PDA

View Full Version : Can't even describe my feelings...

Death98000
03-01-2015, 06:58 PM
Hey guys, I got Assassin's Creed Unity for my birthday, when i got it i knew bugs were to occur. So i've installed and updated my game. All I could do was play for 5 minutes. After that amount of time my game became unreal. I couldn't see anything my character was streched out on the whole screen making hte game looks like some lines and pixels. I did all i could, desinstal and reinstalling it searching for help. So one week ago i've decided to contact Ubisoft for some help or at least to tell them there was a bug. Since then i've got nothing, no answers, no updates, not even a sign. They left their game like it was.
Now I've wrote them my last message. And now i'm talking to you, Ubisoft (a great companie since the beginning) wouldn't even respond to me. They aren't such a good companie like before. THis game seemed great I was excited to have it but I lost all faith in them. They left the sinking ship like rats and nothing can help it.
If you are in my case or were please tell me if you found out how to work your way throught this bug.
I don't care about your answers I'll read them but in my opinion Ubisoft made a great mistake.

playlisting
03-01-2015, 08:11 PM
Try uninstalling your drivers by using display driver uninstaller and download the latest WHQL drivers for your card. I'm not promising anything but it's worth a shot.

shickapowow
03-01-2015, 10:07 PM
You haven't even posted your computer specs. For all we know you are severely under-equipped for this game.

Lignjoslav
03-01-2015, 11:10 PM
Are your other games working fine? Unfortunately, broken (stretched) polygons often indicate bad memory on the graphics card. And while Unity has plenty of issues, as far as I know, what you describe is not one of them.

Death98000
03-01-2015, 11:19 PM
You haven't even posted your computer specs. For all we know you are severely under-equipped for this game.

My computer has an Interl(R) Core(TM) I7-4700HQ CPU and an NVIDIA GEFORCE 750m.

Death98000
03-01-2015, 11:20 PM
Are your other games working fine? Unfortunately, broken (stretched) polygons often indicate bad memory on the graphics card. And while Unity has plenty of issues, as far as I know, what you describe is not one of them.

All my games work fine I run guild wars 2 full graphics with no drops. I just don't know what may happen with the game. It may be my computer as far as i know it should be working fine. But the most frustrating part is the way Ubisoft act: no answers nothing.

jeffies04
03-02-2015, 01:17 AM
Make sure your settings are all on low. Unity is a severely demanding game and a 750m is cutting it pretty low. Lower everything and kick resolution down too.

Officially, Ubisoft "doesn't support laptop cards", but a lot of people run on them, just not on very high settings.

Will_Lucky
03-02-2015, 01:22 AM
All my games work fine I run guild wars 2 full graphics with no drops. I just don't know what may happen with the game. It may be my computer as far as i know it should be working fine. But the most frustrating part is the way Ubisoft act: no answers nothing.

Try WvW, your frames will tank. You have an i7 and middle mobile GPU, GW2 will run fine on well most modern set ups.
ACU on the other hand is another beast entirely, your 750M doesn't have much horsepower and if it's the 1gb variant your even worse off. Turn the settings down to low and lower res as needed.

Death98000
03-02-2015, 09:41 AM
Try WvW, your frames will tank. You have an i7 and middle mobile GPU, GW2 will run fine on well most modern set ups.
ACU on the other hand is another beast entirely, your 750M doesn't have much horsepower and if it's the 1gb variant your even worse off. Turn the settings down to low and lower res as needed.

I'll try it but since the beggining i got my setting on low and if i turn them down, i'll just see some pixels in the air ;). I run WvW without problem too so i thought AC Unity would be ok

Mr_Shade
03-02-2015, 03:12 PM
I'll try it but since the beggining i got my setting on low and if i turn them down, i'll just see some pixels in the air ;). I run WvW without problem too so i thought AC Unity would be ok
Hi,

It's vital that you check a games requirements - just because one game runs 'ok' does not mean every game will.

Unfortunately if you have everything set to low - updated your drivers and it's still not working - not much anyone can suggest to make it work - sorry.

The requirements for Unity are clear that a 2GB card is required and that laptop cards may work - but are not supported or recommended.

playlisting
03-02-2015, 05:57 PM
Hi

Is there any way I can change the forums to recognise English spelling instead of American? I keep thinking I've spelled words wrong but it's because I'm using an 's' instead of a zed - or a 'u' where there just isn't one in the American spelling. I'm in much the same position as Shaun was with the Animus in Assassin's Creed 3. If the forums don't already have the feature - it would be nice if Ubi could make it so.

Mr_Shade
03-02-2015, 06:03 PM
Is there any way I can change the forums to recognise English spelling instead of American? I keep thinking I've spelled words wrong but it's because I'm using an 's' instead of a zed - or a 'u' where there just isn't one in the American spelling. I'm in much the same position as Shaun was with the Animus in Assassin's Creed 3. If the forums don't already have the feature - it would be nice if Ubi could make it so.

Any spell checking you have - would be at browser level - it's not the forums ;)

Right click in the text window and choose 'spell - checker options' [for chrome] :)

http://i58.tinypic.com/140gjlj.jpg

playlisting
03-02-2015, 06:05 PM
any spell checking you have - would be at browser level - it's not the forums ;)

right click in the text window and choose 'spell - checker options' [for chrome] :)

THANK YOU! I've been looking for a way to do that for months! Much appreciated :D

tcarlisle2012
03-02-2015, 06:29 PM
My computer has an Interl(R) Core(TM) I7-4700HQ CPU and an NVIDIA GEFORCE 750m.

I don't have a 750M to test with, but do have the game running on a low end desktop (9660 quad core CPU) and a 750ti. It runs fine at all but the most aggressive settings. Performance wise, the 750M is just a hair slower than a 750ti. The 750m can support up to 4GB ram, but I can't say what yours has. It supports directX 11 and shader v5. YOu may be able to get it working, and if so that is good, but Ubisoft won't spend time helping you much because your configuration is out of scope of their support for this game.

One thing I would check is heat. Laptops are typically not too good at cooling the internals, and a high end 3D game is going to create a lot of heat. If your vents are blocked or clogged, then you might have a cooling issue, and resolving that could make a big difference.

I would not expect the most demanding game to run well on any laptop. To run decent games, a desktop PC needs a GPU card that is about 1/3 the are of a typical PC motherboard, and has 2-3 fans on the card, and needs dedicated power from the power supply. It isn't logical to think all that can be miniaturized into a laptop's limited space and power.

gloops1
03-05-2015, 09:49 PM
Sounds very much like a computer specs problem to me! Things move so fast these days I am constantly checking game specs. New gear only lasts about a year these days! There is a 'speck check' site somewhere called "CAN YOU RUN IT" ..very good to make sure you have got the right gear aboard.