PDA

View Full Version : Big Pickpocket prblems...

Nico2000nl
02-28-2015, 12:35 PM
OK how to pickpocket... in Unity.
Lock on target using <F-key>. Get close to target. push and <hold left shift>.
That's what all the other forums say (more or less). This, however, for me, doesn't work at all...!!!

First, to lock on target with the F-Key? My F-key makes me throw bombs and stuff. It's the "use tool" key.
To target, I need to hold the <right mouse> and <space> keys. A yellow line appears around the target but as soon as I let go either button they're no longer targeted.
The left Shift just makes me run and push people out of the way. Besides, holding all those buttons and walking after my target, I'd need a couple of extra fingers...

So... How is it done???

strigoi1958
02-28-2015, 02:26 PM
which game ? in unity you get close and hold E

Lignjoslav
02-28-2015, 02:31 PM
Which of the AC games are we talking about?! Different games use different parts of the "puppeteering mechanism".

If your controls are different than what you're finding, look into your keyboard mapping to find the 'lock' action and the appropriate key.

EDIT: I'm guessing it's not Unity, Unity has no locking like the previous games and the game displays a huge sign telling you what to do (press and hold the "freerun down" key).

Nico2000nl
03-01-2015, 03:24 AM
Oh sorry I forgot... I'm talking about AC unity.
But just "getting close" and "hold E" doesn't work. Holding "Left-Shift" doesn't work either.

jeffies04
03-01-2015, 03:37 AM
You can't pickpocket just anyone anymore in Unity. Only people who have something you need as part of an objective (like a key, or a document).

Lignjoslav
03-01-2015, 11:45 AM
Jeffies is correct, you can only pickpocket particular characters and only when a mission explicitly demands it. To pickpocket, just walk up to the "victim" from behind (without any 'locking'). When you are in the correct position, a big sign will be displayed. At that time, press and hold the same key you use to freerun down

Nico2000nl
03-01-2015, 12:44 PM
OK, Thanx Guys, that's the correct answer I guess...
Shame, I licked pickpocketing...

Leo_2301
03-01-2015, 01:52 PM
I can pickpocket some "priest" like people in the game, even though I am not in a mission. Is it supposed to happen? If it is, why can't we pickpocket civilians?

Lignjoslav
03-01-2015, 02:12 PM
Ahh, true. :) I'm not sure if it's a bug or a feature, but if you bump into an NPC that you're supposed to pickpocket in a mission, you'll be able to pickpocket him outside that mission as well.

jeffies04
03-02-2015, 01:20 AM
There's a small mission where you have to steal things off a priest at that location.

Altair1789
03-02-2015, 09:16 PM
I once pickpocketed a random priest and it turned out he was going to perform a templar ritual later that day :nonchalance: What's that all about? Does it stem into any missions?

jeffies04
03-05-2015, 07:41 AM
I once pickpocketed a random priest and it turned out he was going to perform a templar ritual later that day :nonchalance: What's that all about? Does it stem into any missions?

Yes, a side mission.