PDA

View Full Version : How would an Assassin fare in a modern combat?

VoldR
02-27-2015, 04:43 AM
Since Assassins Creed and Splinter Cell are of the same company...

Would be interesting if they are able to make a modern Assassin character with AC's style weapons and abilities in Blacklist.

To see how well an AC character can fare in a gun toll world.

But seriously I don't see why not if a game like Blacklist can be done with hands and knife only and few shots if necessary.

What does AC have that Splinter Cell also have.

Crouching (AC: Unity)
Stealth run (AC: BF)
Wall takedowns (AC: BF - ... )
Multi angle takedowns (AC 2 - ... )
Death from above (AC - ... )
Death from below (AC2 - ...)
HtH combat (AC2 - AC: Rogue)
Melee weapons (AC - ... )

Guns, max shots 4x (AC: BF)
Pick up weapon rifles (AC3 - ... )
Tazer = Darts / Blowpipes
Wall climb (AC - ... )
Wall vertical crack = Pipe climb (AC3 - ... )

Zipline (AC: Revelations & AC3)
Lockpicks (AC3 & AC: Unity)
Smoke bombs (AC2 - ... )
Frag grenades (AC: Revelations & AC: Rogue)
Eagle Vision = Goggles (AC - ... )
Whistle (AC: BF)

They are almost the same In many ways.
So if Splinter cell can win without contact or just hth, I'm sure an Assassin with only melee weapons can handle just fine or carry a rifle but never use it... Which is practically what I do in SC: Blacklist

Countering
How does counter fit in?
In Blacklist u fail if the enemy knows ur there and u try to melee them...

For an Assassin, that's where the counter comes in. :D

pirate1802
02-27-2015, 06:32 AM
The bigger question being, would a modern assassin, in this day and age be so daft as to bring knives to a gunfight? I don't think so. I think he will operate ..you know, like actual modern assassins operate. With a sniper rifle, blowing his target's head off.

VoldR
02-27-2015, 06:48 AM
The bigger question being, would a modern assassin, in this day and age be so daft as to bring knives to a gunfight? I don't think so. I think he will operate ..you know, like actual modern assassins operate. With a sniper rifle, blowing his target's head off.

Same reason why Desmond use one, and other Assassins who came to rescue Lucy & Desmond I guess.
They mostly face things up and personal.

Far assassinations are for non Templar or out in open public targets...

pirate1802
02-27-2015, 09:39 AM
Same reason why Desmond use one,

Desmond was hit in his head when he was a child. Not a fair example.

and other Assassins who came to rescue Lucy & Desmond I guess.

They used guns. You can hear the gunshots. Case in point.

Far assassinations are for non Templar or out in open public targets...

Why must there be a special routine for Templars? So that he may show off and use an ancient blade? The hidden blade is redundant in modern times, as said by the Mentor in the Fall/Chain comics.

And every target must come out once in a while, the assassin would cultivate his target, like other assassins do, and like it would have been in the games if the games weren't a superhero power fantasy instead on actual assassin games.

Fatal-Feit
02-27-2015, 09:50 AM
I imagine a MD Assassin would be Watch_Dogs w/o the hacking. Replace the blunt with the hidden blade.

Namikaze_17
02-27-2015, 10:08 AM
They would get shot down.

Oh, wait... :rolleyes:

The_Kiwi_
02-27-2015, 12:40 PM
With the presence of sniper rifles, silenced weapons (which are still not quiet, but still) and night vision goggles, I doubt any "assassin" would have trouble in modern combat

Locopells
02-27-2015, 02:43 PM
It's stated in the The Fall comics, that the hidden blade is mostly ceremonial these days.

Hans684
02-27-2015, 03:32 PM
Your comparing AC to the wrong game, sure they might have "special forces"(AC Brahman) that fits the tactical spy concept. Thing is that the Hitman series is a far better example, they can't operate the in MD.

RADAR__4077
02-27-2015, 08:27 PM
"Hide in plain sight."

I picture MD Assassins armed with nothing but a hidden blade and a concealed compact .22lr pistol with a suppressor.

Once a target was located, someone would casually walk to a good shooting position with a rifle broken down inside a brief case or backpack.

For more bold strikes, they would go all spec ops.