PDA

View Full Version : More than 1 Local player in Online matches?

Hixbot
02-25-2015, 05:55 PM
Big thanks to RedLynx for adding online multiplayer to Trials Fusion!

I've been enjoying local multiplayer in Trials Evolution and Trails Fusion for many many years. It's a big hit at my house when I'm entertaining guests.

I'm excited to play online, but I'm disappointed to see that you can't take your local friends into online matches. It seems to me that this would be rather simple to accomplish. Does RedLynx have any plans to support this feature? What technical limitations are preventing this feature from being supported.

Thank-you.

Hixbot
02-26-2015, 08:53 PM
78 views and no comments. I guess I'm the only one who would like to be able to include my local friends into online matches. I mean, the multi-lane tracks have everyone on the same screen. If you get bumped off screen, it counts as a crash. Local play works this way, online play works this way, so why can't more than one local player play online?

On Xbox One, all Silver accounts on the same Xbox as a Gold account inherit the privilege of online play. I can sign in myself, and my friend can sign in too. I can start a lobby in Trials, and invite my local friend to the match. As soon as he accepts the invite the game reloads with him as the main player, and I've been bumped out. What I'm asking is for more than one local Xbox live account to be allowed into match. This works in Halo MCC, and many other games. It's a local/online hybrid. It's not a new concept.
The method would be simple, in the lobby, any local controllers that want to play would hit A button and join the lobby

Please tell me your opinions.

IImayneII
02-26-2015, 09:04 PM
The Xsupercross mode isn't optimized for local play, that's what local supercross is for. You can't have +2 local players because it would require a whole different camera angle for both players to see properly and those tracks aren't made with that in mind. It also tends to be alot harder to play hard/extremes with a local camera angle. The only way this would really work is split screen, and I think all the time they would have to spend on that would just not be worth it, and probably too many performance issues too.

Only thing they would be able to do without splitscreen is make local supercross back an online mode like in Evo but integrate local play, but that will never happen since the point with Fusion was to create a new, better online mode.

So while I agree a mode integrated with local players would be amazing, I don't see it ever happening.

C0H00L
02-27-2015, 03:55 PM
Big thanks to RedLynx for adding online multiplayer to Trials Fusion!

I've been enjoying local multiplayer in Trials Evolution and Trails Fusion for many many years. It's a big hit at my house when I'm entertaining guests.

I'm excited to play online, but I'm disappointed to see that you can't take your local friends into online matches. It seems to me that this would be rather simple to accomplish. Does RedLynx have any plans to support this feature? What technical limitations are preventing this feature from being supported.

Thank-you.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/892443-Public-Private-Multiplayer-Suggestions-For-Developers?p=10544389&viewfull=1#post10544389

C0H00L
02-27-2015, 03:56 PM
excellent idea ;)