PDA

View Full Version : WOW. Whadda game. Unity is everything I've missed times ten.

Av8TRX
03-01-2015, 02:12 AM
Just started Unity on PS4. What an experience. Who cares if my cell phone is ringing all day, I put it in the laundry room. This is shaping up to be one of the most immersive, most innovative releases yet. Well done, Ubi.

Altair1789
03-01-2015, 02:37 AM
I'm not gonna spoil anything, but what sequence are you on?

RADAR__4077
03-01-2015, 02:58 AM
Oh no! It's an abstergo mind slave! Everybody RUN!

But in all seriousness, ubisoft did good with the gameplay.

The weak story, glitches, and 50 ways of locking content really spoiled the overall experience.

Fatal-Feit
03-01-2015, 03:21 AM
Same here, I was also blown away by Unity.

Jackdaw951
03-01-2015, 04:34 AM

But in all seriousness, ubisoft did good with the gameplay.

The [1] weak story, [2] glitches, and [3] 50 ways of locking content really spoiled the overall experience.

[1] Agree to a point. I didn't find it as bad as most do here, but I did hate . . . er, the one shocking event at the end.

[2] Much better after 5 patches

[3] Mostly gone after Patch 5

I loved the game--still loving it, if in smaller doses. I'm glad I stuck to my guns on the extraneously locked content. Not an issue anymore, for me or for new players like the OP.

SixKeys
03-01-2015, 04:44 AM
I love Unity too, OP.

Shahkulu101
03-01-2015, 04:56 AM
The game definitely does have a great first impression. I kind of wish Unity was my first AC, because I would have been absolutely floored.

Heck, when I played my first game Brotherhood I was totally enamored with Monteriggioni and spent an hour just running around the city amazed at the free-running. If Paris was my first AC, the experience would be absolutely incredible. That said, I still found Paris magnificent - the experience was hampered by familiarity somewhat.

I also find the mechanics and general mission design the best in the series by far so I do really like Unity, but repetitive, impersonal side missions and lackluster narrative hold it back from being my favourite. However, Unity's direction is where the series should head.

Norrin_Radd_1966
03-01-2015, 06:35 AM
I love this game, too!

To be fair, I didn't start playing until just before Patch 5 hit. My experience has been mostly silky smooth with only a couple of hiccups. I'm on sequence 12 part 2. Damn curious about the ending. I'll find out Monday.

OP, glad you are enjoying it. It's a blast!

playlisting
03-01-2015, 06:43 AM
How's the frame rate? Is it a good solid 30 yet or at least close? I stopped playing at patch 3 due to performance issues and would like to know how patch 5 addressed the frame rate.

Norrin_Radd_1966
03-01-2015, 06:51 AM
How's the frame rate? Is it a good solid 30 yet or at least close? I stopped playing at patch 3 due to performance issues and would like to know how patch 5 addressed the frame rate.

It's pretty good. It WILL drop at times but it is not frequent, IME. The game is not bug free, but it plays very well now. An occasional issue infrequently, as would be expected in a game this size. Yeah - they've polished it quite a bit but it's not perfect. But then again, what game is?

Namikaze_17
03-01-2015, 07:36 AM
The game has its amazing positives...

Too bad it's outshined by the negatives.

Fatal-Feit
03-01-2015, 07:48 AM
The game has its amazing positives...

Too bad it's outshined by the negatives.

U haven't even played it yet.

Namikaze_17
03-01-2015, 07:54 AM

The hate is so strong, it feels like I have...

playlisting
03-01-2015, 08:06 PM
It's pretty good. It WILL drop at times but it is not frequent, IME. The game is not bug free, but it plays very well now. An occasional issue infrequently, as would be expected in a game this size. Yeah - they've polished it quite a bit but it's not perfect. But then again, what game is?

Thanks for the information :) I'm playing through the series again and I was worried I wouldn't be able to finish it due to the performance issues. Glad to hear everything's been sorted.

Farlander1991
03-01-2015, 08:08 PM

Nami hasn't played Unity?! O_O

Jexx21
03-01-2015, 09:04 PM
i haven't played unity

m4r-k7
03-01-2015, 09:52 PM
Unity isn't a "bad" game. You can see tons of work has been put into it and it does things in the right direction. However, the negatives do outweigh the positives for me and so it is one of my worst console AC games. However, that doesn't mean its a bad game - I had tons of fun playing it.

Namikaze_17
03-01-2015, 10:48 PM
Nami hasn't played Unity?! O_O

No, I haven't.

http://38.media.tumblr.com/188c07e3482e62be3908d577262893a3/tumblr_nab2gyxDMM1s0fkoko1_250.gif

Fatal-Feit
03-01-2015, 10:50 PM
He's a fake, LET'S GET HIM!

Defalt221
03-02-2015, 12:18 PM
Same here, I was also blown away by Unity.

Me too. Blown away in a bad way. A really bad way.

Deezl-V
03-02-2015, 07:17 PM
Just started Unity on PS4. What an experience. Who cares if my cell phone is ringing all day, I put it in the laundry room. This is shaping up to be one of the most immersive, most innovative releases yet. Well done, Ubi.

Hi Alex Amancio. :)

Hans684
03-02-2015, 07:35 PM
It's everything and nothing.

Altair1789
03-02-2015, 09:07 PM
I felt the same way until I realized the story won't get much better and neither will the length of the sequences :( Other than that it's really fun

Defalt221
03-03-2015, 11:52 AM

RUNNING!!!
PARKOURING!!!
FALLING!!!!
OOps. Broke an ankle....

ShadoeKat
03-03-2015, 07:57 PM
Unity is probably my favorite on next gen (current), Ezio's story was my fav on last gen. I would like to see Arno in a trilogy. But I also think that after all the fixes, even though I didn't have that same issues as other, actually very minor ones. I find Unity the closest to making me feel like an Assassin. The parkour and other things just flows and needless to say it all looks amazing. I am looking to the next AC because this was just the freshman game of the current gen... the next outing should have this stuff down and enhancing on it. I will also say I am currently playing Rogue and it's a good game and in some ways outshines Black Flag. Just wish it was on my PS4 and not my Xbox 360.

GunnerGalactico
03-03-2015, 08:14 PM
Unity may have it's faults, overall it is still a great game and I enjoyed it.

SlyTrooper
03-04-2015, 12:36 AM
I loved it too until I realised how much filler is in it & how badly refined the game actually is. I'm not saying that you should have the same opinion as me, but if there is anything I've learned from AC it's that it's very easy just to ignore the flaws because you want it to be good so badly. Yes, AC is a decent experience yearly, but it's no longer great. Since I've pretty much grown up with AC (been playing it for 8 years of my 15), I can tell you that for certain.

SourDees
03-04-2015, 01:18 AM
Ugh please Ubi not a trilogy for Arno. He might be the dullest protagonist yet. He definitely didn't have much of an arc in this game.

Av8TRX
06-24-2015, 06:36 AM
@Jackdaw - Not new to the franchise and was about 2/3 thru when posted. I did find the four or five methods of currency for purchasing upgrades a bizarre PITA.

@Sly Trooper - Well put, we do all want it to be good so badly. Yeah, and we've drank the koolaid once or twice on some previous releases (III was my least fave) that left us wanting. There's other franchises I follow, but none like this one. I'll never forget seeing the panorama of Florence for the first time... it was an "oh yeah, game on," moment.

NikeEliteXX3
06-25-2015, 07:13 AM
Unity was my first AC game that i actually played. I watched my brother play the first one up to the third. Never got into it but when i played Unity, i loved it. Plying BF right now and plan on playing rogue next. To me Arno's story was really good but it may be mostly cause of Elise. She was a pretty interesting character that made me want to keep playing because i wanted to see more of her story.

The_Kiwi_
06-25-2015, 07:14 AM
Just wait guys

OP will finish it soon

And see the error in their mistake

----

In all honesty though, I think the gameplay is fantastic
I think it's a great game
It's just a terrible AC game, both story wise and mechanics wise
Unity feels more like an RPG than a memory simulator game

Megas_Doux
06-25-2015, 06:06 PM
Ah my love/hate relationship for Unity strikes again!

I LOVED the idea of the whole "back to the roots" focus, gameplay wise at least. Then there´s the astonishingly eye candy Paris and the nopt super easy combat, However he have the state in which it was released, the whole initiates/transmedia fiasco, the lack of some details here and there and the mediocre story.

Summarizing I do like the game, but I feel truly sad for what it could have been under a different scenario. Paris/France was my most desired setting for the franchise and think it deserved better.....