PDA

View Full Version : Spin-Off Franchises that Assassin's Creed could launch

SnowTangerine
03-01-2015, 05:45 AM
Considering how rich the Assassin's Creed universe is, there is so much untapped potential. I'm not even talking about all the potential time periods and settings where games could take place. I'm talking entire new spin-off series here. And I have many ideas that I've amalgamated from all over comment sections, forums and the like. I have a number of ideas, but there's two that I feel would be the coolest.

-Templar's Oath (A series with Templars as main characters)
Since Rouge finally gave us a look at the other side of the conflict, it could be like a backdoor pilot for a series of Templar-based games. Now, you can bet that Rogue won't be the last we see of a Templar main character, and they could just incorporate that into future core Assassin's Creed games, but why not have a whole new series running in parallel? The gameplay could be substantially different and offer new variety.

-First Civilization
Yeah I'm going there. Now they recently stated that they're fleshing out a 5-to-7-hundred-year history for the First Civ, and they hope to start incorporating more modern segments into the games and then adding in more easter eggs and clues from the new history. In addition to this, I think that a series set during the time of the First Civilization would be incredible and would have extremely different gameplay elements from the AC series. We need some fleshing-out of this stuff. The Truth video in ACII is what really invoked this idea. Can you imagine what sort of stories could come from this??

And while I'm at it, for the main series, I'm just going to say that they should do some kind of time warp thing and bring Desmond back somehow, OR give us an actually interesting modern-day protagonist and story again. Maybe in like a final battle set in modern day there could be a big public war between the Assassins and Templars. Maybe introduce a new threat and tie a bunch of story threads together. I'm just spitballing here.

Some other ideas for new series would be some kind of a "What If?" scenarios series, with alternate timelines. You could call it Assassin's Creed Legends or something. And also a Pirate-themed series would be cool, with pirate characters interacting with Assassin and Templar characters like in the mobile game. Again, I'm simply brainstorming now. What do you guys think??

Fatal-Feit
03-01-2015, 06:16 AM
You're a lurker, but welcome to the forum anyway!

Rogue*

Templar's Oath wouldn't be the title I'd give it, but I agree with the idea wholeheartedly. Perhaps Assassin's Creed and ''Templar's Oath'' can take turns releasing each year, giving each franchise more time develop and remain fresh.

-First Civilization

Hm... I'll keep an open mind.

And while I'm at it, for the main series, I'm just going to say that they should do some kind of time warp thing and bring Desmond back somehow, OR give us an actually interesting modern-day protagonist and story again.

Nah, Desmond is done. Please don't bring him back. I'd love to have another modern-day protagonist, tho.

And also a Pirate-themed series would be cool, with pirate characters interacting with Assassin and Templar characters like in the mobile game.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ubisoft.assassin.pirates&hl=en

VestigialLlama4
03-01-2015, 08:32 AM
Since Rouge finally gave us a look at the other side of the conflict, it could be like a backdoor pilot for a series of Templar-based games. Now, you can bet that Rogue won't be the last we see of a Templar main character, and they could just incorporate that into future core Assassin's Creed games, but why not have a whole new series running in parallel? The gameplay could be substantially different and offer new variety.

Well ROGUE shows otherwise. There's a reason that all the playable Templars are either ex-Assassins (Shay) or trained from birth by Assassins (Haytham) or trained as an Assassin using their memories (Otso Berg in the Multiplayer Animi Avatars). A Templar usually works behind-the-scenes using large scale resources and like and individual agents like Shay or Otso-Berg are a tiny cog in that operation, disposable and replacable, only shown a small part of the information and lacking true power and information. A true Templar gave would be a RTS-like game.

-First Civilization In addition to this, I think that a series set during the time of the First Civilization would be incredible and would have extremely different gameplay elements from the AC series. We need some fleshing-out of this stuff. The Truth video in ACII is what really invoked this idea. Can you imagine what sort of stories could come from this??

It would probably be a sci-fi series like Mass-Effect and very boring. The First-Civ works only in the context of the historical element and a literalization of human myths, legends and religions. I agree with Darby McDevitt who says that there are two approaches, 1) To actually build a lore for the First-Civ and the like 2) To make them completely unknowable and mysterious. I prefer option 2 because Assassins stand for humanity and the First-Civ are profoundly inhuman and beyond humanity, it also gives more room for writers who want to say bring First-Civ outside of the Capitoline Triad like Durga in BRAHMAN or Gods from other myths.

And also a Pirate-themed series would be cool, with pirate characters interacting with Assassin and Templar characters like in the mobile game. Again, I'm simply brainstorming now. What do you guys think??

There's already AC:PIRATES and AC:MEMORIES and all kinds of subsidiary crap.

Some other ideas for new series would be some kind of a "What If?" scenarios series, with alternate timelines. You could call it Assassin's Creed Legends or something.

Well, they are going into spin-offs with Assassin's Creed Chronicles.Personally I would like them to go into a history theme and have us play Historical Figures or recreate famous historical events. They already planned to do a Mary Read DLC and that would have been interesting. They could call it "Assassin's Creed Histories", you know we can play as Napoleon, Mary Read or others.

I wouldn't mind them going into an Alternate History a la "Tyranny of King Washington" either.

phoenix-force411
03-01-2015, 09:14 AM
I think Connor is the only assassin that did not have an assassin parent, but only if you are excluding Haytham's affiliation with the Assassins through his father. He was never actually an assassin himself.

VestigialLlama4
03-01-2015, 10:40 AM
I think Connor is the only assassin that did not have an assassin parent,

Edward Kenway didn't have an Assassin parents either.

Sorrosyss
03-01-2015, 11:45 AM
I'd love a Templar spin off series. We only really got a few hours to experience it in Rogue, but playing 'the other side' was really compelling for me. There is a whole wealth of stories they could do.

As for the First Civ, I love them a lot, but a whole game about them may reduce their charm. Still, exploring Eden, teaming up with Adam and Eve in that first revolution. It could work I guess.

ze_topazio
03-01-2015, 01:16 PM
Assassin's Creed Horse Racer

Assassin's Creed Dueling

Assassin's Creed Runner

Assassin's Creed Zombie Apocalypse

Assassin's Creed VS Call of Duty (the crossover we all have been waiting for)

Assassin's Creed Fanorona Challenge

Assassin's Creed at the Olympics

Assassin's Creed Culinary

Assassin's Creed Painting (featuring Leonardo da Vinci)

Assassin's Creed in Space

Lego Assassin's Creed

Destiny Warriors Assassin's Creed