PDA

View Full Version : Abstergo is in dire need of a change in policy [Templar POV]

JustPlainQuirky
02-26-2015, 05:31 PM
If I am to understand this correctly, Abstergo aims to manipulate the minds of men via censorship and selective exposure with the intention of getting them to absorb Templar mindset at a subconscious level. They accomplish this by making users of the animus/helix view skewed memories that benefit the Templar's ideals.

This is obviously the wrong way to go about it.

A lot of you may be thinking "well, duh. It's censorship and outright lying which is wrong."

That's not the only issue, however. Building your entire society on lies and deception only demonstrates how unconfident you are in your own ideals.

And because of that, this issue should be rectified immediately.

Abstergo shouldn't be showing censored memories of assassins. They should be showcasing successful uncensored memories of Templars and corrupt assassins.

And they should have the guts to show a successful assassin such as Connor and explain why had he been a templar things would have worked out much better.

Abstergo's methods are the way of a coward and bring shame to the modern Templar name.

Henry Ford, one of the founders of Abstergo, used illusionary means to achieve praise. I did not know this until I looked it up. This is a darn shame because had he paid a generous wage as the illusions displayed he would have demonstrated how putting people in their proper place (i.e. controlling the flow of society) could benefit the greater good WITHOUT lying to the people.

A ruler is nothing without the trust of his people. And if you don't believe the truth can convince them then you need to reflect on your perception of the Templar ideology.

Sorry, just a minor rant from a modern pro-Templar who does not like Abstergo's methods of approaching control.

Manipulation is fine. But there are means to manipulate aside from lying. The truth can be just as powerful.

How should Templars go about this "truth" I speak of? By discrediting and legitimate reassurance.

Example:

The Assassins stand by a creed. One of the tenants clearly states "stay your blade from the flesh of the innocent." But who is to say what innocent is? What gives Assassins the right to claim who is guilty and who is not and yet call Templar's sacrifices unjust? The creed is hypocrisy and the Assassins acknowledge that, and yet do not provide proper rebuttal.

Or to get into specifics when Connor Kenway killed a man who simply was stealing a map. Did that man deserve to die? Was he not innocent enough to be spared the blade?

This is discrediting.

What about Thomas Edioson's astounding inventions of the phonograph, motion picture camera, and long-lasting light bulb thanks to his research with the apple? Not only did this further means of templar communication but it brought progression and industrialization to society, thus making the quality of life better.

This is reassurance.

The father of understanding did not give us knowledge to hide it from the people, but to use it to enlighten them. Remember that.

Until Abstergo learns to use these strategies for conversion, they will forever be seen as enemies to Assassins, Erudito, and the informed public.

Please reconsider your methods

Sincerely, a fellow Templar.

May the father of understanding guide us.

aL_____eX
02-26-2015, 05:37 PM
That's not the only issue, however. Building your entire society on lies and deception only demonstrates how unconfident you are in your own ideals.
This is Abstergo in a nutshell for me and the reason why I have no 'respect' for the modern Templar organization.

JustPlainQuirky
02-26-2015, 05:38 PM
This is Abstergo in a nutshell for me and the reason why I have no 'respect' for the modern Templar organization.

The 'Modern' Templar organization you are referring to is specifically Abstergo.

There are plenty of other branches of Templars who do not agree with Abstergo's censorship methods.

aL_____eX
02-26-2015, 05:43 PM
The 'Modern' Templar organization you are referring to is specifically Abstergo.

There are plenty of other branches of Templars who do not agree with Abstergo's censorship methods.
Sure, I was talking about Abstergo as the 'modern Templar organization' of course since they are the most prestigious one. Then let's keep it at Abstergo.

All in all I don't identify myself with the Templar's ideas of moral and control, so I can't really comment that. But I like your idea that they should reflect more on their action, but that goes for both sides, Assassins and Templars.

GoldenBoy9999
02-26-2015, 05:43 PM
Solid viewpoint, fellow Templar. Abstergo is a great company- it is responsible for the majority of human technological development for the past millennia- but their methods can be changed. I favor the methods of the old more than this new censorship. Stand proud Templars.

ze_topazio
02-26-2015, 06:49 PM
The Templars have no interest in converting everybody to their cause, they don't want everybody to be illuminated, because they believe humankind as a whole is stupid, only a few are wise enough to rule the others, the Templars being a group made of those few illuminated people, they have used many methods over the centuries, AC1 Templars were trying to influence people's thinking and behavior, Cesare wanted to be king of Italy to rule people directly, Haytham wanted to control the US government from the shadows and AC4 Templars wanted to use the observatory to spy on important people and blackmailed them into submission, Abstergo is just doing the same but they are using modern technology to achieve that, at the end of the day, independently of the methods they use, the Templars ultimate objective is to dictate how people should live, because they are convinced they know better than anyone.

JustPlainQuirky
02-26-2015, 07:05 PM
The Templars have no interest in converting everybody to their cause, they don't want everybody to be illuminated, because they believe humankind as a whole is stupid, only a few are wise enough to rule the others, the Templars being a group made of those few illuminated people, they have used many methods over the centuries, AC1 Templars were trying to influence people's thinking and behavior, Cesare wanted to be king of Italy to rule people directly, Haytham wanted to control the US government from the shadows and AC4 Templars wanted to use the observatory to spy on important people and blackmailed them into submission, Abstergo is just doing the same but they are using modern technology to achieve that, at the end of the day, independently of the methods they use, the Templars ultimate objective is to dictate how people should live, because they are convinced they know better than anyone.

I am aware that many Templars (if not most) believe the majority ignorant and prefer it that way for manipulation's sake but there are other ways to manipulate rather than lying and deception.

There is a benefit to having the support of the people, and that's something I feel many Templars (past and present) seem to neglect.

With the support of the people you get the upper hand against the Assassins as well.

Not saying all should be taught to be a controlling templar, but many have the potential to be taught the benefits of being controlled, even at a subconscious level.

Hans684
02-26-2015, 07:09 PM
If I am to understand this correctly, Abstergo aims to manipulate the minds of men via censorship and selective exposure with the intention of getting them to absorb Templar mindset at a subconscious level. They accomplish this by making users of the animus/helix view skewed memories that benefit the Templar's ideals.

They want to use an Apple Of Eden by sending it in sky. Mind controlling everyone but we have confirmation that such a method won't work because if Desmond's vision and the First Civ's attempt.

This is obviously the wrong way to go about it.

You don't say.

A lot of you may be thinking "well, duh. It's censorship and outright lying which is wrong."

It's a bad tactic, the truth will be revealed sooner or later and when it dies it's going to hit hard.

Wouldn't say exactly that, their blinded by their ideals believing to be right when it's wrong at times, when it harms more than it hurts. Like Achilles Brotherhood, old Adéwalé, Revelations Ezio etc...

And because of that, this issue should be rectified immediately.

One someone is corrupt reflecting things is out of the question, their already blind. So in this the Assassins is right, corruption has to end with a blade.

Abstergo shouldn't be showing censored memories of assassins. They should be showcasing successful uncensored memories of Templars and corrupt assassins.

Agree.

And they should have the guts to show a successful assassin such as Connor and explain why had he been a templar things would have worked out much better.

It would have worked better.

Abstergo's methods are the way of a coward and bring shame to the modern Templar name.

Modern Templars is just as corrupt as the Borgia and as extreme as Germain.

A ruler is nothing without the trust of his people. And if you don't believe the truth can convince them then you need to reflect on your perception of the Templar ideology.

The people is control, having their support is the most valuable thing needed for peace. If we can't have them on our side they will revolt and the Assassins would take advantage of that.

Sorry, just a minor rant from a modern pro-Templar who does not like Abstergo's methods of approaching control.

Try being pro-peace, it's our ultimate goal but control is how we get it.

Manipulation is fine. But there are means to manipulate aside from lying. The truth can be just as powerful.

The truth is more powerful, if you lie and are discovered everything said will grumble but if you tell the truth it will stand.

Until Abstergo learns to use these strategies for conversion, they will forever be seen as enemies to Assassins, Erudito, and the informed public.

Any true Templar wouldn't support them either, they infiltrate them and take over and kill a few key people so it doesn't get corrupt again.

Please reconsider your methods

They won't, their blind, corrupt and extreme.

Shahkulu101
02-26-2015, 07:11 PM

This.

I believe in an argument with you a while back Quirky, you stated "Templar's don't care if you like them or not" when I made the point that Templar's lack popular leadership and the trust of the people.

And you're right, Abstergo don't need or want trust and nor have any other Templars in history. They want control and they will only ever show contempt towards the masses.

ze_topazio
02-26-2015, 07:14 PM
Abstergo be change their methods
please be more like the publicity
their methods are lie unlike a package

JustPlainQuirky
02-26-2015, 07:17 PM
lovely read, Hans

And you're right, Abstergo don't need or want trust and nor have any other Templars in history. They want control and they will only ever show contempt towards the masses.

I think a lot of Templars like Monroe (AC Rogue) would disagree with you.

He valued trust above all else.

And it worked to his benefit.

There is unused potential to trust many Templars are neglecting.

You could get a powerful follower to benefit your cause greatly, such as Shay.

i see what you did there

Hans684
02-26-2015, 07:22 PM
lovely read, Hans

Thanks.

ze_topazio
02-26-2015, 07:30 PM
I think a lot of Templars like Monroe (AC Rogue) would disagree with you.

He valued trust above all else.

And it worked to his benefit.

There is unused potential to trust many Templars are neglecting.

You could get a powerful follower to benefit your cause greatly, such as Shay.

In that case the nice Templars could just go public and create a political party, openly explaining their beliefs and submit themselves to democratic elections, however their beliefs would make them be just another far-right or far-left political party condemned to having just a small group of supporters, only in moments of crisis could they succeed like it happened in the early 20th century in many countries in Europe or a few weeks ago with Greece.

BTW, I notice you can finally quote people, I remember you for some reason couldn't.

aL_____eX
02-26-2015, 07:38 PM
Don't provoke it! :(

JustPlainQuirky
02-26-2015, 07:39 PM
In that case the nice Templars could just go public and create a political party, openly explaining their beliefs and submit themselves to democratic elections, however their beliefs would make them be just another far-right or far-left political party condemned to having just a small group of supporters, only in moments of crisis could they succeed like it happened in the early 20th century in many countries in Europe or a few weeks ago with Greece.

BTW, I notice you can finally quote people, I remember you for some reason couldn't.

Why yes for example there is the inevitable 25% of americans will disagree with your views if you run for president but the amount of support you would get alone would be a godsend compared to underground corporate schemes.

It's people like Monroe who inspire people like Shay to step up and make a change.

Not saying Templars shouldn't continue to have some branches underground in secrecy, but just to avoid upfront dishonesty/censorship. It can only help in the long run.

And yeah I can quote for a while now. I only use @ now when Im lazy

Namikaze_17
02-26-2015, 10:18 PM
Sadly, that's our MD Templars for you...

They have forfeited our integrity and confidence for cheap confinement and lying.

If I was alive, all of them would get a slap across the face.

Fatal-Feit
02-26-2015, 10:30 PM
The MD Templars died with Warren Vidic.

http://gfx.gaminator.tv/data/characterPicture/537/537.3.jpg

R.I.P

JustPlainQuirky
02-26-2015, 10:31 PM
Warren Vidic was an idiot who died like a fool

"give me the apple! .... NO WAIT!"

Fatal-Feit
02-26-2015, 10:34 PM
Correction:

MD Templars died with ACR.

Hans684
02-26-2015, 10:41 PM
Correction:

MD Templars died with ACR.

Correction:

MD Templars died with AC2. Sure there still was interesting Templars like Cross but as organization it's been dead since AC2.