a break from the free running and stealth. A mission where you can sit back, and just enjoy the spectacle.

Assassin's Creed Revelations - Sequence 5: Forum of the Ox

http://i59.tinypic.com/16h6qnq.jpg

My favourite mission from Revelations, truly a cinematic experience. Nothing more satisfying then completing this mission without making any mistakes.

After having recovered another one of Niccolò Polo's books, Ezio found a hidden entrance to the Forum of the Ox' interior. He entered it to investigate and found another key to Altaïr's library. Here, you must chase a fleeing boat though the caves and ruins free running over ziplines, poles, stone columns, and many, many ledges. The mission just flows so smoothly, and makes you really feel like a master assassin. It may be incredibly linear, but you will never see AC free running look more fluid. Accompanied with some epic music, and great visuals, i found myself replaying this one a lot.

so what are your favourite missions? :)

dimbismp
03-01-2015, 11:11 PM
Mine are:
The "machine gun" (Leonardo's machines side missions) in ACB
The "flying machine"(the same) in ACB
The "tank mission" (the same) in ACB
The "Forum of the Ox" mission in ACR
The opera mission in AC3
The "Captain Kidd-Pegleg" mission which took place at a fort in AC3
The "death of Blackbeard" mission in AC4
The "assassination of Prins" in AC4
The "Palais Royal" heist mission in ACU
The "assassination of Sivert" mission in ACU

Fatal-Feit
03-01-2015, 11:28 PM
All of the games have had some amazing missions, even despite the linearity, and I agree with the ones you listed. My favorite are all of the black box missions in Unity, including the CO-OP missions. They are all open ended and brilliantly designed with plenty of dynamics and every replay offers a new experience.

Special shoutouts to Black Flag and Rogue, because their missions are the best of last generation. They were linear, but kept players engaged with many alternative paths alongside freedom of stealth or combat and did a ingenious job of keeping both fatigued & veteran players hooked by incorporating naval gameplay to the mix.

The reason why I'm not getting specific with the ancestor's missions are because I want to tackle my favorite Desmond missions.

In Brotherhood, the first MD mission you're tasked with is to open the door to the villa's vault in Monteriggioni.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuzgJh4vxs0&list=PLBz-8qkNkY36yMtt7v2Xm1rVxGBJktJm-&index=2

This mission did a bit of everything for MD. For one, it showed how connected the MD and past were, represented through the Auditore Villa and Desmond's bleeding effect. It demonstrates how much skill and parkour Desmond has learned from reviewing Ezio's memories and the toll it was taking on him. And it also presented the strong bond and relationship Desmond and Lucy had build up from the previous games. Overall, alongside being a brilliantly designed navigation tutorial, this mission has got to be one of the best 3rd person MD missions.

Honorable mentions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_GaKS2psyE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoNJLaXVjO4

Matknapers18
03-01-2015, 11:40 PM
The "Captain Kidd-Pegleg" mission which took place at a fort in AC3
Oh yes, I loved this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_GaKS2psyE

I nearly added this one, this mission actually made me really quite desperate for a modern day game. This was probably my favourite MD mission throughout all the games.

Although, I agree with you about the Desmond/Lucy mission in Brotherhood, I really enjoyed that one. Not only because, like you said, it developed Desmond's relationship with Lucy but it also created some perspective with the links between past and the present. Plus it was awesome throwing Lucy about xD

playlisting
03-01-2015, 11:58 PM
Assassin's Creed 2 - Sequence 8: Infrequent Flier

http://i57.tinypic.com/rktpue.jpg

We all say it coming. Probably the most famous AC mission ever. And rightly so.

In this mission you must pilot Leonardo's flying machine to the Palazzo Ducale, dodging the flaming arrows of archers and the Venetian buildings. Once inside, you then assassinate Carlo Grimaldi. Put simply, the mission is just fun. By this moment in the game, you have been exploring the AC2 world for a while, and its just a nice breath of fresh air to have a break from the free running and stealth. A mission where you can sit back, and just enjoy the spectacle.

As soon as I read the title this was the mission I thought of. It's very impressive seeing Venice from a birds eye view. It makes me realise why Assassin's Creed 2 is the pinnacle of the series. The only other mission as creative as this was the very last mission in Revelations where Sofia is driving the cart with Ezio flying behind with his parachute, swooping down for his prey like an eagle.

The mission in Assassin's Creed 3 where you're running across the battlefield moving from cover to cover was the first time I felt as badass as the assassins in the CGI trailers. I can't remember what the mission was called sadly - but it's definitely one of my favourites.

Fatal-Feit
03-02-2015, 12:23 AM
This was probably my favourite MD mission throughout all the games.

Watch_Dogs did a better job of being my ideal MD AC, but this mission wasn't half bad. I agree, it's probably one of my favorite Desmond missions as well. The setup is quite linear, but the mission felt pseudo open-ended and it did an awesome job of showing off the new engine, alongside a MD world that was densely populated and felt alive. It had a good balance of stealth, combat, and navigation (especially love the stadium part, oh muh gawd). I mean, there's not much else to say, other than this mission being the perfect demonstration of how much better of an Assassin Desmond have become since AC2.

The mission in Assassin's Creed 3 where you're running across the battlefield moving from cover to cover was the first time I felt as badass as the assassins in the CGI trailers. I can't remember what the mission was called sadly - but it's definitely one of my favourites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrX_gDTzimw

Matknapers18
03-02-2015, 01:18 AM
Watch_Dogs did a better job of being my ideal MD AC, but this mission wasn't half bad. I agree, it's probably one of my favorite Desmond missions as well. The setup is quite linear, but the mission felt pseudo open-ended and it did an awesome job of showing off the new engine, alongside a MD world that was densely populated and felt alive. It had a good balance of stealth, combat, and navigation (especially love the stadium part, oh muh gawd). I mean, there's not much else to say, other than this mission being the perfect demonstration of how much better of an Assassin Desmond have become since AC2.

Completely agree. And that Stadium part was just amazing, imagine that with Unity engine and graphics. I feel like we need an AC game set in Modern Day at one point. This mission and WatchDogs both display that. Im just not ready for it yet. Theres still so many historical periods left to explore, and I think that a MD game should maybe happen once Ubi feel like they been everywhere they would like to go. Or they could just revive modern day storyline with another 3rd person protagonist like Desmond. That would be ideal.

Shahkulu101
03-02-2015, 01:29 AM
Quite a lot from the various games - and I'm going to include side missions since they are as important to me as the main game:

AC1: Abu'l Nuqoud assassination, Battle of Arsuf.

AC2: Uberto assassination, Emilo Barbarigo assassination, flying machine mission, encounter with Rodrigo at Vatican. Side missions: Florence Cathedral Tomb, San Marco's Secret tomb.

ACB: Juan Borgia assassination, Infiltrating the Castello, Siege of Viana, Leonardo's war machines (tutorial mission) - the machine gun. Side missions: first Romulus lair, Vatican Romulus lair, Leonardo's war machines - the bomber.

ACR: The whole of sequences one and two - basically one long mission, Ezio plays the lute, Tarik assassination, Ezio causing 'splosions at the golden horn and sailing off like a badass, the last memory where he talks to Altair and Desmond - not much gameplay but **** me the emotions. Side missions: Templar Den's - the only actual side mission FFS.

AC3: William Johnson assassination, Battle of Bunker Hill, killing Charles Lee. Side missions: Fort Walcott, Mad Doctor's castle, final naval mission.

ACIV: Acquiring the Jackdaw, Du Casse assassination, Prins assassination, escaping from Kingston Prison (Mary Read OTL), Woodes Rogers assassination. Side missions: Templar Hunt - Anto. A lot of good but not particularly memorable side missions since they all have minimal story and no cutscenes except for the Templar Hunts.

ACU: Helix intro mission, Sivert assassination, Lafreniere assassination, Le Peltier assassination, La Touché assassination, the blow-y up one in that dome building. Side missions: None are that memorable like ACIV because there is no meaningful context. Favourite co-op mission is It Belongs in a Museum.

I-Like-Pie45
03-02-2015, 02:42 AM
Paul Reveres Midnight Ride and the Ahmet Carriage Chase in ACR

Defalt221
03-02-2015, 12:06 PM
A DEADLY PERFORMANCE was bery linear..

Farlander1991
03-02-2015, 01:03 PM
Can I just say that the Venice screenshot in the OP shows just how much better looking Venice is without the overblown blue filter from the game? Maybe if it would've been subtle, but it's not, I didn't even know those landmarks were supposed to be of a red/brick color >_<

Shahkulu101
03-02-2015, 02:07 PM
Yeah that filter really ticks me off, Venice would look far better without that horribly washed out colour scheme.

If they do remaster the games for the current generation, that's the number one thing I want them to change. It sounds trivial but I honestly can't enjoy Venice very much because of it.

ACfan443
03-02-2015, 07:34 PM
Can I just say that the Venice screenshot in the OP shows just how much better looking Venice is without the overblown blue filter from the game? Maybe if it would've been subtle, but it's not, I didn't even know those landmarks were supposed to be of a red/brick color >_<

Already posted this somewhere but I'll bring it up again, during 'Well Begun is Half Done' and 'Infrequent Flyer', while in the dusk phase the filter's switched off and a more artistically striking scheme takes its place, and it's quite simply the height of Venice's beauty in AC2

http://youtu.be/Epe8AhjoKNk
10:40 onwards

In all of my playthroughs whenever I reach this point in the campaign I spend a good amount of time deviating from the objective and just exploring what I can of a vibrant, warmer Venice since it's a rare treat (though it can be hit and miss with Infrequent Flyer as it'll sometimes launch late into the night with the filter sporadically returning). If they were ever to remaster the game this is how I imagine the city's renewed aesthetics would look (with better textures and various other graphical enhancements of course).

GunnerGalactico
03-02-2015, 07:42 PM
Quite a lot from the various games - and I'm going to include side missions since they are as important to me as the main game:

AC1: Abu'l Nuqoud assassination, Battle of Arsuf.

AC2: Uberto assassination, Emilo Barbarigo assassination, flying machine mission, encounter with Rodrigo at Vatican. Side missions: Florence Cathedral Tomb, San Marco's Secret tomb.

ACB: Juan Borgia assassination, Infiltrating the Castello, Siege of Viana, Leonardo's war machines (tutorial mission) - the machine gun. Side missions: first Romulus lair, Vatican Romulus lair, Leonardo's war machines - the bomber.

ACR: The whole of sequences one and two - basically one long mission, Ezio plays the lute, Tarik assassination, Ezio causing 'splosions at the golden horn and sailing off like a badass, the last memory where he talks to Altair and Desmond - not much gameplay but **** me the emotions. Side missions: Templar Den's - the only actual side mission FFS.

AC3: William Johnson assassination, Battle of Bunker Hill, killing Charles Lee. Side missions: Fort Walcott, Mad Doctor's castle, final naval mission.

ACIV: Acquiring the Jackdaw, Du Casse assassination, Prins assassination, escaping from Kingston Prison (Mary Read OTL), Woodes Rogers assassination. Side missions: Templar Hunt - Anto. A lot of good but not particularly memorable side missions since they all have minimal story and no cutscenes except for the Templar Hunts.

ACU: Helix intro mission, Sivert assassination, Lafreniere assassination, Le Peltier assassination, La Touché assassination, the blow-y up one in that dome building. Side missions: None are that memorable like ACIV because there is no meaningful context. Favourite co-op mission is It Belongs in a Museum.

^ This basically.

In addition to that, I also liked the Sibrand assassination in AC1.

ACRo: By invitation only, Circumstances, Men O War, The Heist and Caress of Steel. Side missions: most of the Assassination interceptions

Xstantin
03-02-2015, 07:48 PM
That blue filter :nonchalance: (I noticed Unity gets one as well at times, I think it's afternoon)

Speaking about favorite missions:

AC - entering Acre for the first time (not really a mission, but it was so awesome imo)
ACII - "Town Crier", "Infrequent Flyer"
ACB - Banker assassination
ACR - Hagia Sophia tomb sidemission
ACIII - William Johnson assassination
Black Flag - "The Treasure Fleet", "To Suffer without Dying" & "Delirium"
Unity - "A Dinner Engagement"

Altair1789
03-03-2015, 02:15 AM
I really really REALLY liked Forum of the Ox. Might make a list later of my favorite missions from each game. Aside from that though I loved all Leonardo Machine missions in Brotherhood

Fatal-Feit
03-03-2015, 03:49 AM

Awwwww, man. If only we could replay main sequences in AC2... Venice is stunning w/o the filter.

That blue filter :nonchalance: (I noticed Unity gets one as well at times, I think it's afternoon)

Versailles has a similar filter.