PDA

View Full Version : Soundtrack

Pages : [1] 2 3

XyZspineZyX
11-20-2003, 05:00 PM
Does anyone know if there is a soundtrack available??

[This message was edited by bitebug2003 on Thu February 19 2004 at 02:13 PM.]

XyZspineZyX
11-20-2003, 05:00 PM
Does anyone know if there is a soundtrack available??

[This message was edited by bitebug2003 on Thu February 19 2004 at 02:13 PM.]

XyZspineZyX
11-26-2003, 02:38 AM
I think not. But if we beg & whine enough maybe Ubisoft will put it online in some form? I can only hope.

XyZspineZyX
11-27-2003, 06:47 AM
I agree.. the game soundtrack is easily the best one since the MechWarrior 2 one, and more important, motion picture worthy. Kudos to the music staff, and oh all right, to the entire Dev Team.

You have all done an excellent job!

XyZspineZyX
11-28-2003, 03:00 AM
Bug the hell out of UBISoft and you never know...you push enough buttons something is bound to happen....
Also try any Peer to Peer application because you never know what you can find on them.
-Dave

XyZspineZyX
12-07-2003, 09:26 PM
Who do we have to bug to get a soundtrack?

XyZspineZyX
12-08-2003, 04:11 AM
Good question, I too would purchase the soundtrack. I love the Akuda Bar/Installation (for the PC version) soundtrack. Simply my favorite piece from a collection of great atmospheric music (fits perfectly with the game).

One idea is an online petition, but they very rarely work. Companies don't take them seriously, because of the little effort it takes to sign one and the fact one person can sign multiple times.

On one other note, does this selection of music remind you of any other games? For example, it reminds me (due to it's quirkiness) of the music of Omikron: The Nomad Soul.

XyZspineZyX
12-23-2003, 10:26 PM
Hy guys! I've just subscribed to the BGE forum and i simply love the Beyond good and evil sondtrack. I have the means to "rip" the entire soundtrack off the game. I would like to know if any of you would support me in dooing so. I would not use the BGE Soundtrack for any commercial use just for it's mear delight. I also have the means to put it on a site so that u guys would be able to download it later. I just want to know a few things:

1. If you agree with this then please send me an e-mail to anubis_forever@hotmail.com with the subject BGE Soundtrack.

2. If you agree with this please inform other people that badly want the soundtrack and kindly ask them to support me with it.

3. All u guys who support me please send e-mails with the tracks that need riped and in wich areas of the game may i find them.

PS: All tracks will have 100% quality (no noise and disruption) They will be exactly as you hear them in-game!

Thank you all and send me e-mails!
anubis_forever@hotmail.com

XyZspineZyX
12-23-2003, 11:49 PM
Update: I have the means to "rip" !allmost! the entire soundtrack off the game.

This means i cannot rip music wich has dialogues over it (eg: cinematics). Theese tracks can only be ripped partially, but
most (say 85%-90%) of the soudtrack i can rip!

Send me e-mails and please support me!

Message Edited on 12/23/0310:56PM by Anubis2004

XyZspineZyX
12-24-2003, 12:19 AM
Also if anybody is interested in a public OST please post in the GIVE US A SOUNDTRACK thread, Its kinda like a pole to see all the supporters of a soundtrack to post in one spot.

Here is a link:

GIVE US A SOUNDTRACK (http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=bge_gd&id=zzybi)

Hopefully we can get enough to spark someone uptop to push harder for a soundtrack.

Thanks.

XyZspineZyX
12-24-2003, 12:35 AM
UPDATE: I am now able to rip cinematic tracks at High quality (without the dialogues). So whoever wants to support me please e-mail me at anubis_forever@hotmail.com I can extract the FULL soundtrack and put in on the net!
I just want to know a few things:

1. If you agree with this then please send me an e-mail to anubis_forever@hotmail.com with the subject BGE Soundtrack.

2. If you agree with this please inform other people that badly want the soundtrack and kindly ask them to support me with it.

3. All u guys who support me please send e-mails with the tracks that need riped and in wich areas of the game may i find them.

PS: All tracks will have 100% quality (no noise and disruption) They will be exactly as you hear them in-game!

Thank you all and send me e-mails!

Message Edited on 12/23/0311:53PM by Anubis2004

XyZspineZyX
12-24-2003, 12:35 AM
Anubis2004:

How are you getting them out? What kind of files are they? I searched through sally_clean.bf with a HEX editor, and I find what looks like WAV files (that I can't get to work).

I would love to learn how to find and extract files from images like this.

XyZspineZyX
12-24-2003, 12:40 AM
Jason____:

I extract them using FRAPS! it's a kind of FPS recorder. It basically stores all frames in a big AVI movie wich can later be encoded with VirtualDUB. It can also extract sounds from the recorded movies in wav format. from here on i process the music tracks with some of the best audio editors and come up with high-quality tracks from the game.

PS: If you can please give me some hints on how i could use a HEX editor wo extract them from the sally_clean.bf

thanks!

XyZspineZyX
12-24-2003, 12:46 AM
Anubis2004: Thanks for the info, I'll have to try it.

I'm using Hex Workshop. Most wav files seem to include the text "WAVEfmt" near the top, so I searched for that text. You will find a bunch of them that that are too close together to be real files though.

If it was as simple as copying data from one point to the next, I could write a program to do it. But I know it's not that easy.

EDIT: I see, your way looks like a lot of work. How are you recording the music without the sound effects? Did you turn the sound volume to 0?

Message Edited on 12/24/0312:00AM by Jason____

XyZspineZyX
12-24-2003, 01:00 AM
Thanks for the info. I'll soon have the BGE Soundtrack site up and i'll put all mp3 tracks i've extracted so far. (7-8 tracks so far). You'll be able to download them from there. also please give me ur e-mail Jason____!

More tracks will be out soon!

XyZspineZyX
12-24-2003, 07:41 AM
Why do I have this feeling that this is somehow illegal...

XyZspineZyX
12-24-2003, 12:12 PM
It would be illegal if we would sell the soundtrack once we'd got it. But i have no intention of dooing that.

XyZspineZyX
12-24-2003, 01:20 PM
The unoficial BGE soundtrack site has been crashed. but i hope to get it back up soon! if not today!

Message Edited on 12/24/0302:20PM by Anubis2004

XyZspineZyX
12-24-2003, 01:39 PM
Anubis2004 wrote:
- It would be illegal if we would sell the soundtrack
- once we'd got it. But i have no intention of dooing
- that.
-
-

I'm just thinking that there might be a legal clause somewhere that states no component of the product may be distributed without authorization. Better write to Ubi first, just to be safe.

XyZspineZyX
12-24-2003, 03:05 PM
I would write to them but i can't seem to find the e-mail. help please!

XyZspineZyX
12-24-2003, 03:32 PM
The BGE FRP Rip site is still crashed and i don't think i'll be able to put the full soundtracl there! I'll find a place to put it eventually...

Message Edited on 12/24/0307:58PM by Anubis2004

XyZspineZyX
12-28-2003, 02:20 PM
Bump. Just wondering, can someone head into the sally_clean.bf file with a HEX editor and see if you can locate any useful?

XyZspineZyX
12-28-2003, 06:02 PM
I don't think Ubi will have a problem with this. We did much the same with the soundtrack for Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, and they haven't locked the thread or requested anyone desist sharing the music. (And along those lines, whoever gets a complete soundtrack going, I can probably track down some of the hosts for the PoP music and see if they'd be willing to branch out...)

Ubi had reasons for not releasing a soundtrack. If it weren't for, pick one: profitability, licensing issues, timing - they would, because they want to make money. Even if they were to decide "you know, those forum people are right, let's market that mutha", it'd take time for them to remaster the music appropriately, get marketing and graphic design together to whip up a jacket and label, stamp out the CDs and ship them to appropriate locations. There won't be any instant gratification on this one, folks.

So ripping it is probably the only real solution. I'm just going off a little to benefit certain posters who feel they have somehow been betrayed by the continued lack of soundtrack. Do me a favor, guys - go over to Techs & Tips and gripe about the keycard bug in patch 1.01, because I don't blame Ubisoft. They're running a business and they have to make business decisions.

XyZspineZyX
12-28-2003, 07:39 PM
ermm...Anubis2004, what's the URL for ur soundtrack site???

-----------------------------------------------------
B3YoND GooD & 3VIL RoCKS!

XyZspineZyX
12-29-2003, 10:54 AM
I managed to grab the music from the trailer on the US Downloads site, and unfortunately, I had to leave the 'Rated T...for Teen' part at the end, otherwise the notes would end oddly. Its in a VBR .ogg file.

XyZspineZyX
12-29-2003, 12:44 PM
UBI SOFT PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ

give these nice and sweet ppl (including me) a soundtrack.
Think of all the money you could make!

[This message was edited by bitebug2003 on Wed February 25 2004 at 08:21 AM.]

XyZspineZyX
12-29-2003, 02:47 PM
Scratch that. I grabbed the raw .wav data off the UK trailer instead. Way clearer, and the annoying text at the end isn't pronounced.

Have it in a 128kbps MP3 and a Full VBR .OGG file.

And for fun, I decided to remaster the UK trailer with DivX Pro and a friend's copy of SoundForge. I have managed to squeeze a 25MB trailer into a 5MB .avi file that looks and sounds the same. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

XyZspineZyX
12-30-2003, 12:52 AM
I have the last three songs from when you beat the final boss to the very end of the credits recorded digitally and in mp3. I can put them on my webspace temporarily for people to download, but I'm not sure if that would get me in trouble or not. Let me know.

XyZspineZyX
12-30-2003, 02:40 PM
I have successfully ripped so far 39 tracks from the game and they all have good quality. I tryed to put them on tripod sites but they are more sneaky than me :I... I've tried everithing, even password protected archives.. but if i put mp3s on theyr sites they'll say 1 day after that i've violated the therms of use and they'll crash the site so i don't have any site to put them on. I NEED HELP!

PS: I've tried putting them on 1and1.com but that's only for USA and CANADA... and i'm from Europe....

If anybody has any sudgestions please help me!

ANUB|S

XyZspineZyX
12-30-2003, 02:51 PM
I' didn't rip all BGE soundtrack! More tracks will be ripped soon. I didn't know it had so many till i started this ripping http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

XyZspineZyX
12-30-2003, 05:27 PM
Anubis, have you managed to get the tracks onto a webpage so we can dowload them? i've looked everywhere to find any tracks to download but i'm completely stuck

thanks

XyZspineZyX
01-01-2004, 05:14 PM
Sorry guys! I haven't found any site to put them on but i won't give up hope. If any of you can help me please do so. Any site that has no file size upload limit would be great. i have so far 39 tracks that take 60 megs so... i estimate that the full soundtrack will have 100+ MB..

XyZspineZyX
01-02-2004, 12:02 AM
I would very much like the soundtrack of the Akuda Bar plz

Add me if you have msn.. maybe i can get webhosting http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
or else mail me

my email is : nzitter@hotmail.com
^^

bye

XyZspineZyX
01-02-2004, 08:41 AM
Actually, i've looked at it cuz i loved the music too, esp the piano in the end scene. Any way, the extractor isn't hard, at least for the WAV files, i've extracted a few with Hex Workshop (best $50 i've ever spent ;-)), The problem is, that any program I've used to play the wave file doesn't recognise the codec id in it, I have a few if anyone wants to play around with it. Although, the music could be stored in a mp3-like file instead. These are prolly just the voices and sounds of the game.

XyZspineZyX
01-02-2004, 08:57 PM
somebody upload it!! or i'll be forced to record it with microphone to tv! lol...

~Safe and sound in it's shell, the precious pearl is the slave of the currents.~ - Beyond Good & Evil

XyZspineZyX
01-02-2004, 10:55 PM
I have made a pause this week in ripping the soundtrack (the new year and some personal business) but i will restart the job tomorrow and if nothing comes up i will put it on the net using Bit Torrent and you will be able to find the soundtrack on the BitTorrent site www.suprnova.org (http://www.suprnova.org) under Music, in the Soundtracks section. I will post the bittorrent link as soon as i have the full soundtrack uploaded and i will send e-mails to all who have mailed me about the BGE Soundtrack giving them the link.

That is if i don't get the tracks on an URL sooner. Anyways, wish me luck! And thanks to all who support me!

Message Edited on 01/02/0410:10PM by Anubis2004

XyZspineZyX
01-03-2004, 08:41 PM
Thanks to Draikin, the Unofficial Soundtrack for Beyond Good and Evil can be found at:

http://www.minstrum.net/bge.php

All mp3s files are stored in ZIP format.
More tracks will be up soon!
Thank you all for your support!

ANUB|S

XyZspineZyX
01-03-2004, 09:00 PM
thanks...downloading...

~Safe and sound in it's shell, the precious pearl is the slave of the currents.~ - Beyond Good & Evil

XyZspineZyX
01-03-2004, 09:32 PM
to bad this game didn't have an option to turn off...both sound effects and voices...it would make it a lot easier to record it...anyway...i really hope that ubisoft releases an official soundtrack....but your caps will work for now..thanks again Anubis2004/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
01-03-2004, 09:51 PM
i have the battle music when she's fighting the DomZ after the "They'reComing" track and i have the three songs at the end if you want them...

XyZspineZyX
01-04-2004, 05:32 AM
This message will now self-destruct.

Message Edited on 01/04/0404:33AM by Veavitdpoh

XyZspineZyX
01-04-2004, 05:34 AM
that happened to me a couple times too...just keep trying ...and you'll soon get the save window...

XyZspineZyX
01-04-2004, 05:02 PM
Thanks for all your hard work Anubis. Your a star.

XyZspineZyX
01-04-2004, 05:55 PM
i have the battle music when she's fighting the DomZ after the "They'reComing" track and i have the three songs at the end if you want them...

yeah, i want the music where jade face the enemy for the FIRST time...rite after the meditation thing...
thanx...

XyZspineZyX
01-04-2004, 09:59 PM
rahly wrote:
- Actually, i've looked at it cuz i loved the music
- too, esp the piano in the end scene. Any way, the
- extractor isn't hard, at least for the WAV files,
- i've extracted a few with Hex Workshop (best $50
- i've ever spent ;-)), The problem is, that any
- program I've used to play the wave file doesn't
- recognise the codec id in it, I have a few if anyone
- wants to play around with it. Although, the music
- could be stored in a mp3-like file instead. These
- are prolly just the voices and sounds of the game.
-
-

Messed around a bit too... actually VLC can play the WAVE files of the game.

Don't know how it does it, but it worked for several files (from near the end of the BF file)...

You can grab it here: http://www.videolan.org
But of course you first need to extract the files from sally_clean.bf

XyZspineZyX
01-04-2004, 10:30 PM
Those who said they wanted the battle theme...go here

http://www1.streamload.com/Nodes/InboxDetail.asp?View=1&drid=13548631

for the user name type in "o0DarkLink0o" and the password is "darklink"

tell me if you have any problems...

XyZspineZyX
01-04-2004, 11:44 PM
ok...i uploaded them a second time...and the second ones are available so click the little plus sign next to the word play...then you should get the second file

XyZspineZyX
01-05-2004, 02:04 AM
Streamline is a piece of junk. http://www.mendel.comicsoviet.com/miscnew/battle.zip - here's that beautiful piece of music. I know it's slow, but it works... someone with a proper mirror can host it better.

XyZspineZyX
01-05-2004, 06:24 AM
Thanks for posting up that track. It is probably my favorite track in the game. Anyone know why the site Anabus posted isn't working?

-Mike

XyZspineZyX
01-05-2004, 06:48 AM
It was working about 10 hours prior to this being posted.

XyZspineZyX
01-05-2004, 11:38 AM
Because Streamline is a piece of junk.

Seriously, it's some weird pay service that only lets you log in a limited number of times per day. When he posted the login for it, a bunch of people all went to it and used it to the limit... within, say, five minutes.

XyZspineZyX
01-05-2004, 07:45 PM
I suppose we could host the extracted files on MP3.com when it -finally- relaunches.

XyZspineZyX
01-05-2004, 08:18 PM
I got Hex workshop and I'm trying to extract wav files with it...but I'm not really familiar with HEX editing... how can you tell where exactly the files begin and end??

XyZspineZyX
01-06-2004, 12:19 AM
Can/would someone either please record a, say, 5 minute loop of Track 1 from the official site and post it, or else please tell me how to do it? I just need a program name.

Thanks!

XyZspineZyX
01-06-2004, 08:17 PM
did anyone get this soundtrack that anubis did? it is giving me a 404 error!

please help, I want it so badly and am not able to rip it myself.

if anyone wants to trade I have these OSTs in every format:

All FF games above VI
Chrono Cross
ICO
Jak and Daxter
Dino Crisis
Ys Book I and II
Lunar 1 + 2
Star Ocean 3
Zelda OOT
Parasite Eve
Silent Hill 1, 2, 3
Every published Resident Evil OST plus unreleased ones of RE 0 and the RE GC rerelease.
MOH Frontline
Metal Gear Solid II

XyZspineZyX
01-06-2004, 08:33 PM
ok
if you want the raw music, you can extract all the music from the files

bfextractor -x sally_clean.bf *.wam

then use that VLC player to play them, I'll look into the VLC player since its open source, and see if i can write a quick BGAE Wav -> MP3, but since these files are mp3 in size, I there prolly will be little or no file size difference

XyZspineZyX
01-06-2004, 08:55 PM
I am not sure what "bfextractor -x sally_clean.bf *.wam " is, I do have an xbox and also PC with DVD-R/RW drive, is this an Xbox utility I need to use?

how do I get the raw files you spoke of, and once I have the files is bfectractor the prog I use to extract the audio files.

I don't mind having them in .wav, I can do the conversions if I need to. (I'd actually rater have wav actually)

thanks for such a quick reply,

Andy http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

XyZspineZyX
01-06-2004, 09:58 PM
Where can we get the bfextractor utility and the VLC player? I have not been able to find either on Google...

XyZspineZyX
01-06-2004, 10:09 PM
vlc is VideoLan, I think it is Videolan.com or .org.

I still don't fully understand though.

Maybe I need the PC version?

XyZspineZyX
01-07-2004, 12:03 AM
I'm at a loss as to where to find this magical bfextractor myself...

XyZspineZyX
01-07-2004, 12:46 AM
I'll prolly end up doing this the way I do all of my game soundtracks for which there are no CD: turn down SFX all the way capture 5 minute loops through iMovie and export audio to .wav

I've done it many times now, but it is easiest in games where there is a world map so you can jump to each area.

A http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

XyZspineZyX
01-07-2004, 12:53 AM
Its an extractor that I wrote along with patches to the game itself.

http://www.terrygoodkind.net/~rahly/bgae.php

and yes, you have to have the pc version unless you can get the sally_clean.bf file off of your xbox dvd. I don't have an xbox extractor as the disk format cannot be read with a standard dvd/cd drive. I do have an xbox but i don't have this game in xbox format.

It seems the VLC player plays the wav files as Microsoft ADPCM format using the MSADPCM codec, the problem is, the VLC program uses its own codec instead of the MS one, so its leaves more slack on the file if there are errors, this is why it can play it cuz it SKIPS over the beginning errors in the file (prolly not errors maybe a specialized header). I've tried other ADPCM converters and they all fail saying its not a valid wave file (Possibly using the ms codec to verify)

Message Edited on 01/06/0406:57PM by rahly

XyZspineZyX
01-07-2004, 02:42 AM
thanks a lot! I am going to try and get a cheap used copy off of eBay and will use your stuff.

A http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

XyZspineZyX
01-07-2004, 03:10 AM
can anyone host the song that is played during races, yo pearl, etc?

XyZspineZyX
01-07-2004, 03:52 AM
So once we have extracted the files, what are we supposed to do to listen to the music ?

Sorry I'm not too familiar with all those encodings /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif !

XyZspineZyX
01-07-2004, 04:36 AM
Use vlc (VideoLan) it is freeware.

XyZspineZyX
01-07-2004, 06:13 AM
Okay, I just had a dumb idea.

What if I recorded the audio output using SoundForge as it plays through VLAN? Sure, I'll have to manually edit everything...but do you guys think its worth a shot?

XyZspineZyX
01-07-2004, 06:44 AM
Its an extractor that I wrote along with patches to the game itself.

and yes, you have to have the pc version unless you can get the sally_clean.bf file off of your xbox dvd. I don't have an xbox extractor as the disk format cannot be read with a standard dvd/cd drive. I do have an xbox but i don't have this game in xbox format.

It seems the VLC player plays the wav files as Microsoft ADPCM format using the MSADPCM codec, the problem is, the VLC program uses its own codec instead of the MS one, so its leaves more slack on the file if there are errors, this is why it can play it cuz it SKIPS over the beginning errors in the file (prolly not errors maybe a specialized header). I've tried other ADPCM converters and they all fail saying its not a valid wave file (Possibly using the ms codec to verify)

Message Edited on 01/06/04 06:57PM by rahly

----------
BEGIN REAL MESSAGE:
----------

Here it is. Its from another thread, entitled Soundtrack.

XyZspineZyX
01-07-2004, 06:58 AM
This is the same thread http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

XyZspineZyX
01-07-2004, 07:19 AM
AH, CRAP. RE-POSTING IN THE CORRECT ONE.

XyZspineZyX
01-07-2004, 08:02 AM
Actually, I almost have a converter to standard PCM wav format. It will increase the file size, but it will be able to use by programs such as LAME, to convert to MP3 format.

EGADS TOO MANY STEPS bfextract -> convert wav -> convert to mp3

I might put this option into the bfextractor, to extract, and reformat wav file.

XyZspineZyX
01-07-2004, 08:19 AM
I noticed distortion during playback of the tracks in VLAN. Would this have anything to do with using a hotwired codec?

XyZspineZyX
01-07-2004, 08:43 AM
I'm not sure, but i noticed the same thing, but only playing on long tracks like music

03 - Theme Home.wam (ending song)
Fight part 1.wam (Beginning fight song)
Fight part 1 ralenti.wam (When Jade does the slow-mo in the first fight)

It just might have an issue with timing. I'll make sure I test it out with my converter

Also, I noticed you can't move the scroll bar to seek into the file

Message Edited on 01/07/0402:45AM by rahly

XyZspineZyX
01-07-2004, 01:26 PM
So yes, I did all those, extract the files then play them thru VLC. Thing is some distort after a minute of play or so.

Also I didn't see all the songs in the *.wam list, are there other format to extract from the sally_clean.bf file ?

Thanks /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif and nice job on the extractor and the research for all those encoding things !

XyZspineZyX
01-07-2004, 02:54 PM
Great work on the extractor there http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Would have done it myself but I don't have enough time at the moment.

The header sure is strange, yup...

For an example of a standard header you could take a look at the "Propaganda Song / Akuda Bar" being played by the installer...
Juzst run the installer up to the point where the song starts playing, then go to your TEMP dir (mostly C:\WINDOWS\TEMP or inside you user profile dir for NT based Windows) there you'll find a WAV file with the song.
After you copied the WAV, you can exit the installer.

EDIT: sounds seem to play fine in VLC, only seeking makes it totally screw up...

EDIT: .waa, .wad and .wam files seem to be WAV but you can't tell (other than by size) which is music or speech

Message Edited on 01/07/04 03:01PM by JoeyCool

Message Edited on 01/07/0403:07PM by JoeyCool

XyZspineZyX
01-07-2004, 06:00 PM
Updated the extractor program,

for the -a and the -x options you can append -wavpcm

bfextract -x sally_clean.bf "01-Boss After Mili.wam" -wavpcm

That should extract the file + ".pcm.wav" added to the file name. It took me awhile to write this code only cuz i've not had to work with raw audio before.

if you want a listing of the files in the bf

bfextract -l sally_clean.bf

or if you wanna put it into a text file for easy viewing

bfextract -l sally_clean.bf > textfile.txt

I have already tested the files I output with LAME(mp3encoder) and it works great

ADPCM -> PCM WAV = about a 20-30% increase in size but
PCM WAV -> MP3 = about a 50% decrease in size (128-160)

so the files actually get SMALLER than the original files

You should be able to use ANY WAV file player to play these files, and any WAV->MP3 encoder (use your fav.)

XyZspineZyX
01-07-2004, 06:00 PM
WAOUOUHOUHOUHHHH!!!!!Thanks a lot and GREAT WORK guy!!
I can now listen all these great musics !!! Muhahahahahahha
it's really excellent!
Thanks again!
(yes i'm very happy /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif )

XyZspineZyX
01-07-2004, 06:27 PM
VERY nice! Great little utility you've come up with. I was able to extract the music files to PCM wav and convert them to mp3 no problem. Thanks a lot, you've done the BGE community a great service.

For anyone looking for a nice free wav->mp3 converter check out CDex, a freeware/opensource CD-Ripper/wav->mp3 & vice versa converter:

http://www.cdex.n3.net/

XyZspineZyX
01-07-2004, 06:37 PM
Actually, you guys were lucky, I had no plans on search for how to play these files. Good thing someone posted VLC, thats how I found out what codec to use. and a nice web site that told me how to decode that format

http://home.pcisys.net/~melanson/codecs/simpleaudio.html

XyZspineZyX
01-07-2004, 08:55 PM
Well, hell. Do you realize I've just spent the last few hours capturing the output in soundforge? :P

Oh well, at least I know where everything is now.

For those wondering - the last letter of the extension tells you what the file is for. WA(M)usic, WA(D)ialogue, WA(A)mbient, WA(C)...ambient. I'm not quite sure about that last.

XyZspineZyX
01-07-2004, 10:50 PM
Maybe the letters mean something in French as the file names seem to be largely in French too.

XyZspineZyX
01-08-2004, 04:21 AM
rahly, you have programming prowess. I ripped the whole thing, sorted by size, and was left with all tracks and ambients (search for *amb* in the dir you rip to) and no sfx files.

you rock!

XyZspineZyX
01-08-2004, 04:39 AM
Yeah, although I didn't optimize the ADPCM -> PCM where I could have, but I thought, its just an extractor, I don't need to play the waves at the same time.

A lot of you are also overlooking the fact that you can export the models and textures, too. Sometimes nice in creating fan art ;-) You could ALSO change the models in the games, give Jade different clothes or something.

NOTE: Fixed a potential bug in the extractor. Only people will less than 32 megs of memory would have noticed though :-D

Message Edited on 01/07/0411:04PM by rahly

XyZspineZyX
01-08-2004, 05:42 AM
Or maybe replace Jade altogether...

No, my real question is this. Who, ANYWHERE, has 32 megs of RAM? The stuff comes free in cereal boxes nowadays. }http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

XyZspineZyX
01-08-2004, 06:00 AM
say, do I need to do anything to fix the distortion or is there no hope for those files?

BTW: musicmatch plays them fine on my machine, and the distortion is the same via VLC or MM.

in any case, kudos.

XyZspineZyX
01-08-2004, 06:45 AM
Converted the files through CDex under the LAME encoder, but I have noticed slight popping during the DomZ Priest themes. Anyone else getting this?

XyZspineZyX
01-08-2004, 06:47 AM
are you getting the same poping, under the original file?

Whats the file name?

drewson99: Whats the file name that you are having this problem with?

I just played one of the longest songs in the game
03 - Theme Home.wam, this is the song during the credits of the game and I didn't notice any distortion

If I play the raw file in VLC I get a few speed ups and slow downs, but not in my converted pcmwav file.

I was using Winamp to play my pcm.wav file.

Message Edited on 01/08/0401:00AM by rahly

XyZspineZyX
01-08-2004, 06:50 AM
Actually, my linux box is running with 2 32 meg simms

The problem is the simms cost more than the dimms(cuz they don't mass produce them anymore) so i can't cheaply install more memory :-D

lol.. my linux box... prolly the only good os that can run on an emachine :-D course, I never run gui on linux either COMMAND LINE/SSH baby!

XyZspineZyX
01-08-2004, 07:02 AM
1:20 to 1:30 on the track "Attente Egout 02"

but it may be the style of the music now that I check other files and find none else that do this.

also - the converting to PCM before going to MP3 that you spoke of: did your extractor do that for me? I am a little confused because they sound great and convert fine as they are.

Didn't know if it was because I happened to have the right codec or if it was the update you made to the extractor.

XyZspineZyX
01-08-2004, 07:02 AM
fight faucheur voix
fight faucheur

Going to try re-encoding them and see what happens.

XyZspineZyX
01-08-2004, 07:10 AM
drewson99 wrote:
- 1:20 to 1:30 on the track "Attente Egout 02"
-
- but it may be the style of the music now that I
- check other files and find none else that do this.
-
- also - the converting to PCM before going to MP3
- that you spoke of: did your extractor do that for
- me? I am a little confused because they sound great
- and convert fine as they are.
-
- Didn't know if it was because I happened to have the
- right codec or if it was the update you made to the
- extractor.
-
- Andy http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
-
-

Only if you used the -wavpcm option, otherwise it does a straight raw dump of the original file, which a lot of people have problems playing, seems only vlc was able to play them.

Cabal9 wrote:
-fight faucheur voix
-fight faucheur
-
-Going to try re-encoding them and see what happens.

I have a lot of poping in those files also, in the raw PCM version, ummm... try a product called MP3 gain, it will remove poping from mp3 files

Message Edited on 01/08/0401:11AM by rahly

XyZspineZyX
01-08-2004, 07:12 AM
Re-encoded them under SoundForge, popping was still apparent. The fault lies with the original file, it seems.

XyZspineZyX
01-08-2004, 07:58 AM
I've managed to toss together a viable soundtrack from the files, thanks to rahly and Joey. It's being posted to alt.bin.sounds.mp3.video-games as we speak. I am not the best with SoundForge, so if someone else wants to do better... PLEASE. For god's sakes, do better!

XyZspineZyX
01-08-2004, 08:36 AM
Updated the bfextractor, thx to Cabal9

Found a bug in the decoder where if the sound wrapped the 16 bit integer, it would go from low to high, high to low quickly (poping noise). Used a flooring function to correct the wave form. Bug Fix http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

XyZspineZyX
01-08-2004, 09:06 AM
Okay, both files re-encoded. They're fine now. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

The XB-24 theme is hilarious. In case you're wondering, it should be "xb fight.wam" or "xb fight solo.wam".

XyZspineZyX
01-08-2004, 09:15 AM
Don't forget some of the music is in WAA format too, for Ambient music... like

AkudaPropaganda.waa
canaux01.waa
base funky bar 100.waa
safariphoto.waa
EG bar espagnol.waa <- Race Song http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Thats a Funny Song
Cine_M_mort boss final suite.waa

just some of the songs in waa

XyZspineZyX
01-08-2004, 09:16 AM
Yay! More stuff for me to do!

XyZspineZyX
01-08-2004, 10:57 AM
Well if there are any coders out there, I wrote a delphi object that encapsulates the extraction capabilites and it allows you to read from the file.

XyZspineZyX
01-08-2004, 11:22 AM
Just wondering, what's up with the file name? Who is Sally, and why is she clean?

XyZspineZyX
01-08-2004, 11:58 AM
Do you think that FilePlanet might host the soundtrack? They do host mods and other fan made stuff, so why not an excellent soundtrack?

XyZspineZyX
01-08-2004, 12:41 PM
Because the sound track itself is not fan made and hosting files ripped from purchased software and is a violatation of the copywrite. Although, ripping them for your own sound track is fine. Which is why I host the extractor and not the files themselves.

XyZspineZyX
01-08-2004, 12:58 PM
Well that sucks for people, like me, who don't have the PC version. Oh, well.

XyZspineZyX
01-08-2004, 01:03 PM
Yeah, to bad too, cuz the old PSX games can be read by a standard cd-rom drive, unfortunately the newer systems can't. XBOX and GC drives run in reverse, which is something a standard dvd drive can't do.

XyZspineZyX
01-08-2004, 01:47 PM
I don't suppose we could jury-rig a drive motor to spin in reverse... =p

XyZspineZyX
01-08-2004, 02:30 PM
Hey, nobody has posted the Mammago garage song yet. What gives http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Thanks for the other tracks though Darklink, people said that stream site sucked but it worked fine for me.

XyZspineZyX
01-08-2004, 02:34 PM
Mammagoshort.wam

Thats the Mammago Garage song

XyZspineZyX
01-08-2004, 02:35 PM
I have that song, but no place to put it up on.

XyZspineZyX
01-08-2004, 02:47 PM
Im too lazy and technically inept to do it myself.

"Im lazier than a rug on valium"

Homer: "Soooo lazy!"

XyZspineZyX
01-08-2004, 02:54 PM
Drink Duff!

XyZspineZyX
01-08-2004, 04:45 PM
Added more functionality to the extractor, and now it works with PoP's bf file too http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

XyZspineZyX
01-08-2004, 04:49 PM
Just wondering, what is the name of PoP's .bf file?

XyZspineZyX
01-08-2004, 04:51 PM
prince.bf

XyZspineZyX
01-08-2004, 04:53 PM
Then how did BG&E end up with a filename like sally_clean?

XyZspineZyX
01-08-2004, 07:15 PM
I don't know about the sally part - probably an in-joke on the part of Ubisoft - but "clean" may refer to a fully optimized product. After installation, that's a .bf over 2 gigs in size... think of what it must have been like during production, while they were concerned with getting all the content together rather than paring it down.

Possibility: Sally Cormack is the Product Manager for Ubi... coincidence?

Message Edited on 01/08/0406:53PM by Veavitdpoh

XyZspineZyX
01-08-2004, 07:16 PM
Hi

I'm using the extractor to get the music. it works great but I can't listen to several files (the .waa files and some .wam files). Which codec do you use to listen to them ?

Thanks.

XyZspineZyX
01-08-2004, 07:21 PM
Make sure you add a trailing "-wavpcm" argument to the command when you run bfextractor. That'll convert them to standard WAV files (search the thread for the gory details) that you can read with WinAMP or any other media player. If you don't do that, or you can't get it working for some reason, only VLC at www.videolan.org (http://www.videolan.org) will play them. RTFT.

XyZspineZyX
01-08-2004, 07:37 PM
WOW,

awesome...
neat program, rahly. (Coded in Delphi?)

time to go extractin' http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Thanks

XyZspineZyX
01-08-2004, 07:55 PM
I do add a trailing "-wavpcm" argument to the command. I can listen to a lot of tracks but some just don't work. When I try to open them with windows media player, it tries to download a codec and then it says that an error has occured. I think I'll try to convert them in mp3 to see if it works.

anyway, thanks for your help.

XyZspineZyX
01-08-2004, 09:33 PM
Databar,windows media player doesn't listen the files .waa or .wam.You musst use an other player as Winamp 5.0 or Quicktime which work perfectly.

PrOPanGAnDa!!

XyZspineZyX
01-08-2004, 11:52 PM
JoeyCool wrote:
- WOW,
-
- awesome...
- neat program, rahly. (Coded in Delphi?)
-
- time to go extractin' http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
-
- Thanks
-
-

Yeah, I do almost all my windows coding in delphi, I get the raw power C/C++ with the easy of syntax like VB. I've been a fan since the Turbo Pascal days. I'm writing a gaming script for my gaming engine, that'll look similarily to delphi. Actually a delphi/perl blend (Delphi syntax, perl type variables), my 2 favorite languages.

I'll look into those files, they SHOULD play in Media player

XyZspineZyX
01-09-2004, 12:00 AM
Any chance of posting the songs or making the extractor an exe so we PS2 and Xbox owners can read the file from the disc? (can't copy it to the desktop, or unless you can do that with the command line, I really wouldnt know about that).
If not, I can understand. It would just be nice to find a way of getting the music without resorting to recording it from the tv with the sfx interruprting the music.
-CB

XyZspineZyX
01-09-2004, 12:04 AM
Cowboy_Beboper wrote:
- Any chance of posting the songs or making the
- extractor an exe so we PS2 and Xbox owners can read
- the file from the disc? (can't copy it to the
- desktop, or unless you can do that with the command
- line, I really wouldnt know about that).
- If not, I can understand. It would just be nice to
- find a way of getting the music without resorting to
- recording it from the tv with the sfx interruprting
- the music.
--CB
-
-

The extractor IS an EXE. This program IS a command line program though. But you can't do ANYTHING unless you can extract the sally_clean.bf file from your PS2 or XBox disc.

XyZspineZyX
01-09-2004, 12:07 AM
Okay, thank you for the clarification. I'm not as "compu-savvy" as I'd like to be, lol
-CB

XyZspineZyX
01-09-2004, 12:27 AM
Note: For some reason, media player will not play a wave file thats MONO, 24000 Hz, 16-bit, BUT (and heres the kicker), Sound recorder that comes with windows, WILL play it http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

XyZspineZyX
01-09-2004, 01:09 AM
I would be surprised if the .bf file exists on the console discs anyway, or at least not in the format that they do for windows.

My recommendation for those of you with PS2, Xbox or GC copies: Do what I did (I had the Xbox ver.) Buy the PC version for $19.99, rip the media files (music etc), then sell it on eBay or trade it in at your local game buying store.

In the end you will just about break even, and get the music free of charge (I think the going rate on eBay is actually slightly higher than retail, so you may profit a few bucks http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

XyZspineZyX
01-09-2004, 01:16 AM
You know, technically, if you sell the copy of your software, you have to delete all traces from it on your pc, this includes any files derived from that software. To keep any file is a violation of copywrite laws.

Although, I don't know how that affects, if you own that product but in a different format

XyZspineZyX
01-09-2004, 01:22 AM
It's funny, I've called 3 video game stores and none of them have it. I just wrote a letter to Ubisoft asking them personally for an OST. If I don't get a favorable response, I'm going to do pretty much that (buy the PC version).

XyZspineZyX
01-09-2004, 07:31 AM
Does anyone else find AkudaPropaganda.waa to be unusually soft? I had to run it through the Normalization filter in SoundForge before it was audible.

XyZspineZyX
01-09-2004, 09:49 AM
Yeah. anything with a waa is going to be soft, it suppose to be background music.

XyZspineZyX
01-09-2004, 10:42 AM
What language is it sung in, anyway? Spanish?

XyZspineZyX
01-09-2004, 11:03 AM
I have NO idea http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

XyZspineZyX
01-09-2004, 04:55 PM
I think it's in german. Why? Because it sounds quite suspiciously like Hinter Diesen Mauern, produced by Sven Franzisko for Dungeon Keeper 2. Not this-is-a-copy like, but this-is-the-same-guy like.

XyZspineZyX
01-09-2004, 07:53 PM
Hmm, I'm German, but either I can't make it out clearly or it's definitely not german /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

I think it's english... "...Propaganda, just a hit..." (at 0:30) and maybe spanish or with spanish accent?

Well but I can't make out everything clearly...

If you want a louder and a little bit crisper (IMHO) version of it, take the WAV file from the Installation program (it's somewhere in your temp dir during install)...

Still a cool soundtrack... just nice to listen to on my 5.1 surround with earth-shaking volume /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Message Edited on 01/09/0407:54PM by JoeyCool

XyZspineZyX
01-09-2004, 09:19 PM
Hello!
I´m German too, and I´ve got the Ps2-Version. The only word I understand is "Propaganda" XD. I think there are many different laguages mixed, but I´m not sure...
Sorry for my Englisch, I´m not very good at it *bg*

Yours, Sunny ^^

XyZspineZyX
01-09-2004, 11:33 PM
Hi, I am also having the same problem. I just downloaded the extractor program and cannot get it to run. I open it, it appears in the cmd window and then quickly closes. I have extracted all the files from the XBOX version and I'm trying to use the program to extract the audio. I am running Windows XP Pro. Will the extractor work on this OS?

XyZspineZyX
01-10-2004, 12:12 AM
yes it will, but its a command line based program. Meaning you have to run it from the command prompt

XyZspineZyX
01-10-2004, 12:39 AM
I myself have the PS2 version, and have been able to extract SALLY.BF from the disc. Also, I have been able to get the .wam's from it. However, I can't for the life of me figure out how to convert my shiny new .wam's into a playable format! Did I miss something? What is my next step?

Thanks,
Green Mage :-)

XyZspineZyX
01-10-2004, 12:44 AM
For those who have extracted the audio files...have any of you labeled the files so that they make sense in terms of chronology/location of the game? If so, what files, what labels, and what order?

For instance, the following 3 files:

03 - Theme Home
ballade hyllis 2
shanuni safari

essentially make up the entire credits sequence.

So, you could put all three together and call it the Beyond Good & Evil - Credits.mp3

What are the rest of you doing?

XyZspineZyX
01-10-2004, 12:46 AM
Did you use my extraction program?

then when you extract

bfextractor -x sally.bf *.wam -wavpcm

the -wavpcm converts it into a RAW PCM instead of a MSADPCM, which a lot of people have problems playing. For some reason, the standard Codec will not play them.

Although, THIS conversion ONLY takes place, if the original wav format is in MSADPCM, I have no idea what format would be on the PS2 version.

Message Edited on 01/09/0406:48PM by rahly

XyZspineZyX
01-10-2004, 01:30 AM
Hi, I'm sorry but I'm new to this. Could you explain to me step by step how to run the program? I type in cmd in run and it brings up the cmd prompt. Then what do I type to run the extractor? Also, I see three bf files on the xbox version. They are listed as sally_clean.bf0 through 02. Each is about 512mbs.

Also, I sent an email to you describing what I was looking for rahly. Thanks.

XyZspineZyX
01-10-2004, 01:39 AM
One thing you can do is first separate the WAM and the WAA files. To do this you'll want to make a list.

bfextractor -l sally_clean.bf *.wam > wamfiles.txt

bfextractor -l sally_clean.bf *.waa > waafiles.txt

Now you have two text files will all of the audio files.

Next you can make a batch file that automatically extracts the files listed and converts them to a RAW PCM file. I made one called expandwam.bat

for /F "eol= tokens=*" %%S in (wamfiles.txt) do (do bfextractor -x sally_clean.bf "%%S" -wavpcm)

You can make a similar one for waafiles.txt.

Run the batch file and it will extract all of the files in your list and convert them into wav files so you can edit or listen to them.

Not all of the files are the same bit rating or sampling size so you may need to edit them in some audio program.

XyZspineZyX
01-10-2004, 01:52 AM
Well, the problem is that I cannot even get the extractor program to open. I click it and it automatically opens and runs in the cmd prompt, but then quickly closes. I used the hyper ripper from Dragon Unpacker to scan for and extract .wav files from sally_clean.bf0, but they won't play in anything after they're extracted. Ugh....I'm really just looking for a sever or some place to download the entire soundtrack in MP3 format. This is frustrating.

XyZspineZyX
01-10-2004, 02:05 AM
It's a commandline application. You can't just click on it. First, copy the bfextractor.exe program to the same directory as the sally*.bf files. You'll also want to type out the .bat file in Windows Notepad ahead of time to save you trouble.

In Windows, hit WinKey + R to open a run dialog box. If you're using WinNT/2K/XP then type "cmd". If you're using some other windows OS then type "command".

This will open a command line window for you to do all of this stuff.

You'll see a C:\ or something like that. Simply go to the directory where the data files are and run bfextractor like I mentioned above. Make the two text files and then run the .bat file i mentioned earlier and it will be done in no time.

XyZspineZyX
01-10-2004, 02:21 AM
Thanks, Groovy. Would you mind IMing me on AIM or MSN? I have a few questions about the soundtrack.

MSN: Archangelzeal@hotmail.com
AIM: Digital emotions
gr00vy0ne wrote:
- It's a commandline application. You can't just click
- on it. First, copy the bfextractor.exe program to
- the same directory as the sally*.bf files. You'll
- also want to type out the .bat file in Windows
- Notepad ahead of time to save you trouble.
-
- In Windows, hit WinKey + R to open a run dialog box.
- If you're using WinNT/2K/XP then type "cmd". If
- you're using some other windows OS then type
- "command".
-
- This will open a command line window for you to do
- all of this stuff.
-
- You'll see a C:\ or something like that. Simply go
- to the directory where the data files are and run
- bfextractor like I mentioned above. Make the two
- text files and then run the .bat file i mentioned
- earlier and it will be done in no time.
-
-

XyZspineZyX
01-10-2004, 02:23 AM
Rahly, without the addition of -wavpcm, is the extracted file altered in any way?
Also, does anybody have any idea of what type of sound file the PS2 uses, and what can be used to convert it into a usable type?

Also, for those having difficulty with the extractor, you go into command prompt through Start->Run->"command"
Then type "cd c:\(Directory Route)" where directory route is the path to the directory where u keep sally*.bf and bfextractor.exe
Then type your command. Ex.: bfextractor -x sally.bf "Mammagoshort.wam" -wavpcm
This will extract Mammagoshort.wam in the same directory as sally.bf and bfextractor.exe

Hope it helps, psx

-Green Mage

XyZspineZyX
01-10-2004, 02:29 AM
So concludes today's lesson in basic command prompt er, stuff. ^_^

XyZspineZyX
01-10-2004, 02:39 AM
Thanks for adding me. Send me a msg on MSN, Groovy, as you're not appearing on my list.

XyZspineZyX
01-10-2004, 03:17 AM
Ok for all you... LOSERS ;-).. out there that don't know how to run a command line, i wrote up a quick GUI app for this

Make sure BOTH the command line app and the GUI app are in the same directory

Green: No, if you don't use the wavpcm option, the file is not altered in anyway, RAW DUMP, ummm, I have a program that generates a listing of info for the WAV file, if you wanna run it and post the info.

Message Edited on 01/09/0409:25PM by rahly

XyZspineZyX
01-10-2004, 04:48 AM
gr00vy0ne wrote:
- For those who have extracted the audio files...have
- any of you labeled the files so that they make sense
- in terms of chronology/location of the game? If so,
- what files, what labels, and what order?
-
- For instance, the following 3 files:
-
- 03 - Theme Home
- ballade hyllis 2
- shanuni safari
-
- essentially make up the entire credits sequence.
-
- So, you could put all three together and call it the
- Beyond Good & Evil - Credits.mp3
-
- What are the rest of you doing?
-
-

I exercised a little bit of poetic license.

Salvation: The music played at the end of the game when Jade frees them.

Photographic Evidence: The piece that plays when you take report photos of the activity at the Slaughterhouses.

Requiem for Pey'J: The piano solo that plays when you discover Pey'J is uh...six feet under.

Self-Guided Safari: Uh...I forgot which one this was, but it definitely had Safari in its original filename.

XyZspineZyX
01-10-2004, 04:49 AM
safari usually had SOMETHING to do with taking pictures.

XyZspineZyX
01-10-2004, 04:53 AM
I think its the piece that plays when the Scorpion Fish appear.

XyZspineZyX
01-10-2004, 05:02 AM
JoeyCool wrote:
- Hmm, I'm German, but either I can't make it out
- clearly or it's definitely not german /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
-
- I think it's english... "...Propaganda, just a
- hit..." (at 0:30) and maybe spanish or with spanish
- accent?
-
- Well but I can't make out everything clearly...
-
- If you want a louder and a little bit crisper (IMHO)
- version of it, take the WAV file from the
- Installation program (it's somewhere in your temp
- dir during install)...
-
- Still a cool soundtrack... just nice to listen to on
- my 5.1 surround with earth-shaking volume /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
-
-
-
- Message Edited on 01/09/04 07:54PM by JoeyCool

Just wondering, what sound system are you on? I personally use a Altec Lansing 641 set with my PC. 4.1 speaker setup.

XyZspineZyX
01-10-2004, 07:28 AM
Well this sucks...
Thanks for the GUI btw rahly...now I can get into the file, but right when I want to extract a file, I get an error message. Whoopie.
Oh well, I think I have just about given up at this point!

Message Edited on 01/10/0407:01AM by Cowboy_Beboper

XyZspineZyX
01-10-2004, 08:09 AM
whats the error?

XyZspineZyX
01-10-2004, 09:46 AM
Not sure...I try to extract a file then I get the Error Reported box with the option to send an error report

XyZspineZyX
01-10-2004, 10:13 AM
yeah but does it say its with bfextractor.exe or bfextractorgui.exe

XyZspineZyX
01-10-2004, 01:44 PM
gr00vy0ne wrote:
- For those who have extracted the audio files...have
- any of you labeled the files so that they make sense
- in terms of chronology/location of the game? If so,
- what files, what labels, and what order?
-
- For instance, the following 3 files:
-
- 03 - Theme Home
- ballade hyllis 2
- shanuni safari
-
- essentially make up the entire credits sequence.
-
- So, you could put all three together and call it the
- Beyond Good & Evil - Credits.mp3
-
- What are the rest of you doing?
-
-

Would you be willing to post your list - name on disk and what you renamed it? Some of them I can figure out but others I'm not sure of the order.

Also, could someone tell me how to use the picture editor? I out it in the same directory as my saved games but when I click on one of the saves I get an Out of Memory error.

Thanks,

Kim

Message Edited on 01/10/0408:33AM by kwbritton

XyZspineZyX
01-11-2004, 03:24 AM
How much memory is in your system?

XyZspineZyX
01-11-2004, 01:37 PM
rahly wrote:
- How much memory is in your system?
-
-

512 MB

XyZspineZyX
01-11-2004, 01:47 PM
Hmm that seems enough, that message is only if if it tried to allocate memory and there wasn't enough to allocate.

XyZspineZyX
01-11-2004, 05:09 PM
hmmm....seems that the soundtracks are not many...only a few are fantastic...

XyZspineZyX
01-11-2004, 07:35 PM
- Hmm that seems enough, that message is only if if it
- tried to allocate memory and there wasn't enough to
- allocate.
-
-

Yeah - I thought it would be enough too - I even tried closing every other program running - even in the background. Oh well.

And thanks for the bfextractor - that works great for me.

XyZspineZyX
01-11-2004, 10:22 PM
can you post your save game?

XyZspineZyX
01-12-2004, 01:56 AM
You know, after listening to "IL fight meduses.wam", it sounds a lot like the music from Blue Gender (anime series).

Which is funny, cuz the lead woman for the english dub, did the voice of Bloodrayne too.

Message Edited on 01/11/0407:59PM by rahly

XyZspineZyX
01-12-2004, 02:17 AM
Anyone have any luck on posting the soundtrack yet?

-Mike

XyZspineZyX
01-12-2004, 02:39 AM
No, posting the soundtrack infringes on copyrights, and even if they did, they aren't going to post it on the official board.

XyZspineZyX
01-12-2004, 04:28 AM
A million thanks rahly, great job.

Now the question is which are the best files or the essential files to extract and include as part of a personal soundtrack? One problem I find is that some good songs, especially the fight tracks, don't have an end - the songs loop in the game, so when you listen to the extracted files, they just end abruptly. I tried fixing this by re-recording the tracks and slowly cutting the volume at the end to give them a fade out. That's a bit of work, though.

Anyway, there are still many "complete" tracks to include. This is my current list, referring to the file names:

03 - Theme Home
Akuda Propaganda
attenteplaquepiano
ballade hyllis 2
base funky bar 100
chinois boutique
coursebase#03
EG bar espagnol
Mammagoshort or Musique menu (2 flavors of Mammago)
Mort Pey'j
safariphoto
XB Fight

I think these songs make a good soundtrack with no or minimal editing required. This doesn't include ambient "score" music which is really a seperate thing, I think. Any additions, modifications?

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

A0

XyZspineZyX
01-12-2004, 05:10 AM
I thought that these should be included also:

shauni_safari
Fight part 1
Fight part 2
Fight part 1 ralenti
Cine_M_mort boss final suite

and

Attente musicale Ilot 05-01
ilot bleu

but those 2 are more ambient than the others

-Just food for thought

Green Mage ^_^

\/\/007!!!
574|=|= (|-||_|(|<5 '/0!!

XyZspineZyX
01-12-2004, 05:54 AM
Someone please message me: BlakstrobX

XyZspineZyX
01-12-2004, 05:56 AM
GreenMage, how did you extract Sally.BF from the disc? I try to copy the file to the desktop (which normally works) but I keep getting an error message

XyZspineZyX
01-12-2004, 07:32 AM
- Cine_M_mort boss final suite

This one's great, thanks. I thought all the Cine files were just background noise and stuff. The others you mention I think are either too short or end too abruptly.

XyZspineZyX
01-12-2004, 02:14 PM
rahly wrote:
- can you post your save game?
-
-

http://www.kimwoodbridge.com/slot1.sav

XyZspineZyX
01-12-2004, 02:15 PM
Arodin wrote:

- 03 - Theme Home
- Akuda Propaganda
- attenteplaquepiano
- ballade hyllis 2
- base funky bar 100
- chinois boutique
- coursebase#03
- EG bar espagnol
- Mammagoshort or Musique menu (2 flavors of Mammago)
- Mort Pey'j
- safariphoto
- XB Fight

Thanks for the list!!

XyZspineZyX
01-12-2004, 04:22 PM
Ok, back to a previous question...............I think the Propaganda song is in French. The game is after all developed by a French developer. I dont speak French either so someone will have to confirm this. My German friend says its not German.

XyZspineZyX
01-12-2004, 05:16 PM
The background chatter sounds like Spanish.

Also...I dunno, the main lyrics sound too...brutish...to be French.

XyZspineZyX
01-12-2004, 05:28 PM
Where is the theme from the beyondgoodandevil website located?

Message Edited on 01/12/0405:06PM by Zuixide

XyZspineZyX
01-12-2004, 05:37 PM
Figured it all out...Thanks guys...

Oh..btw: gr00vy0ne

Found a minor but fatal error in your batch commandline:

for /F "eol= tokens=*" %%S in (wamfiles.txt) do (do bfextractor -x sally_clean.bf "%%S" -wavpcm)

SHOULD be:

for /F "eol= tokens=*" %%S in (wamfiles.txt) do (bfextractor -x sally_clean.bf "%%S" -wavpcm)

You wrote "do" 2 times´.. Fixed...and thx man!

Zuixide

Message Edited on 01/12/0404:42PM by Zuixide

XyZspineZyX
01-13-2004, 01:15 AM
kwbritton wrote:
-
- rahly wrote:
-- can you post your save game?
--
--
-
- <a href="http://www.kimwoodbridge.com/slot1.sav"
- target=_blank>http://www.kimwoodbridge.com/slot1.s
- av</a>
-
-
-
-
-
-

Did you upload the file correctly? Not only does the save game not look correct, BGAE will not even load it. Is this save game from a console?

Note: Because it was trying to allocate memory for pictures, and the save game was saying 1.5G per picture.

Message Edited on 01/12/0407:30PM by rahly

XyZspineZyX
01-13-2004, 01:46 AM
Could somebody PLEASE just post a link to the soundtrack? I can't do this stuff.

urthdiggersharpclaw@yahoomail.com post it there. Attach the files or whatever

Warning: Flaming to all Rayman haters

XyZspineZyX
01-13-2004, 02:05 AM
Urthdigger wrote:
- Could somebody PLEASE just post a link to the
- soundtrack? I can't do this stuff.
-
- urthdiggersharpclaw@yahoomail.com post it there.
- Attach the files or whatever
-
- Warning: Flaming to all Rayman haters

Did you even read this thread?

XyZspineZyX
01-13-2004, 05:18 AM
Oh come on, it isn't that hard using Command Prompt.

XyZspineZyX
01-13-2004, 11:43 AM
yeah, i like console apps :-D

XyZspineZyX
01-13-2004, 01:46 PM
-
- Did you upload the file correctly? Not only does
- the save game not look correct, BGAE will not even
- load it. Is this save game from a console?
-
- Note: Because it was trying to allocate memory for
- pictures, and the save game was saying 1.5G per
- picture.
-
-
-
- Message Edited on 01/12/04 07:30PM by rahly

Thanks for your help.
I had already uninstalled the game and these were some old saves
I had backed up so maybe there is something wrong with them.
I'm pretty sure I uploaded it correctly.
I'm going to play the game again soon so I will try it again at that time.

[This message was edited by bitebug2003 on Wed February 25 2004 at 08:38 AM.]

XyZspineZyX
01-13-2004, 05:01 PM
ok sounds good,

XyZspineZyX
01-13-2004, 06:05 PM
They did it with prince of persia, they can do it with this.

XyZspineZyX
01-14-2004, 01:29 AM
Urthdigger wrote:
- They did it with prince of persia, they can do it
- with this.
-

And?. it still takes time to do legal action.

Music in video games, is copyrighted just like music on a cd.

XyZspineZyX
01-14-2004, 10:16 AM
And time is something we have lots of.

XyZspineZyX
01-14-2004, 04:35 PM
Hey rahly,

Any chance of releasing the source to the programs?

Sorry if someone already asked... lots of messages in here... so much text! o_O

XyZspineZyX
01-14-2004, 06:02 PM
ftp://good:evil@4.5.120.231:21

There.
Don't say I never did anything for you.
That's an FTP on my hard drive, so don't expect massively high connectivity...
someone else needs to provide better hosting.
I'll keep it up 24-7 as much as possible.

Memo to Ubi: in no way is this intended to be
infringement of copyright or a challenge. Should anyone request that I cease and desist,
I will gladly do so and remove the materials.
My intent is not to eliminate the possibility of a future soundtrack and/or profit margin
(the fact that I suck with Sound Forge makes sure of that), but to help share the love with
those unfortunate console gamers.
And stupid PC gamers.

[This message was edited by bitebug2003 on Wed February 25 2004 at 08:39 AM.]

XyZspineZyX
01-14-2004, 09:59 PM
Just ran out and bought the PC version.
Good to support a great game...
and to have a custom soundtrack too. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Here is my list:

01 - Akuda Propaganda.wav
02 - Fight Part 1.wav
03 - Fight Part 2.wav
04 - Fight Part 1 Ralenti.wav
05 - Arrive Hyllis.wav
06 - Safari Photo.wav
07 - Mammago Short.wav
08 - Base Funky Bar 100.wav
09 - EG Bar Espagnol.wav
10 - Course Base #03.wav
11 - Attente Musicale Ilot 05-01.wav
12 - Chinois Boutique.wav
13 - Ilot Bleu.wav
14 - Mort Peyj.wav
15 - XB Fight.wav
16 - Enfants disparus.wam.pcm.wav
17 - Attente Plaque Piano.wav
18 - Cine_M_Mort Boss Final Suite.wav
19 - Theme Home.wav
20 - Ballade Hyllis 2.wav
21 - Shauni Safari.wav
H1 - Canaux 01.wav

Only slight modifications on the name (capitals and spaces) so you can figure out
the true names.

Anyone have any suggestions on additions to the list?

The above is about 310 megs. Once I get a few more added to the list, and the size up,
I'll probably burn a CD to take with me in the car.
Then I'll convert them all to OGG Vorbis
for anyone else who is interested.

[This message was edited by bitebug2003 on Wed February 25 2004 at 08:38 AM.]

[This message was edited by bitebug2003 on Wed February 25 2004 at 08:40 AM.]

XyZspineZyX
01-15-2004, 01:39 AM
sure I can release the source... if you can read object pascal

XyZspineZyX
01-15-2004, 01:57 AM
rahly wrote:
- sure I can release the source... if you can read
- object pascal

Never written in it personally, but have plenty of experience in other languages. I'm up to picking apart the syntax and putting it back together. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Always good to learn a new syntax. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
01-15-2004, 02:06 AM
for what though?

XyZspineZyX
01-15-2004, 02:13 AM
rahly wrote:
- for what though?

Any of the applications you are willing to do so for. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

XyZspineZyX
01-15-2004, 02:43 AM
*Code removed (affects forum layout)

[This message was edited by bitebug2003 on Wed February 25 2004 at 08:41 AM.]

XyZspineZyX
01-15-2004, 02:49 AM
NOTE: All the code was written by me, except for the MD5 and the standard components that come with the environment

XyZspineZyX
01-15-2004, 03:38 AM
Thanks rahly.

Any chance of posting, uploading or mailing the source for the extractor and editor?

Always interested in learning how a file format is taken apart? Helps to know what to look for the next time I pick something up and want to give it a go. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Thanks for the above posted source too!

XyZspineZyX
01-15-2004, 03:41 AM
Boiler98 wrote:
- Thanks rahly.
-
- Any chance of posting, uploading or mailing the
- source for the extractor and editor?
-
- Always interested in learning how a file format is
- taken apart? Helps to know what to look for the
- next time I pick something up and want to give it a
- go. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
-
- Thanks for the above posted source too!
-
-

Ummm, this is the ends, not the means. This code will show you HOW to take it apart, but not the HOW DID I FIGURE OUT HOW. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

And I only posted those two for right now, cuz they were the smallest.

Message Edited on 01/14/0409:42PM by rahly

XyZspineZyX
01-17-2004, 07:21 PM
Cabal9 wrote:

- Just wondering, what sound system are you on? I
- personally use a Altec Lansing 641 set with my PC.
- 4.1 speaker setup.
-
-

It's a philips 5 chan amplifier (5x80W Sinus) with optional (non amplified) subwoofer output (not connected) and 4 Speakers I built myself (2 x 4way 600W front enough power, so no subwoofer, 2 x old LP Player Speakers rear and 1 cheap chinese 10W speaker I found somewhere)...

Pretty much built over time, and was cheap http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif but I perfectly like it. Only difficult thing was building some Dolby Compatble circuit for the center speaker as my SB Live has only 4 line outs

XyZspineZyX
01-18-2004, 02:33 AM
http://brain.com.pk/~farhan/bgae/ is the new source for my speccy little soundtrack. I'll leave the FTP up until I get bored, but because it maxes out at 15 kbps between all users and that host is much, MUCH faster... well, you do the math. Thanks to f3rhan for the hosting!

XyZspineZyX
01-18-2004, 10:54 AM
I want the music that plays when battling with the priest, wich file should I exract?

XyZspineZyX
01-18-2004, 11:46 AM
which priest?

XyZspineZyX
01-19-2004, 02:56 AM
Could somebody give me the mp3 of the battle with those robots that you have to push into the blue energy beams?

XyZspineZyX
01-19-2004, 04:45 AM
The one with heavy percussion pieces?

XyZspineZyX
01-19-2004, 06:39 PM
Um.... The one where you fight those wierd robot that their arms and legs go in and out, and you have to target them and stuff.

It has wierd robot voices singing in the backround. XD

XyZspineZyX
01-19-2004, 07:16 PM
Cowboy_Beboper wrote:
- GreenMage, how did you extract Sally.BF from the
- disc? I try to copy the file to the desktop (which
- normally works) but I keep getting an error message
-
-

I've been trying to figure out whats going wrong, but I am completely baffled. For me, it was as simple as copy-paste. Dumb question: you do have a DVD drive don't you? My CD drive can see the files, but not read them, which sounds similar to your problem.

-Thats the best I got,
Green Mage

\/\/007!!!
574|=|= (|-||_|(|<5 '/0!!

XyZspineZyX
01-19-2004, 08:28 PM
Yeah, it is a DVD drive. It really doesnt matter now, though. I got the music http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

XyZspineZyX
01-20-2004, 04:02 AM
JoeyCool wrote:
- It's a philips 5 chan amplifier (5x80W Sinus) with
- optional (non amplified) subwoofer output (not
- connected) and 4 Speakers I built myself (2 x 4way
- 600W front enough power, so no subwoofer, 2 x old LP
- Player Speakers rear and 1 cheap chinese 10W speaker
- I found somewhere)...
-
- Pretty much built over time, and was cheap /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif but I
- perfectly like it. Only difficult thing was building
- some Dolby Compatble circuit for the center speaker
- as my SB Live has only 4 line outs
-
-

Egads! Sounds like something I might find in a game set in the Fallout universe running on a rusty diesel generator sitting in a shed. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Using a Herc GameTheaterXP 7.1 personally, damn thing has TOO many outputs. And inputs, for that matter.

XyZspineZyX
01-20-2004, 04:12 AM
Urthdigger wrote:
- Um.... The one where you fight those wierd robot
- that their arms and legs go in and out, and you have
- to target them and stuff.
-
- It has wierd robot voices singing in the backround.
- XD
-

Oh, that. I forgot its full name, but the file started with XB.

XyZspineZyX
01-20-2004, 09:09 AM
Hmmm...how about The Longest Journey for ICO or Silent Hill?

Pope Vorpal Carrot of the Para-theo Anametamystikhood of Eris Esoteric (POEE)

XyZspineZyX
01-20-2004, 09:45 AM
They could be pulling a Cocteau Twins and actually use some sort of con lang(constructed language) or gibberish. Would actually make sense with Hyllia being a seperate planet. Could be some kind of weird cow language.

XyZspineZyX
01-21-2004, 03:39 PM
The Tengwar? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
01-21-2004, 04:32 PM
Sorry if this has been posted already

Steps to rip the Soundtrack from BG & E

----------------------------------------------

Software needed:

Bfextractor <--- MASSIVE tool [thanks to the Programmer)
Adobe Audition

Space Needed: 1 GB Approx. - depending on Format used after Extraction

Total WAM Files: 71

----------------------------------------------

Step 1: Stick the Bfextractor in the Beyond Good & Evil Directory

Then click on the Command prompt and enter the following:

bfextractor -x sally_clean.bf *.wam -wavpcm

This command will extract all WAM files from the *.BF file and convert them too PCM

Step 2: Move the PCM files to a different directory for ease of use

Step 3: Load Adobe Audition and Click on File -> Batch File Convert

Step 4: In the Window there are 4 tabs starting with 1: Files - Simply add all the files you wish to convert into the window

Step 5: Click on the second tab - 2: Resample. Make sure the Destination Sample Type reads: 44100Hz 16bit Stereo

Step 6: Click on the third tab - 3: New Format. Choose the Output format from the Dropbox (ie. WMA) then click on Format Properties. Choose the quality of your file (ie.CBR 192 kbps)

Step 7: Click on the fourth tab - 4 Destination. Choose a location where you want the converted files to go.

Step 8: If your happy with your settings click on RUN BATCH
and let Adobe Audition do the rest.

Point to note. Many tracks don't loop or fade, so if you have the time and energy you can always implement that with Adobe Audition.

Hope this explains it...

Good Luck /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Edit:

ch1co spotted a syntax error which I corrected
Thanks for spotting that /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

He also thought it was worth mentioning the *.Waa files
which are also audio tracks

Great stuff /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Currently Using:

ASRock K7S8XE Athlon XP 3000+
Kingston HyperX PC3200 1GB DDR
GeForce FX 5900 Ultra 256 MB
PM: WD Caviar SE 160 GB
PS: WD Caviar SE 80 GB
SM: AOPEN DRW4410 DVD REWriter
SS: AOPEN CD-952E CD ROM
Sound Blaster Audigy LS
18.1" ViewSonic VG810b LCD Monitor
Firestorm Dual Power Gamepad

Running on Windows 2000 SP4

Currently playing:

Beyond Good & Evil
Prince of Persia: Sands Of Time

Message Edited on 01/27/0403:21PM by bitebug2003

XyZspineZyX
01-22-2004, 02:54 AM
Quick stupid question man. Even with both the extractor and the command line prompt in the BG&E directory, I can't get the prompt to come up. I click and it simply flashes on the screen for a split second. Can extract files one-at-a-time with the extractor, but the command line prompt would most likely be far easier.

XyZspineZyX
01-22-2004, 03:09 AM
lol

you need to go to the command prompt which is located in startmenu -> programs -> accessories

using the old dos commands to navigate to the
Beyond good and evil directory

ie. CD Progra~1\Ubisoft\Beyond~1

From there - within DOS execute the command in my previous post:

C:\>bfextractor -x sally_clean.bf *.wam -pcmwav

Doing them one by one is possible with the bfextractorgui
but it's a lengthy process

hope that helps /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Currently Using:

Sound Blaster Audigy LS

Currently playing:

Beyond Good & Evil

XyZspineZyX
01-22-2004, 03:37 AM
cheers brother.

XyZspineZyX
01-22-2004, 10:23 AM
No worries /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Currently Using:

Sound Blaster Audigy LS

Currently playing:

Beyond Good & Evil

XyZspineZyX
01-22-2004, 08:07 PM
Is there anyway I can get the game's music if I own the Gamecube version of the game?

XyZspineZyX
01-22-2004, 09:41 PM
Send a nice email to Ubisoft asking them to release the Soundtrack...
You/We might be lucky /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Currently Using:

Sound Blaster Audigy LS

Currently playing:

Beyond Good & Evil

XyZspineZyX
01-23-2004, 12:35 AM
Will do!

XyZspineZyX
01-23-2004, 12:09 PM
So, how's the email bombing coming along? =p

XyZspineZyX
01-23-2004, 09:33 PM
yeah bfextractor works with the PoP files also, and i have a "bigextractor" for the sound.big files in PoP also

XyZspineZyX
01-23-2004, 10:35 PM
rahly wrote:
- yeah bfextractor works with the PoP files also, and
- i have a "bigextractor" for the sound.big files in
- PoP also
-

Didnt have any luck with the Bfextractor with POP

And where can one get the Bigextractor - the one i got doesn't do what it says ... ?

Currently Using:

Sound Blaster Audigy LS

Currently playing:

Beyond Good & Evil

XyZspineZyX
01-24-2004, 12:28 AM
cd \POP

bfextractor -l prince.bf

i never released the bigextractor, at least yet

there isn't much use for it really

Message Edited on 01/23/0406:29PM by rahly

XyZspineZyX
01-24-2004, 12:51 AM
oh... shame - I was looking in to extracting PoP music also

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

I finished the BG&E OST in MP3/VBR format with fade in/outs and loops where applicable .. that bfextractor is pretty neat /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
did you make that also?

Currently Using:

Sound Blaster Audigy LS

Currently playing:

Beyond Good & Evil

XyZspineZyX
01-24-2004, 02:23 AM
yeah i made it, it was pretty easy to figure out once someone said there was WAVE headers in it. The beginning of the file is just like a fat table - the name.

Its not hard for the PoP big files either, the only problem is that I don't know what the files "play" in

I've kinda dropped that project though, the music of BGAE was all i wanted. I'm busy with a new project, a DOS emulator, basicically its a VM with setups a dos environment and all graphics and sounds are sent to the directx. Yes I know there are X86 VMs out there, like VMWare or MSVirtualPC, but I want something where I don't have to make virtual drives and install DOS itself, so I wrote a X86 disassembler with MMX SSE SSE 3dnow instructions decoded, and I'm working on the VM to simulate the DOS environment, so I can fake out the DOS extenders like DOS4GW, VOODOO, and other old games that don't seem to like XP

Message Edited on 01/23/0408:33PM by rahly

XyZspineZyX
01-27-2004, 04:23 PM
please note that the *.waa files in the sally_clean.bf are also Audio tracks

Thanks to ch1co for spotting them /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

-----

BITE BUG LV.1-100 HP:200-2600 Taste: Okay AP:1
Steal/Drop: Magic Stone, Wizard Stone, M-Stone Pieces, Bite Bug Card
Rare Item : Wizard Stone
Card : Bite Bug Card, Elvoret Card
Attack : Poison Needle, Fire, Fira, (Bite), (Embedded Fire attack)
Draw : Fira, Scan

Big blue insect like a bee or a fly

XyZspineZyX
01-27-2004, 08:03 PM
yeah

ambient audio/music

This music is of a lighter tone as it is ment to be background music.

bfextractor -x sally_clean.bf *.wa? -wavpcm

that will extract all of the audio including the wad (dialog)

the Matching object is like this

***Code Removed - Affecting Forum layout

This is the object used for compiling wildcards, and a function to test a string against the match. Could be changed a little bit to add some simple regex abilities.

"^\d\d.*\.wam$" - Extract any file that begins with 2 digits and ends in .wam

Message Edited on 01/27/0402:26PM by rahly

[This message was edited by bitebug2003 on Thu March 18 2004 at 04:11 PM.]

XyZspineZyX
01-27-2004, 09:53 PM
woah! that's some nifty programming ...

Not sure what it all means - but clever nonetheless /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

-----

XyZspineZyX
01-27-2004, 10:36 PM
bitebug2003 wrote:
- Send a nice email to Ubisoft asking them to release
- the Soundtrack...
- You/We might be lucky

Bitebug: already tried emailing already and here's what the nice people of UBISoft had to say:

Hello
Thank you for contacting the Ubisoft Store Customer Care.

Unfortunately, we do not currently have any information on whether a soundtrack will be released for Beyond Good and Evil. For up to date product information as it becomes available, you can periodically consult our store site at http://store.ubi.com.

If you experience any other problems concerning this issue, please contact us again via toll free telephone at 1-888-824-7038 (1-888-UBI-S0FT (with a "zero" instead of an "o")) , Monday to Friday, 9 AM to 8 PM EST, or the self-help website at http://StoreSupport.ubi.com.

regards,
Michael

XyZspineZyX
01-27-2004, 10:38 PM
Yeah, well I'd rather write code than play video games http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

XyZspineZyX
01-27-2004, 10:50 PM
That was a nice response - I guess we will just have to wait and hope that UbiSoft do release it in the near future.

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Rahly:- I'd rather play /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

-----

XyZspineZyX
01-27-2004, 11:47 PM
Many people will say, "I did it for the journey, not for where I ended up" http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I like to play now and again. I mean, I have an xbox, pc, and ps2, but i haven't even turned my xbox and ps2 on for like 7 months.

Of course, I had asthma when I was a kid, and cold air affected it, so I had a lot of indoor time in the winter. I've been programming since I was 8yo. My first program was a typing video game on the C64. Not bad for an 8yo. Since then i've broadened my horizons http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

x86 assembler, c/c++, delphi, java, php, perl, python, free pascal (gnu pascal string functions suck http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif), 6502 Assembler, VB, parrot, C#, etc etc etc, I could go on and on http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

XyZspineZyX
01-28-2004, 05:30 AM
Good lord, do you work for a large computer company by any chance?

XyZspineZyX
01-28-2004, 01:18 PM
It depends on what you call a "large" business.

I've worked for small companies, if you base them on number of employees. But i've also worked for large businesses, if you base them on cash flow coming in. I've been on projects with teams where the software was sold at 100,000 - 1,000,000 USD per copy. Of course, even I thought it was rediculous. But people still bought the stuff all the same.

XyZspineZyX
01-28-2004, 06:28 PM
Bug, did you want that BIG extractor?

XyZspineZyX
01-28-2004, 07:48 PM
exucse me for not reading this all ^^ But did u gamers got a soundtrack or did som1 stole/maked it hisself? And if so can i download it somewhere?

Cya

XyZspineZyX
01-28-2004, 07:56 PM
rahly wrote:
- Bug, did you want that BIG extractor?
-
-

Yes Please /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

-----

XyZspineZyX
01-28-2004, 09:56 PM
rahly wrote:
- which priest?
-
-

Do you think its battling with Jilvanni II (The catholic bisshop?) It would funny to battle but I meant the domZ priest. He might be catholic but that does not matter!! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

XyZspineZyX
01-29-2004, 06:25 AM
Ummm there are 2, one at the beginning and one at the end.

And I put up the big extractor

good luck getting the audio files to play ;-)

Message Edited on 01/29/0412:29AM by rahly

XyZspineZyX
01-29-2004, 09:51 AM
i realized there is another version of music at the lighthouse apart from safari one. Anyone? also the Ming-Tzu music what file name is it?

XyZspineZyX
02-01-2004, 08:56 AM
huh

XyZspineZyX
02-01-2004, 09:01 AM
The music in the Ming Tzs Shop is called "chinois boutique"
I've got it extreacked directly from the sally.bf
if you like, I may send you it

XyZspineZyX
02-02-2004, 12:15 AM
Whoops, nevermind. Stupid question.

Message Edited on 02/01/0411:31PM by Saramin

XyZspineZyX
02-06-2004, 03:03 AM
Ok I tried to read through most of the posts but I am somewhat confused. Does any one have the music up for download. I would try to rip it but this is stepping onto unfamiliar grounds. I seen some step by step in structions posted by the moderator (Bitebug I think it was) but it still sounds confusing. So if there is anyone that has the files for download that would be great if not ill figure something out

Question for you bitebug. AFter reading your step instructions and the software required..... well my question is where can I get this software or is therea "free trial" of something? Let me know. and if i have the PS2 Version is it still possable to get the music?

Message Edited on 02/06/0402:07AM by Ryeku

XyZspineZyX
02-06-2004, 03:41 AM
Hi Ryeku /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

You can get the BFExtractor from this (http://www.terrygoodkind.net/~rahly/bgae.php) site

But with the PS2 version you can't rip it - you would need the PC version

/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

In you case the only way to get the music is if someone shared it?

Bitebug2003

-----

Message Edited on 02/06/0402:42AM by bitebug2003

XyZspineZyX
02-06-2004, 04:18 AM
but isnt the pc version (as well as other versions) only 20 bucks? If so then hell.. I might just buy the pc version just so that I can get the music.

That being the case lets just hope ripping the music will be easy

XyZspineZyX
02-07-2004, 07:20 PM
*grins* See, people are already buying a $20 soundtrack. They're just going through a few extra steps.

XyZspineZyX
02-11-2004, 11:49 AM
i wane lissen af soundtrack:@

bitebug2003
02-19-2004, 03:35 PM
seeing as this is one of the hottest topics I stickied it http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

-----

http://server5.uploadit.org/files/Bitebug2003-sig2.jpg